• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk's Message To The IWC/WWE Fans

Hardinhoff

Occasional Pre-Show
Today on Twitter, CM Punk put WWE fans on notice with this statement:

"I think a lot of people are missing the point. Fans and coworkers alike. Walking out is a pussy move. There's a huge difference in what I did. I want change, and I can't change shit from my couch. I'm in the fox hole. I'm getting it done. I stayed to fight and I'm fighting for change. You can protest, violently or peacefully without actually showing up. Walking out isn't a solution...at least not one that I've ever seen work.

Hold 'em up. Make them change. Don't just walk out, or lay down. Fight. This goes for fans as well. Bored? Don't like @johncena ? Want more @ZackRyder ? Show up and be heard. Don't be a pussy and just tweet about it.

I want change, and I'll stand and fight for it even if I'm alone. Popular or unpopular, I could care less. Take your voting and shove it. Actions speaks louder than words. Except mine. My words are pretty awesome. No think about all that, and hopefully you'll get it. #fight"

This explosion from Mr. Punk personally caught my attention. Is this a ploy from WWE to garner ticket sales? Are these words truly from Punk himself? Thoughts?

It's CM punk playing his character to further it. Social media has been controlled by WWE as much as the performers since Raw started spending 20 minutes talking about Twitters.

He didnt see the blacks get freed. The only non violent fight that worked.

but i get what he means

I think we need to get VIOLENT

RIOT ALL!!

Come on, into the streets now!

Punk's role in this should be extremely awesome though as we delve further into what is a bunch, not one, of conspiracies

I don't know, I think Punk is right as the walk out in a matter of 3 days (Smackdown!) the whole walk out will be meaningless. Give Punk his pipe bomb then he can use his words as a weapon and actually prove something.

Walk out = stupid

Punk talking = AWESOME!

I guess you never learned about The Civil War....

I could see this being more than just furthering the character, while that's a part of it, I think Punk is sharing his heart on the matter.

This is a message to us all! if you dont like cena then lets beat him till death! 100 of us is to much for him then we will riot into the streets and take the town by storm. We will kill that towns goverment and say WE DID IT FOR CM PUNK ARE NEXT CHAMPION!!! then we die like men in a storm of gun fire provided by the state SWAT. WE did for the cause of punk.

hes saying scream your lungs out in a live show or RAW and what not and cheer for who u want to cheer for! ignoring the fact that 20 cena fans will scream over you making ur chant irrelevant :(

Is this a ploy from WWE to garner ticket sales? Are these words truly from Punk himself? Thoughts?

Everything that CM Punk does, says or types as part of his crusade for "change" and being the "voice of the voiceless" is all part of his character. He's not going to go off the reservation and genuinely go about insulting the entire WWE locker room. CM Punk isn't a stupid man and anybody that would genuinely say what he said without it being part of a storyline is literally asking to get fired.

Let's look at reality for a second. Is CM Punk someone that's been genuinely frustrated with WWE? The answer is yes. The actual reason for his frustration is because he hasn't, up until this summer, been one of THE guys in the WWE. CM Punk is a guy that believes he should be a main eventer. The 100% legitimate change that CM Punk has wanted to see in WWE is him headlining huge ppvs and wrestling for World Championships. That's what he wanted in order to resign with WWE and that's what WWE is giving him and he deserves it. Casting him as this rebellious, disgruntled employee is a brilliant angle and storyline to run with him. He's able to take parts of who he legitimately is and add it into the angle.

Much of what CM Punk has said appealed to the IWC especially. And the truth of the matter is that he & WWE are playing internet wrestling fans like a friggin' banjo and laughing all the way to the bank.

This is just a clever way of keeping Punk as the focus of this huge angle. It perfectly plays up his advocating for change and fits his character. I'll bet he will address this in a promo on SD or RAW in the upcoming week. I'm just surprized he didn't "protest" this injustice while the vote of confidence went down. Kinda makes him look like somewhat of a hypocrite for no being there in the crowd to speak up when it counted. Instead, now he'll look weak for not being in the middle of the issue. Another brilliant move to keep alot of top guys out of voicing their character's opinion. How is the vote of confidence considered legit if Cena, Orton and Punk weren't allowed to be ringside at the time. Those are the three biggest names in WWE now, so to have them absent from the main event was a bad move. I guess they were too busy taking a shower or something...

You guys do know that it is a business right? I don't think it's a matter of playing the fans or the iwc when we all know it's a storyline. When people start to feel like they are being"played" that's when they need stop watching. It's all entertainment. The man is is in character. Some of the posters here are soooo smart.....

If I can steal a line from Mikey Cole, this is "vintage Punk".

Some of you say that it looked bad that he wasn't ringside for the vote of confidence.. well, that twitter update explains why he wasn't there perfectly. He doesn't agree with it.

Not only is Punk a tremendous wrestler, he's also incredibly smart. He is the voice of the voiceless. Him posting that on twitter is him speaking for the IWC. He knew that us fans would find all the wrestlers walking out on HHH a weak move.

I expect him to drop verbal bombs on either Smackdown or RAW next week, and I can't wait.

Today on Twitter, CM Punk put WWE fans on notice with this statement:
Is this a ploy from WWE to garner ticket sales? Are these words truly from Punk himself? Thoughts?

Gee, what do you think? He talked about the superstars walking out as if it were for real. How much more obvious can it get?

Can't imagine the real CM Punk would be such a hypocrite. So walking out is a pussy move? Never mind that his breakthrough to true stardom came about when he walked out...

I don't understand the purpose of the walk out. The heels are the ones getting screwed. What are the faces complaining about? The refs bitching is annoying too. If the faces would stop being douches and unjustly screwing over heels, then the whole walk-out wouldn't have been needed. I know this is all kayfabe, but I'm just confused. I don't honestly understand why the faces would need to walk out.

I mean hell, when it comes to the announcers walking out, mainly JR, there's no conspiracy forcing Mark Henry to attack King and JR. So everything Jerry Lawler said to HHH made no sense. It would actually be logical if King would just get a steel chair and beat the shit out of Mark Henry with it instead of complaining about some conspiracy. The only true victims (in kayfabe) of the conspiracy are Miz and Truth, the other heels, and to some degree CM Punk. So this conspiracy seems to be pro-face with the exception of Punk.

but i get what he means

I think we need to get VIOLENT

RIOT ALL!!

Come on, into the streets now!

Punk's role in this should be extremely awesome though as we delve further into what is a bunch, not one, of conspiracies

I'm sorry that this will probably get taken as spam or flaming, but I just have to say this:

"He didnt see the blacks get freed. The only non violent fight that worked."

You really, really should have paid attention in History class. The black were freed from slavery with the end of the Civil War and the passing of the Reconstruction Amendments in the 1860's...about one hundred years before Martin Luther King Jr. led non-violent protests throughout the South. Also, MLK's non-violent protest was hardly the only one that ever worked. I mean, MLK got the idea from Mahatma Ghandi. I know this is all irrelevant to the topic, but if you're going to try and use historical facts to support your point, you really need to make sure that: 1) your facts are right; 2) you know all the facts.

As for the OP, I think this is through the WWE. They kind of take liberties on the Internet because not a lot of people usually will see it, so for Punk to use the word, "pussy," isn't a big deal. I'm sure this is probably going to come around on television. Not the Tweets, but his attitude. He'll use this to pick a side.

CM Punk's message is a strong one. I don't think this is a ploy, and it isn't from Punk himself either. He is in character. That post was him in his anti-hero face persona showing exactly how he would react onscreen to the roster walking out on Trips. Punk's been demanding changes and he would continue to do so instead of walking out like everyone did on Raw. Just wait and see, he will do a promo next week on how what cowards he thought everyone else was this week. He's out there every week fighting for things as small as getting the Ice Cream Bars back as well as the bigger picture changes he is wanting, whereas the roster thinks they will see change through something as cowardly as walking out? I agree with Punk here, they should have told Trips to his face how he felt due to that being a more powerful message compared to walking out which came off more as a weak thing to do. The entire roster against one guy? Pretty safe odds. There was no reason to have everyone walk out.

I guess you never learned about The Civil War....

I could see this being more than just furthering the character, while that's a part of it, I think Punk is sharing his heart on the matter.

Civil War my ass.

I know my history. The fact that it happened and they are freed is baffling on a level of realism until you see it was inevitably bound to NEED to happen and planned as such.

I'm not even gonna break that down to you because if you believe that the wars, all the wars that you learn about in history are real then you are already far gone.

I may seem like an ass to some of you, but I know what I'm talking about here. An opinion thread I'll give you, but not this.

Wars and your history etc, you dont know it, not the truth.

Come to think about it I was wrong, I'll admit that.

Every war was won non-violently

Civil War my ass.

I know my history. The fact that it happened and they are freed is baffling on a level of realism until you see it was inevitably bound to NEED to happen and planned as such.

I'm not even gonna break that down to you because if you believe that the wars, all the wars that you learn about in history are real then you are already far gone.

I may seem like an ass to some of you, but I know what I'm talking about here. An opinion thread I'll give you, but not this.

Wars and your history etc, you dont know it, not the truth.

Come to think about it I was wrong, I'll admit that.

Every war was won non-violently

Wow, you really think there's a conspiracy? I also love how you claim everything you say is factual, yet I see no examples to support you're claims. Sounds to me like you are talking in circles and straight out of your ass. Don't even try to pass that BS off as "real". Just another idiotic, biased opinion. Nothing more, nothing less...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back