• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could a dual singles champion work?

Could a Superstar hold two singles titles at once and it be believable?

• Yes

• No

• maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
You must be playing the games from the 90's/early 00's, because for the last couple of years maybe you don't HAVE to win anything. You basically book the matches. I've never had one wrestler hold EVERY TITLE at once, that's an example of how not to do it in real life. And people were just using the game as an example of how you can do it. Having one superstar hold both mid-card titles can be done very effectively and would be a great storyline if the people booking are intelligent enough.

I did mention that I had played every single wwe game since the introduction of the 1st smackdown on playstation and raw on pc/xbox. In fact at various times I've owned each and everyone of the Smackdown and the SDvsRaw games leading into each of the yearly editions that started with SD 2006. In fact at various times, I've repurchased some that I had sold or traded in.
That only really started with wwe'11. wwe'10 still had a 'season' mode compared to what there is now. Even in wwe'12 there is a loose sequence of matches that lead to title matches, and as you said, you can book your own or change any match on any card to anything that you want, so you can book your character to win any and all titles except the diva's.
I know they were using it as an example and that was what I mentioned as what I found being funny. The fact that they had to go to a VIDEO GAME to find examples of dual champions. And that you HAVEN'T had one wrestler hold all seems odd to me. It's a game, not life, so making realistic booking just seems silly to me. I book and create as far from reality as I can. If I wanted reality, I'd watch old matches instead of playing a game.
And if you didn't hold all titles at once in the pre wwe'11 games then you must not have been very good since you literally can't progress in their season modes without winning each title in order, and once you have that title, as I stated in my earlier post, you almost never defend it. The further up the ranks you go towards the WWE and WHC titles, the less chance their is of having to defend the lower titles (European, US, LHW).

I did mention that I had played every single wwe game since the introduction of the 1st smackdown on playstation and raw on pc/xbox. In fact at various times I've owned each and everyone of the Smackdown and the SDvsRaw games leading into each of the yearly editions that started with SD 2006. In fact at various times, I've repurchased some that I had sold or traded in.
That only really started with wwe'11. wwe'10 still had a 'season' mode compared to what there is now. Even in wwe'12 there is a loose sequence of matches that lead to title matches, and as you said, you can book your own or change any match on any card to anything that you want, so you can book your character to win any and all titles except the diva's.
I know they were using it as an example and that was what I mentioned as what I found being funny. The fact that they had to go to a VIDEO GAME to find examples of dual champions. And that you HAVEN'T had one wrestler hold all seems odd to me. It's a game, not life, so making realistic booking just seems silly to me. I book and create as far from reality as I can. If I wanted reality, I'd watch old matches instead of playing a game.
And if you didn't hold all titles at once in the pre wwe'11 games then you must not have been very good since you literally can't progress in their season modes without winning each title in order, and once you have that title, as I stated in my earlier post, you almost never defend it. The further up the ranks you go towards the WWE and WHC titles, the less chance their is of having to defend the lower titles (European, US, LHW).

This is too much to respond too. Of course in the older games where YOU HAVE to win every title I did. But as far as duel champions Jeff Jarrett, DLo Brown, Kurt angle, Ken Shamrock, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Bigg Boss Man, Kevin Nash, MVP and Goldberg were dual champions. And Yeah I like to book my matches in the game to be realistic and not far out there. But too each its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back