Community

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Yeah, easily the best new show on TV this fall. The first few episodes have had some very good laughs, but the episode earlier tonight solidified the show to me as something to really keep your eye on. I laughed quite a bit in the episode tonight. Having a great cast really helps as well.

The writing was particularly good for the most part.

I know there are a few other people who enjoy this show too, well, here's your thread to discuss it.

Oh and GuyCompton, you must find me a video of the scene that your sig has a picture of. I laughed so hard I nearly cried when watching that part.

Completely agree. I started watching because I'm a huge Joel McHale fan from the Soup, but the whole cast has drawn me in, not just Chevy Chase. Ahbad is great and all of the teachers are hilarious.

I didn't catch the episode yesterday, but I'll likely watch it online or something. At first I thought this was just going to be a silly comedy, but it seems to be turning into a show that has a little substance and story to it.

Just fantastic though, by far the best new show in quite awhile on any network.

I have to agree with you, Community has become a show I look forward to every week. Abhad easily became my favorite character after the first episode. The characters mesh together to create episodes that are memorable in different ways. The best part is that I know someone just like Abhad and every episode they become more and more alike.

I had never seen this show before until yesterday. I was subscribed to it on Hulu but I never got around to watching it. So since I didn't have anything to do or watch, I decide to see the Halloween episode and I thought it was pretty good. I laughed a lot and I have decided to watch the previous episodes and any future ones if I am going to be that entertained by the show.

As far as the cast, I was familiar with Chevy Chase because of his vacation movies (I love the Las Vegas one) and a few of the other actors because of other shows. I already liked the ones I knew so I knew I was probably going to laugh because of them. I wasn't too sure about everyone else because I hadn't seen their work before, but I thought they did pretty good.

And as far as being one of the best new shows on TV this fall, I guess it's a possibility. I don't think I've seen enough of it to adequately and properly judge it. So I'm going to reserve my thoughts on that until I see other episodes. Which I'll start doing as soon as I'm done watching season 2 and 3 of Dexter and get caught up on season 4. I hope the other episodes of Community are as good or better than the one I saw last night!

I like it. But, of course, I may be a little biased in my assessment because of my huge man-crush on Joel McHale. Anyway, as long as this doesn't make McHale quit The Soup, then I'm all for this show being a huge success.

I will say that it brings a huge breath of fresh air to NBC's Thursday comedy night. I like The Office, but I think Parks & Recreation is terrible while 30 Rock is one of the most overrated comedies ever made.

Awesome episode last night, incredibly witty just as the show has been in the past few weeks. The one thing that really makes this show so good is the cast, everyone from the stars of the show to every little bit character seems to be 100% spot on, I even don't mind the stereotypical chatty chubby black woman. Joel McHale sells the show though, the guy has comedic timing to die for. Throw in Chevy Chase (I'm a big Chevy mark; I ask you why the fuck you aren't) and we're golden.

Fun episode with Ahbed seemingly being able to predict the future while McHale joined the debate team in exchange for a parking spot. Seeing him lead the crowd into a singalong of "Evil Woman" was pretty badass. Just all around a great half hour (or 20+ minute) of comedy television last night.

Another solid episode of this funny new show which I can safely say is probably the best new show on television from this fall season. Joel McHale continues to show that he was a great choice for this show and is going places right now, and the supporting cast is solid enough that you really get a good mix of humor. Plus it has Chevy Chase, and as a reputable SNL nerd and longtime Chase fan that's reason alone for me to tune in to this show. I had quite the laugh when talking about his youth he mentions that he would spend his Friday nights "smoking a doobie, feel up a gal, and then get your teeth knocked out by a Republican" when discussing the rite of passage of getting punched in the face. The show also had a great guest starring spot by Anthony Michael Hall, who's always great.

Really dig this show. Great cast, clever writing, a thoroughly enjoyable 30 minutes (or 21+ for those of us with DVRs) of television.

I got to admit, I am becoming a fan of this show. At first I was a little put off by it and it really did not interest me, but as the season has progressed it has gotten continually funnier and funnier. The episode last night had me laughing so hard it was ridiculous. The Christmas brawl was one of the best things I have seen on tv in quite some time. Really good show and I hope it continues to impress me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back