• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conspiracy = Deception?

DethMetal

Best for (the Music) Business
I don't know if anyone remembers, but last year in TNA(oops. iMPACT WRESTLING) Sting and Nash seemingly "turned heel" around the time Hogan & Bischoff took over. They used the cryptic message of "deception" to everybody they ran across, but everyone thought they were just being full of it. Sure enough, 10/10/10 came, Immortal came to be, and it all made sense. Hogan & Bischoff "deceived" Dixie Carter, the fans, and everybody in the back. Everyone realized that Sting and Nash were right, but didn't know what the Hell they were trying to say...

Now, on RAW, Tha Troof brought up quite a valid point: If CM Punk was coming back all along, why the Hell was there a tournament? So that got me thinking: What if they're making Truth seem crazy NOW, but in reality, nothing's wrong with him and he was right all along? What if at Summerslam, Mr. H pulls a massive heel turn and screws Cena out of the championship? He and Punk form an alliance and H becomes the evil suit in charge. He could say, "Didn't I tell you I would take control?" HHH betrays Cena, Steph, Vince, and the fans. "The Truth Shall Set You Free?" What if the Truth is that he was right on the money this whole time, and this was the conspiracy?

If WWE did this, I'm not saying that they would be ripping TNA, but I could see them doing this. Any takers?

No why must everything turn into ripping off storylines? Truth is crazy he's been talking about conspiracies against him for a while. We won't be seeing any Triple H and Cm Punk alliance if anything what we're gonna be seeing is Triple H screw Cm Punk out of the wwe title. What Triple H and Cm Punk did tonight was plant a seed for an upcoming epic feud between the two.

A) it would ruin punk's "speaking the truth" and ruin his genuine crowd buzz...

B) it would take all heat off of punk and put it squarely on HHH again (who doesn't need any more adulation from the crowd...)

C) Truth talks to people who arent there, he's genuinely playing the role of a crazy person and has been long before the whole CM Punk leaving story came into being..

All in all it would be just utterly completely assbackwards ******ed if the WWE did this... It would just shit on everything they've had going since Punk's worked shoot promo... Just not the time to do anything like this

Mr. McMahon was the one who initiated the tournament after CM Punk's departure. Since Punk was no longer with the company, we are to assume he was stripped of the WWE Championship, even though no mention of it was made.

The finals of the tournament took place the following week, which, according to Triple H, was BEFORE CM Punk had re-signed. Remember, the new COO said that Punk showed up right as Cena had won the WWE Title with his newly signed contract and WWE Championship and said, "Play my music."

Now, Triple H could have said "Well, you quit, so you're not the champion." As we saw tonight, that's not the case, and we have two WWE Champions. I don't agree with it, and as much as I want Punk to be the rightful champion, Cena should be the only champion right now. But, "kayfabely" speaking, Mr. Helmsley has made his decision, and R-Truth's conspiracy is just in his head. Simple as that.

Now get over yourselves and enjoy some wrestling.

I would be really pissed off if that happened. Soooo many people on here want HHH to turn heel and be the evil authority figure. If a lot of IWC guys want something to happen, it's probably a bad idea.

Psychlone is right about all his points. It kills the Punk character, makes HHH's character just like every other authority figure, and also kinda hurts the Truth's character.

I sure as Hell hope not...the Deception angle was Sting being "smarter" than everybody else, not throwing around wild accusations about conspiracies and talking to invisible Oompa-Loompas (has anybody else noticed that his imaginary friends seem really short?). In the right hands, Sting's angle could have been something suspenseful and entertaining. Ronny's angle is a comedy sideshow.

If Truth is not crazy, who are those invisible guys he keeps talking to?

The WWE has done a pretty good job in things heel- and faceturns lately. They tended to make sense.
This would not. Why did Triple H make that tournament then? Punk already was champion. H could have just said "screw the final match, the champ is back. And he is my butt-buddy now." This sounds like a pointless, solely for shock-value heel-turn. This sounds like Russo booking. Won't happen.

Besides, CM Punk is not a heel. Not really. He is the next big anti hero. I'm pretty sure that's the way he's heading. So while he will do heelish things, cowardice currently is not in his repertoire. Sleeping with the evil boss, so to speak, is out of the question.

Nope. Remember, when HHH was explaining why Cena has a valid claim as champ, he said that Cm Punk only gave him the signed contract AFTER he beat Rey. So that means Punk's return was unforseeable and the tournament was reasonable. The only reason Truth mentioned it was because he came on before that segment, so therefore that wasn't explained yet at that time. Besides, HHH allowed Cena to cash in his rematch clause on a night where Rey already wrestled, so it'd be kinda weird if he 180'd on that show of generosity to Cena

I can actually see that happening. However it would be better to keep Punk as an antihero face for now. He can defeat Cena, reign on top for a bit and then eventually face Trips. There is talk of a Trips VS Punk match a Survivor Series. If they form an alliance now, it would be more difficult to set that match up. Instead they should keep letting the tension grow between them for a couple of months. I would not mind seeing this alliance at some point though, it sounds like something WWE would eventually do. Or maybe it won't happen and Truth really is (kayfabe) crazy when talking to his imaginary friend about conspiracies.... The original post mentioned TNA's 10/10/10 angle. I can 100% guarantee you that if this happend it would be far better than Immortal. No stable has ever made less sense than them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back