Best wrestling theme song of all time?

stavros241000

stavros241000
So there's not really much to explain...Who had the greatest theme of all time?

There are many options such as Hulk Hogan 2002/1985/1997, Triple H 2001-, SCSA 1997, The Rock 2001, Kurt Angle WWE, Y2J, Ted DiBiase, Undertaker 2003, Kane, CM Punk 2012, Edge 2003/2006, etc. etc. etc.

However the one that I think is the best of all time is SHAWN MICHAELS (surprise surprise). Great interruption song, fun song, fitting song for his character. Mr. Wrestlemania is the best wrestler, might as well have the best theme song right?:) Anyway, who do you think? Why do you think that? I'd love to know.

this is a very tough question so ill give you a top 5.

Shawn Michaels - like you said. fit his character perfectly and well its just a fun song

Triple H - TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!! enough said

Edge - another great entrance song that fit him to perfection

The Hardy Boys / Jeff's first theme - every time that song came on the crowd would go nuts and frankly so would i

Y2J - with the count down and then break down the walls blaring. that always go me excitied

honorable mention goes to CM Punk. cult of personality fits him and his character great and is unique in an era that most wrestlers have random unknown rock music.

I'd say Ultimate Warrior. His theme complimented his character perfectly being really up beat. It got the fans really amped up then he would run out there with so much energy. It was perfect.

Demolition had the best theme. There was no other theme like it at the time and it really got the fans amped up. I believe their theme was a big part of the reason fans started cheeering them and they needed to do the double turn at the 1988 survivor series.

For me it's not even close. The Undertaker.

There are other great ones, of course. Edge. Flair. Savage. Road Warriors. Goldberg. Brock. Jericho. HHH (My Time, sorry Motorhead). And even Bryan's (although people seem to forget how maligned the remix was when it was introduced), but still Taker is head and shoulders above them.

Has to be Triple H's Time To Play The Game, that song established him as a star in my eyes. No song fits a character more perfectly than this Motorhead anthem. The only other entrance theme I would put in the same league would be Austin's. When you heard that glass shatter the roof would damn near explode.

im being serious with this comment, but I loved mavens theme i use to thing that guitar intro was insane!!

I'm shocked no one has said Stone Cold. Once you heard the glass shatter you knew it was time for business. His music hit and the fans were ready as ever. He might not have had a song you would want to listen to on your iPod but definitely the best entrance music.

My personal favorite is Goldberg's original WCW theme, Invasion. It fit the character so well. When the WWE changed it they dropped the ball on Goldberg before he even got started.

I was also a huge fan of the Hollywood Rock theme, the long when in his last heel run. It fit that character so well too. It was down tempo and reeked of cockiness. It had some sick guitar work in it too.

I also very much liked The Ultimate Warrior's Unstable. When you heard it, some shit was about to go down. I marked out hard as soon as the first riff hit.

But, the best of all time has to be Real American. There is no other entrance theme that instantly makes you think wrestling the way that song does.

I have so many favorites, it is difficult to even make a top five. As of this moment, I will go with CM Punk's. I have always loved that song and feel like it fits his character perfectly. I'm also a big fan of Jericho's, Triple H's (Both My Time, and Motorhead intro), Undertaker Ministry, Edge's, Evolutuion's, NWO Wolfpac's, Gangrel's, and that's just to mention a few. Also, I will post a video of an intro I loved, but everyone has seem to forget all about it.

[YOUTUBE]YqDeUb6UTEk[/YOUTUBE]

I`d have to say that in my opinion, the best wrestling theme song of all time would have to be, Time to Play the Game, by Motor Head for Triple H.

Like someone else said, this song fits The Game`s character like a glove. His entrance quickly became my favorite entrance with this song. It speaks about ruthlessness and dominance, and how to litterly play the game of life to be at the top. Triple H`s charac ter was always about being the top dog and out smarting the competition. For my money this was and still is the best theme song around. It fit his character, it was exciting and adrenaline pumping, and made The Games entrance legendary, like Undertakers death march anthem did for him. The best two entrances, but as far as the songs themselves go,Time to Play the Game is number 1. (IMO)

For crowd reaction it has to be Stone Cold. Like others have said when then glass broke it was a pop that was louder than anything I had ever heard.

I liked both of the Road Warrior entrances. Iron Man...you just heard that first not and you got chills. The second hearing Hawks "What a Rush" set the tone.

My personal fav of all time is HHH's Time to Play the Game. Just a bad ass song all together. I remember watching the return at MSG and hearing it played 3 or 4 times in a row.

Honerable Mention: Tazz is the WWE. Not one you hear very often but the heart beat and the flat line at the start and going to a great guitar riff and drum beat. Like someone else said, not one you would want to listen to on your ipod but it was a good entrance.

I love talking about theme songs! It is what makes wrestlers that much more special.

I'll have to give you a top 3 in no particular order (IMO)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - when you hear that glass shatter, it just does something to you. This theme is universal. Everybody knows when you hear that glass shatter, someone's gonna get their ass kicked! Not just that, but think about the reactions that he gets when that glass breaks. It's MASSIVE! There's one video on Youtube. I think it's called Biggest Stone Cold Pop or something like that. Anyway, when his music hits... the crowd goes straight ape shit! It's crazy!

nWo - Tell me I'm lying. Those random noises in the background (NEW WORLD ORDER, 4444 LIFE). Those Jimi Hendrix guitar riffs with a solid drum in the background. It's perfect! I remember when I was little, I HATED hearing that theme, because I knew they were gonna come out and jump one of my favorite wrestlers (Goldberg/The Rock). But now, it's the anthem!! I remember I was rocking out to it on Youtube, and one of the comments said he wanted it played at his wedding when he walks the aisle!

Gangrel - I know this isn't a popular choice, but hell, it's dope! You can't help but bob your head when that beat kicks in! I mean, it's gothic and vicious, but at the same time, it makes you wanna just bob your head and feel the beat! Plus, that random whispering at the beginning really sets the mood to make it even more gothic. I still can't really make out what they're saying, but it's dope. Even Gangrel himself bobs his head as comes out to that theme. It's just kickass!

I will do a top 3 for this one as there is so many.

Stone Cold - like everyone has said, when the glass shattered you knew something was going to happen. The crowd went crazy just at the sound.

Ric Flair - when Flair's music fit him to perfectly. The music made it sound as if a God was coming to the ring. It fit the robes, the glamour, and everything else that was The Nature Boy.

Real American - nothing makes me think of wrestling more than this song. The crowd went ballistic right at the start.

I wanted to agree with the poster that mentioned Gangrel's music. It definitely was kickass.

I'd have to say CM Punk's "This Fire Burns" by Killswitch Engage is by far the best theme of all time. It's loud, hype, inspiring and just plain good. My second choice would be Mankind's "Ode to Freud", a creepy theme that I love to listen to.

I honestly never liked CM Punk's first theme. I just couldn't get into it, and I find Cult of Personality a much better fit. Also, I forgot to mention Lita's theme. It is so badass! Chris Benoit's was great. I can go on and on... Too bad WWE themes these days aren't as unique and great as they once were.

It's more of a personal favourite than what I actually think is the best, but Enter Sandman by Metallica. That theme has some killer riffs, and the intro is absolutely solid as it would give the crowd a good amount of time to prepare themselves & get pumped up for The Sandman once he came out, and when he did the ECW fans would just pop like crazy. The lyrics are catchy too, so catchy that the crowd would sing every word during the entire entrance. In ECW, no entrance was more epic than Sandman coming out to this in the crowd, smoking a cigarette and bashing a beer can against his forehead as the crowd were going batshit insane and singing the entire song. RVD's Pantera theme or New Jack's Natural Born Killaz may give it a bit of a competition but they weren't on the same level. This song is not only perfect for Sandman's character but it would be a perfect fit for any other rebel type superstars like Stone Cold, HHH, Undertaker (in the American Badass gimmick) and more. Enter Sandman is pretty underrated, if it were used in the WWE or WCW, the song would be just as popular as Real American, Austin's theme, Flair's theme or any of the other themes mentioned in this thread.

HBK's, the Classic WrestleMania Theme from the late 80s/early 90s, Jake the Snake's theme thats on iTunes (Snake Bit), I really like Owen Hart's classic theme when he turned on Bret.

I would have to say the Hollywood Blonde's WCW theme...which I believe was later used again for Jake Roberts.[YOUTUBE]rX2VUWKvBCo[/YOUTUBE]

How am I seriously the 1st person to mention this song?:

[YOUTUBE]tCuVtuMlbR8[/YOUTUBE]

Goldust had, by far, the most epic entrance music of all time. The creepy ambiance mixed with that royal sound fits Dustin's character to a T. Close second comes to Goldberg with his hype-inducing buildup theme:

[YOUTUBE]zpbU1Rm6qjg[/YOUTUBE]

im being serious with this comment, but I loved mavens theme i use to thing that guitar intro was insane!!

No buddy, I share the same feelings as you towards the Maven theme.
Actually, it's the 2nd best song I've ever heard (1st is 'Night Fever by The Bee Gees) in my entire life, just because I used to listen to this theme on my mobile during early '11. There was a special person in my life. I was yet to meet Her at that time and the song really suited those circumstances.
It was nice to learn that someone else praises this beautiful song.

I luv these too,
Rockhouse(nWo)
Goldberg(wcw)
Cena's theme at WM24

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo