The Voice

Skairipa Matrix

3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
Am I the only one watching this show? I think it's been amazing this year with Cassadee Pope who was formally the lead singer of Hey Monday being the real standout.

[YOUTUBE]36a94EqgoHQ[/YOUTUBE]
This is her performance from yesterday and her first time not doing an upbeat pop/rock song and it was probably her best performance yet. I mean she had 1 of the writers of the song in tears and Blake's comments at the end is proof shes a superstar waiting to happen.

There are some other standouts on the show but Cassadee is the best by far I think.

If anybody else watches this show who's your favorite and why? Is there anybody you think is overrated and don't see why their still on the show?

I'm watching. I can't imagine you'll find many viewers here on this forum, though.

Cassadee v. Terry is what I'm predicting, though if they base it on the same rules as last year, there will be a final 3, where one is eliminated and then the winner is announced. My prediction for the final three? Cass, Terry and Trevin, though that third spot will highly depend on the performance he and Nicholas have on Monday. Whoever goes balls to the wall will make it to that third spot, but ultimately this is Cass or Terry's to lose IMO.

I wasn't that shocked to see Amanda Brown's exit already, either. I even said to my wife at the start of the show that Melanie and Amanda would get eliminated. She had really poor song choices the last few performances, and her duet's have been really bad. Exceptionally bad when you consider her true talent level.

I'm watching. I can't imagine you'll find many viewers here on this forum, though.

Cassadee v. Terry is what I'm predicting, though if they base it on the same rules as last year, there will be a final 3, where one is eliminated and then the winner is announced. My prediction for the final three? Cass, Terry and Trevin, though that third spot will highly depend on the performance he and Nicholas have on Monday. Whoever goes balls to the wall will make it to that third spot, but ultimately this is Cass or Terry's to lose IMO.

I wasn't that shocked to see Amanda Brown's exit already, either. I even said to my wife at the start of the show that Melanie and Amanda would get eliminated. She had really poor song choices the last few performances, and her duet's have been really bad. Exceptionally bad when you consider her true talent level.

Yeah I realized that there isn't much fans of the show on here. I thought last nights performances were all pretty good, Cassadee quickly reached the top of the ITunes charts last night and all her downloads there count as a vote then multiply that by 10, Safe to say the odds of Cassadee in the finals are great. I think after last night it's between Terry and Trevin for who will go home. Trevin is basically the same thing every week and that's very overrated so hopefully he goes home.

I do think Cassadee is the front runner to win and I think she should, Every week she tears the house down with her performance and you can tell she really connects with every song she sings.

On a side note my 2 favorites from Season 2 (Juliet Simms and Raelynn) are coming back to perform tonight on the results show so I'm really looking forward to seeing them again I loved them both last season and still think Juliet was robbed of the win.

EDIT: Oh and I disagree about Amanda Brown I thought she was awesome and I wish she would have been in the final 4 instead of Trevin, Melanie grew on me over time but I wasn't at all surprised to see her not make the final 4. IDR, Did you vote last night? If so who for? I voted for everybody but Trevin.

For me, Trevin and Nicholas are cut from the same boring cloth, though I suppose I can see the appeal others see in Nicholas. He does nothing for me, because every song he does sounds nearly identical the one he sang before it, but I get that his voice is identifiable, and that can take someone rather far in the music industry alone.

I already said I think this goes to Terry v. Cass, and I'm sticking with that prediction. To me, those two have the most marketability, the best look(s) and the most refined sound where you know they know what they are doing. To me, Trevin falls short there, as you saw with how much he's struggled to really find his "voice" outside of a few really gimme R&B songs.

Awesome to see Juliet coming back! She was one of my favorites from that season, along with Lindsey Pavao.

Yeah I don't get why everybody loves Trevin he sings the same type of song almost every week then once in awhile fails horribly at a upbeat song. Terry may be doomed after the show, All he does is classic rock (granted I love me some classic rock so i'm digging it) and I don't know how well he can do with a current song I assume he'd be fine though. I've been enjoying seeing Cassadee do country once in awhile. Blake has touched on why he likes her doing country many times so I won't repeat it. He has turned into a great coach for her, I never saw her picking him coming at first.

But yeah Juliet was great her singing Roxanne and It's A Mans World were 2 of the best performances ever on the show. Looking forward to hearing her new single tonight and Raelynn's. Lindsey was good too but I haven't heard anything about her getting a record deal yet.

I actually started watching "The Voice" this last season. I like the judge interaction with Adam, Blake, Christina, and Cee Lo. They each add something unique to the show and I like the humor in it as compared to lesser shows like American Idol or X-Factor. The only thing I didn't like were some of the contestants. I cannot fathom how Nicholas David, Trevin Hunte, Amanda Brown, or Terry[forgot his last name] could've made it to the finals. Especially Terry, the british guy who sung rock. He made it to the finals and wasn't a strong contestant at all. If they had better contestants, I think The Voice could be the best singing competition show on television. It's just a shame that Christina & Cee Lo are leaving and being replaced by Usher and Shakira. I don't think the dynamic will be the same, though I'll save judgement until I see next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back