• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confirm or Deny: I Am Really Dumb (Re: CM Punk's MitB Angle)

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Shouldn't have put that qualifier in the thread title. Ah well.

There seems to be a large amount of people that got worked by Punk's Money in the Bank angle, and worked bad. I don't know, maybe not - maybe I'm just really stupid. That's why I made this thread. There seems to be this idea that not only had Punk not signed a new contract when he was wearing that snazzy Steve Austin shirt, but he hadn't signed a new contract when he walked out of Chicago with the WWE Championship. I have a harder time believing that than my grandfather does getting an erection. He's been dead for ten years.

So are the "sell-out" crowd the sub-species of sewer dwellers that I think they are, or are we in for a Shyamalanian twist?

I had a very hard time believing he didn't have at least a handshake agreement when the Summer of Punk started.

He must have signed a written contract by Chicago. Before the promo I can believe though I would say that it is a bit of a stretch. But before Chicago? Surely. He probably got one a few days after the promo.

Either way it does no make much difference to the angle, does it?

Either way it does no make much difference to the angle, does it?

The implication would be that Punk had left but was brought back by the tantalising thought of working with that underwhelming program with Triple H and Kevin Nash. As someone who considers CM Punk to be a person of moderate intelligence, I take that as a grave insult.

I consider anybody that thinks Punk sold out to have been worked really, really hard.

I'm convinced Punk was working on a hand-shake agreement to return "eventually" and didn't sign a new contract until after Money in the Bank. True believer to the end.

It's not like Vince McMahon shoved a contract under Punk's nose and said, "Now or never asshole!" He probably had negotiated with Punk for months and the two were extremely close to finalizing a deal, they just had to bang out a few details.

I'm guessing they had a handshake agreement that Punk would sign a contract by a certain date, and that he would return soon after. I wouldn't doubt that Vince and Punk had a deal in writing by Money in the Bank.

They were probably negotiating the whole time. Punk himself said in an interview, I think with Bill Simmons on a podcast, that he didn't sign until he got to the arena for Money in the Bank.

I felt a wee bit sorry for Rey in the story of Punk's return leading to the unification match at Summerslam. Didn't Trips say that it was only when Cena beat Rey that Punk got in touch, despite Rey winning the title at the start of the night? Was that just a case of the skinny fat-asses having an unspoken agreement or something?

I'm convinced Punk was working on a hand-shake agreement to return "eventually" and didn't sign a new contract until after Money in the Bank. True believer to the end.

It's not like Vince McMahon shoved a contract under Punk's nose and said, "Now or never asshole!" He probably had negotiated with Punk for months and the two were extremely close to finalizing a deal, they just had to bang out a few details.

I'm guessing they had a handshake agreement that Punk would sign a contract by a certain date, and that he would return soon after. I wouldn't doubt that Vince and Punk had a deal in writing by Money in the Bank.

They were probably negotiating the whole time. Punk himself said in an interview, I think with Bill Simmons on a podcast, that he didn't sign until he got to the arena for Money in the Bank.

I felt a wee bit sorry for Rey in the story of Punk's return leading to the unification match at Summerslam. Didn't Trips say that it was only when Cena beat Rey that Punk got in touch, despite Rey winning the title at the start of the night? Was that just a case of the skinny fat-asses having an unspoken agreement or something?

What is it with you people? What is your major malfunction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back