Cody Rhodes had asked for his release

Cody's released an extended statement on Twitter; very well written and poignant.

It's sad that the writers in a position many would dream of are so uninspired and so negligent towards their talent.

I wonder what Cody is doing right now. Will he be watching his friends and family tonight? Does he want nothing to do with wrestling at the moment? Maybe he is just catching up on Fuller House.

Why pick on Goldust when they've got Cody's wife, Eden? They'll give her a burping gimmick; every time she announces someone to the ring, she burps midway and embarrasses herself.

"SHE'S BURPING, MAGGLE!"
Now that you've posted this, my WZCW return gimmick is going to look like plagiarism. Thanks a lot!

Sucks to hear.. Cody proved many people wrong when he split from Legacy. Nobody thought he would make it at all and thought he would fizzle out shortly after the group disbanded.. He proved he can make anything work, he was booked with a lot of weird ass shit, but he somehow made it entertaining to watch.

On another forum I used to go on people saw him as a young Randy Orton. The feeling was though that he would need a manager to be taken seriously because of his lisp.

So in that regard I do think he proved a lot of people wrong.

I'm wouldn't call myself a fan of the guy but I don't dislike him either. I have no issue with him. It was pretty neat at the last show I went to watching the little kid in front of me with his Startdust gloves hold them up like Cody does to make the star. But the kid did it every time a wrestler came out. Then he was really really excited when Stardust came out.

Will red his statement but it's a things people have said before about the creative bein stagnant.

Always liked Cody Rhodes but truthfully I haven't cared much for the guy since WM27. That psychological damage story with Mysterio was a thing of beauty.

I think people forget just how strongly he was pushed. If he connected with the masses WWE would've rolled with him.

I have my reservations. He never really got a spotlight for a main stage, IC champ run was on Smackdown for the majority. Legacy was always in the shadow of Orton. Stardust was always bound to Goldust or given a mid-level status. What Rusev got per se, that was a push. Cody? Nah. Not the same goose.

13305166_611258219050743_2371718565968480152_o.jpg

While everyone does get an equal chance, not striking when the shit is hot is one thing WWE kinda sucks at at times..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back