• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cole full heel turn?

airvar

Pre-Show Stalwart
Last night Michael Cole was ripping Team WWE for making "a terrible mistake" by picking dainel bryan as the 7th man instead of the miz.. He even went so far as to say that it was Cena's fault for picking that "goofball", and he wasn't blaming bryan (Even though his dislike for him was made clear)...

Could Bryan costing the Miz his spot on Team WWE be the way WWE is turning Cole full heel?

Of course we will find out tonight, but I do like the way they are turning him. He became a "miz fan", and since then has been face for most match's, and pro-miz in any miz match.. Now that Cena & "Team WWE" screwed the miz, I could see this as the WWE using that to turn Cole full heel.. I think tonight you will see a Heel Michael Cole..

What are your thoughts? Do you think Cole is a heel for good now?

EDIT For Clarification:

This is not a "should cole turn full heel" thread, this is weather or not Cole Turned Heel last night for good, it seems to have been a slowly progressing turn, and I think last night was the straw that broke the camels back, I think Cole is heel for good.

EDIT 2 :

THIS IS NOT A SHOULD COLE TURN HEEL THREAD

This is DID Cole turn heel last night for good? Do you expect full on heel commentary tonight on Raw?

Last night he directly attacked John Cena and the rest of the Faces in the Team WWE vs Nexus match.. They have been playing this game for months with cole calling matchs as a heel only for Miz, and calling as a face for the rest, tonight seemed to be the breaking point.. Is cole a full on Heel at this point? Or will they still play this only heel when miz is around game?

Most heel turns are quickly done by some large act.. His heel turn has been very gradual, at this point is he a full on Heel commenator?

I sure hope he is. I love hearing him bitch at everyone, I find it priceless and very amusing to listen to.

I am actually very exctited for this nights RAW, I want to see where everything goes from last night. I think Cole will be full on heel, he plays it much better in my opinion. But, thats probably just me, as I always was a fan of Micheal Cole, since his days on Smackdown!.

No, your bound to see him say something against Team WWE for choosing Daniel Bryan!! I mena with the past history between the 2, why wouldn't he..I have noticed as of late, Cole has been biggin up heels, and he is like a heel commentator, kinda like The King was back in the late 90's early 00's..

And its good, because it makes you wanna just rip his heart out!!

As for the full heel turn, I wouldn't really say anything, it was purely because of his hate and rivalry with Bryan!!

Turning Cole heel would be a terrible idea, and it looks like WWE is planning on pulling the trigger.

I love heel color guys, but a heel play by play guy is a bad idea. The play by play guy is supposed to call the match. A heel pbp guy would lead to more conversation between the announcers and less emphasis on the in ring action. Play by play in wrestling has devolved into a mess of generic calls. No one knows the names of any moves anymore. Everything is a throw or a take down. The pbp guy has a responsibility to educate the fan so that the next generation is knowledgeable about the action.

Turning Cole heel would be a terrible idea, and it looks like WWE is planning on pulling the trigger.

I love heel color guys, but a heel play by play guy is a bad idea. The play by play guy is supposed to call the match. A heel pbp guy would lead to more conversation between the announcers and less emphasis on the in ring action. Play by play in wrestling has devolved into a mess of generic calls. No one knows the names of any moves anymore. Everything is a throw or a take down. The pbp guy has a responsibility to educate the fan so that the next generation is knowledgeable about the action.

To be honest, JR was a Face pbp guy and he still managed to call the moves and actually new what they were, of course though this is JR I am talking about.

Come on though people I believe we all know deep down why Cole is becoming heelish and more prone to say what he feels and not sit back and take shit anymore like he used too. It's simple he's getting his swagger on for when they finally announce him as the Raw GM, and it's likely he'll be more of a heel GM, but also likely a tweener GM. So all this feather ruffling and chest puffing from Cole is his way of gearing up for the big announcement.

I don’t actually know how I feel about a Michael Cole heel turn really. I guess it is all up in the air until it actually happens and then we will know if it was a mistake or not. By then, however, it may be a little too late and Cole could just be another generic heel announcer that loses all of the momentum that he seems to have generated right now.

The reason I am torn right now is because of the performances that he has been putting out recently. He uses all of the generic and clichéd announce tactics from years gone by and although they still work some of the time, he is coming across as instantly fake and I don’t think that turning him heel, into a role that he can’t really pull off on occasion is a bad idea from head to toe.

However, I would be lying if I told you that he is not starting to wind me up with all of these shots at Daniel Bryan and others. The lines that he spouts off every time we see him may be tired but they are hitting their mark most of the time with the casual fan and that is all that you can really ask of a heel. It irritates me because the lines really shouldn’t get to me but they do. Making him a heel would be a bad idea, I feel. However, as I have said, we wont know how successful (or otherwise) he is going to be in that role until it actually happens. Judging by what we have seen of him as a heel though, my hopes are low.

Why does he have to be a heel? I am enjoying the way he is now, where the people he likes isn't always face and the people he hates isn't always heel. He is announcing right now as a fan and I am loving some parts of it. Specifically the parts where he hates on Daniel Bryan. Why would he cheer for the guy now after the history the two have? Do people just expect Cole to forgive Bryan for attacking him and Bryan to forgive Cole for bashing him constantly. Cole finds him to be overrated and he is airing his feelings. Cole also finds The Miz to be the future of the WWE and airing those feelings as well. I don't want to see him as a face or a heel, just a fan.

No doubt, Michael Cole was in full heel mode last night at Summer Slam, and I liked it! He was unrelenting on Daniel Bryan, it was awesome, and he was complemented very nicely by Jerry as the voice of reason. I've never liked Michael Cole on the mic before, but last night he really made it work...I was almost disappointed at the end when he snapped back to his non-heel character and said "Vintage John Cena..", god I hate that "vintage"! It seems like the WWE rolled the dice on a couple new creative ideas last night, this Michael Cole heel turn was the one of the best.

Well to be honest, Cole can be as much heel as he wants or as much face as he wants. Fact remains that he is one of the worst announcers to listen to. As a face he had orgasms everytime Batista came out. Now he is doing the same with Miz and I don't know about you guys but he annoyed the hell out of me at Summerslam! At one point I started rooting for Bryan to eliminate the three remaining Nexus guys JUST to shut Cole up! He's the real black cloud on RAW and in the words of the American Dragon Michael Cole is a "poor man's replacement of JR"

LOL, I loved cole last night. He sounded like old Jerry Lawler. He pissed me off in the same way too! Matt Stryker and Jerry Lawler kept telling him to shut up in a way lol. I'm not sure if he turned heel or not. But I sure hope he did turn heel. His obsession with the MIz is also laughable. If he turns heel, then he'll become a whole lot more interesting in commentary.

Cole is actually better in this new found heel role. He actually is half way interesting. He needed a freshening up and this is a way to do it. He come of as a bit of a douche bag to begin with so this plays right into it.
I'm all for it. Honestly, what has Cole and WWE got to lose by trying it? Nada.

I personally find heel announcers to be quite entertaining because in most cases they rip on everyone. Remember when King was a heel announcer that was pretty funny to me. Cole does a great job being a heel announcer especially when he does NXT with Josh Matthews. I mean they sound like brothers arguing. When Cole rips on Daniel Bryan it is pretty entertaining because Bryan always proves Cole wrong making him look idiotic. So to answer your question yes I think Cole would be a good heel announcer and yes we will see him be a full heel when Bryan comes out.

Why did Cole all of a sudden become relevant? He's not good either face or heel. He just sucks out loud, period. He's annoying, he screws up, and he's trying too hard. The face announcer and heel announcer thing stopped working a long time ago and it doesn't work now cause nobody cares what they have to say, just call the damn match. The problem is he's getting to much mic time with the ppv's raw nxt and the whole general manager crap. The crowd just wants him to sit down and shut up. The only reason Cole was any good is cause he has a guy mask how terrible he is. This is why if I can, I mute the tv when watching raw. He's a douche bag that only has his job cause JR couldn't do it anymore

First off, i would LOVE WWE to turn Cole heel. I am sick of the two faced Cole they have. It is just dumb, either keep him face or turn him heel. As for Cole being the GM, i do NOT want that to happen for ONE reason. If he's the GM, whose going to be on the RAW announce team??????? Cole being the GM would mean, likely, Josh Matthews as the RAW play by play guy and that doesnt sound good. I think the GM should be someone whose either not in WWE now (like JBL) or someone that will surprise us, but i think the GM is Abraham Washington. Anyways, back to the topic. Michael Cole as a heel would be awesome. They can also make it to where King pushes him to be a heel by saying that, he's sick of being pushed around and picked on.

After constantly lurking I felt compelled to post on this topic.

#1: I think it's hilarious how anyone finds Michael Cole's garbage amusing. He wasn't being a heel, he was just bashing Daniel Bryan the entire way. He sounded like an angry teenage girl upset over her boyfriend dumping her. Michael Cole's job is to PUT OVER the talent. Now there's a heel version of it certainly, but Cole wasn't doing the heel version of putting over a talent. He wasn't being a good heel, he was being a bad announcer not doing his job. I also agree with the person who said a heel Play by Play announcer wouldn't work. I really miss JR.

#2: I think it's been such a long time since we've seen good performers in wrestling that people latch on to the first person that can go on the mic a little bit without really seeing whether the guy is worth a damn. I think this obsession with the Miz is shameful. He is not a star! He is not in the level of Jericho and Edge (who deserve to remain in the top tier and let The Miz swim around in the midcard to upper midcard) and he sure as hell isn't a Top draw like Cena, HHH, and the Undertaker nor will he ever be in that area. I got so damn bored listening to him pump himself up in his in ring promo last night!

#3: Isn't it awesome to see some guys on the roster who can flat out wrestle? I mean there's slim pickings now, but when Benoit and Guerrero was alive and in their prime in the WWE it was a really good thing. Now, we have Kaval, Bryan, and Bourne who can go in a wrestling ring! It's been lacking since the deaths of Guerrero and Benoit.

I do hope that Cole is officially a heel now. To be honest, I think it's really important to have a heel on the announcing team. If anyone remembers late 90's WCW you will know exactly what I am talking about. The team of Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Bobby Heenan is by far my least favorite commentating team ever because all 3 of them were faces and I found it so annoying how they kept praising people like Larry Zybyzko and and DDP.
I also find it annoying when face announcers talk like it's real and say things like "He should be arrested for that." But if a heel says the same thing about a face, it's hilarious. Like when Cole was saying he was going to press charges on Daniel Bryan, I laughed my head off. But when Jerry Lawler said that the Nexus was criminals, that was lame.

I really don't see the WWE turning Cole into a full fledge heel, but with that being said he gets more than enough heat to warrant such a turn. Last night didn't make me think they were going a different route with Cole as he was basically just doing his usual routine of verbally bashing Daniel Bryan. As well as his constant praising of The Miz. The only reason it seemed he was bashing Team WWE was only because they chose Bryan to be on their team over Miz, which in Cole's mind is the biggest atrocity ever.

However I will go on record and say I did notice more heel like jabs at face wrestler such as him saying it was plausible that Mysterio attacked Undertaker to benefit himself, among other things. If we see more of these jabs at face wrestlers I will being to think WWE are considering having Cole turn, but at the same time I don't think they will do that. I believe the only heel characteristic he'll keep will be praising The Miz and bashing the hell out of Daniel Bryan. Other than that I don't think Cole will dig much deeper into a more sinister character, but then again maybe he will. Only time will tell if Cole will lurk closer to the dark side.

Does it really matter? Does Cole truly need to be heel? Has he turned heel? I don't know, because I don't care.

Cole is just fine like he is, with his small insults here and there at Bryan Danielson, and only him. There's no need to work much more than that, and they can do that now, without Bryan having to be more focused in Cole, which I certainly hope won't be the deal.

Other than that, I don't really see it. I don't believe that Cole has turned heel, he just has some slightly tweener tendencies if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back