Corner Gas

The Dewbliners

WZ's Whedonite. Now 20% Cooler
I was just wondering if anybody else here watches this show. I know it's a huge hit in Canada, and maybe even the States although I'm the only person I know that watches it.

If you do watch it, what's your opinion and who's your favorite charachter(s)?

Gawd I cannot stand this show! It's hugely popular in Canada, but I just don't find it funny at all. Brent Butt is painful to watch and I never laugh at him. The parents bother me to no end, and the whole serious is just one great big Canadian stereotype.

I couldn't imagine it be considered funny in the states. I also hate the sidekick guy, I forget his name, the really stupid one. Anyways the only think remotely good about the show is the girl who plays the little blonde gas attendent(names drawing a blank). She's funny and adorable, but even she cannot stand such a poor show. I'm just not a fan at all, and find it almost unbearable to watch.

Gawd I cannot stand this show! It's hugely popular in Canada, but I just don't find it funny at all. Brent Butt is painful to watch and I never laugh at him. The parents bother me to no end, and the whole serious is just one great big Canadian stereotype.

I couldn't imagine it be considered funny in the states. I also hate the sidekick guy, I forget his name, the really stupid one. Anyways the only think remotely good about the show is the girl who plays the little blonde gas attendent(names drawing a blank). She's funny and adorable, but even she cannot stand such a poor show. I'm just not a fan at all, and find it almost unbearable to watch.

I thank you for your honesty. Ironically everything you can't stand, are the very same things I adore. Hank, the sidekick, I find to be hilarious. Emma and Oscar remind me of my grandparents, so that explains why I like them. I do agree with you on Wanda (gas attendant). Outside of that I can't exactly argue or agree with you as I've never been to Canada. I've always identified with the show, however, because my hometown is alot like Dog River.

I like the show. I am Canadian and do find it similar to prairie life, so that is fun. I think I most enjoy the show for its simpleness. It is easy to watch, isn't complicated and gives you enjoyment. Now I didnt watch an episode until last summer, but if I am watching TV and see it, I might give it a chance of being the show I shall watch for that half an hour. And although I have only watched 20 episodes or so, I feel that I know the storyline for the most part. It ended up being one of Canada's best sitcoms ever, and without a storyline, that is amazing.

I have never even heard of this show, though I'm not Canadian so that prolly has something to do with it, that being said I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it either, mainly because it sounds stupid, at least from the way M_F described it anyway, I do have one question though...

And although I have only watched 20 episodes or so, I feel that I know the storyline for the most part. It ended up being one of Canada's best sitcoms ever, and without a storyline, that is amazing.

You know the storyline for the most part but it doesn't have a storyline?:headscratch: Please explain?

I have never even heard of this show, though I'm not Canadian so that prolly has something to do with it, that being said I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it either, mainly because it sounds stupid, at least from the way M_F described it anyway, I do have one question though...

You know the storyline for the most part but it doesn't have a storyline?:headscratch: Please explain?

It's the deal where there's no season-long storylines. The "storylines" are stand-alone with each episode, thus making it easier to follow the show, cause you don't have to think,"Wait, what kind of shennanigans happened last week?"

I should have said set up, instead of storyline there. Each episode has its own storyline, but the show itself has the same set up. The show has a new storyline every episode, but follows the same formula so you are able to pick up the show at any point.

Don't let my opinion about the show make you not watch it. It really just isn't my taste. I don't try to claim I no what's good and bad on television(coming from someone who thinks reality tv is the best thing ever, lol)but I really don't like this show. It just really isn't interesting to me.

I just find most of the jokes to be lame and to corny. And I just find most of the characters to be lame and just predictable. But that's just how I find the show. Like I said it's huge in Canada(while not as big as it once was but it still get's decent ratings)but I just don't think it would ever be a hit in the States(maybe because it's too "canadian")but honestly if there was an American version but with similar characters I still think it would flop.

Don't let my opinion about the show make you not watch it. It really just isn't my taste. I don't try to claim I no what's good and bad on television(coming from someone who thinks reality tv is the best thing ever, lol)but I really don't like this show. It just really isn't interesting to me.

I just find most of the jokes to be lame and to corny. And I just find most of the characters to be lame and just predictable. But that's just how I find the show. Like I said it's huge in Canada(while not as big as it once was but it still get's decent ratings)but I just don't think it would ever be a hit in the States(maybe because it's too "canadian")but honestly if there was an American version but with similar characters I still think it would flop.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Kinda like here in Cincy, every tourist we get wants to see the WKRP studios, and meet the charachters. Gets kind of annoyin'. Anyhow, the Corner Gas gets air time here in the States, but I'm not sure of how the ratings are, seeing as it's on at 4 in the morning for an hour and half, on Mondays.

It started coming on every night at 11 between Scrubs and Becker. When I first saw it, I didn't know where the setting was because it seemed like a weird place to me. The show isn't that good in my opinion, even that blonde attendant (I think her name is Lacey) couldn't save it. She is hot though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back