• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk: Should he keep the Cult of Personality theme?

Which CM Punk theme do you like better?

• This Fire Burns

• Cult of Personality

Results are only viewable after voting.

sWo

Dark Match Jobber
( First time posting a thread here, so apologies if this is in the wrong spot. )

I watched RAW for the first time in quite a long time this last Monday. I've kept up with reviews and the like as much as possible, and have read all about CM Punk sling shotting himself to basically being the most talked about "sports entertainer" in the biz at the moment.

That being said, when this happened..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI5AJj4hJjs

for the first time in a long time...I marked out, I jumped out of my seat. I was never a big CM Punk fan before. However, this song..with what he has recently done...is perhaps the best fitting theme to a wrestler since Stone Cold's Glass Shatters imo.

If they truly intend to make this a mega push (and judging from the reaction of the crowd when both "champs" raised their belts, WWE would be incredibly wrong not to do this), CM Punk needs to keep THIS song as his theme. Certainly much better than This Fire Burns for his current "persona". At least, that's what I think.

What are the odds of them letting him keep this as his theme since (didn't know this before) he had this as his old ROH theme song?
Do you think this is the right theme for him, or do you find This Fire Burns to be better?

I dont think its a matter of should he keep the theme, its more of a how long will WWE be willing to pay the royalties for the song? Remember Undertaker's Johnny Cash theme? They gave it to him because I could easliy count on my hand the amount of times he actually came out with that theme. The theme was eventually replaced on the Wrestlemania DVD with the classic Undertaker theme. Just my personal thoughts on the song: I think its a little nice to be a WWE theme. Its too clear and not hardcore enough for someone like Punk. I'm sure he'll keep it until his next PPV match, but then its back to This Fire Burns.

I dont think its a matter of should he keep the theme, its more of a how long will WWE be willing to pay the royalties for the song? Remember Undertaker's Johnny Cash theme? They gave it to him because I could easliy count on my hand the amount of times he actually came out with that theme. The theme was eventually replaced on the Wrestlemania DVD with the classic Undertaker theme. Just my personal thoughts on the song: I think its a little nice to be a WWE theme. Its too clear and not hardcore enough for someone like Punk. I'm sure he'll keep it until his next PPV match, but then its back to This Fire Burns.

They did? I didn't see the DVD, and that sounds like a shame, his entrance being all the better for Ain't No Grave rather than his normal theme.

And I would think the royalties would run them the same as when they use This Fire Burns would it not? In all honesty, it just..really does fit better, though I can see how you can say it's not quite hardcore enough (it really isn't that type of song).

Yes. It has history as his ROH theme during the first Summer Of Punk, and it's also a really awesome song. The lyrics fit him perfectly.

No! Get rid of the brand spanking new titantron video too and go back to the old one. You got your damn shock value and wasted enough time on new graphics.

"This Fire Burns" is one of my favorites but "Cult of Personality" has connections with Punk's beginning rise to his current position in the WWE.

My guess, one of the contract negotiations of Punk coming back was he got to change him theme song. Plus, it fits him. Although I think Working Class Hero would have fit him a lot better, I like both. Plus it's a classic song.

I hate it. Punk should not be able to choose his own theme. We've got to have some other shitty Killswitch Engage song that we've been trying to pawn off on other people for months lying around somewhere...

Much better. I don't mind This Fire Burns, but it's never really given Punk the epic entrance he deserves.

You know what would be even better though? Once he turns face (and he will), switch his music to his best and most well known theme, Miseria Cantare by AFI.

They should totally fucking do that. Why not, they used an old Cash song for 'Taker and now this old Living Colour song, go all the way and do his REAL theme music man.

I just reckon the AFI theme would give Punk too long an entrance in WWE land. Who does he think he is? Undertaker? Randy Orton?

My first instinct after RAW was keep the old theme because it has a better hook but Cult of Personality is just too good of a fit to pass up.

Just as a guessed it, every comment on the Living Color: Cult of Personality video is pretty much a CM Punk comment.

You know what would be even better though? Once he turns face (and he will), switch his music to his best and most well known theme, Miseria Cantare by AFI.

Is Punk not already face? I'd consider him tweener at the very least.

I just reckon the AFI theme would give Punk too long an entrance in WWE land. Who does he think he is? Undertaker? Randy Orton?

From my brain to your keyboard, brother.

I say he should most definitely keep it. Reasons? It's an awesome song on it's own(I remember listening to it on my dad's Monsters Of Rock cd) and it fits hit perfectly. Just listen to the lyrics and you'll think they made the song for Punk personally. Not only that but it's something new and fresh that the fans seem to like, I love This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage but I think it's time for Cult Of Personality.

A) He's gonna keep it.

B) It's better than the last one. Nothing was wrong with "This fire Burns" but this one is kind of an iconic song and it has a genuine feeling to it.

C)I think he's a face by now. The entrance he made on Monday was a face one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back