CM Punk Over Jericho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a report on WZ saying that Fozzy's tour status is undetermined and Jericho is scheduled for live shows after WM. With that being said do you think that CM Punk will go over Jericho or not. I personally think he will. I think they brought Jericho back for the sole purpose of putting Punk over.That's just what I think is going to happen. Jericho's stay in WWE is temporary regardless so I don't see them putting the strap on him for a short time. He's here as I've already stated, to put Punk over. What do you think?

His new contract allowed him to keep his outside projects. It was originally said to be a sticking point with negotiations.

He's not going anywhere

Much as I hate to admit it, I agree if they were going to put the belt on him at all I think they wouldve done it at EC with Punk winning the big match at mania. I can't see them making Punk lose it at the biggest PPv of the year when their obviously trying to build him next to cena and Orton as the 3rd face of the company.

Much as I hate to admit it, I agree if they were going to put the belt on him at all I think they wouldve done it at EC with Punk winning the big match at mania. I can't see them making Punk lose it at the biggest PPv of the year when their obviously trying to build him next to cena and Orton as the 3rd face of the company.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I thought they were gonna let Jericho win at EC and then let Punk go over at the biggest stage of them all. But that's not what happened so I don't see Jericho winning at WM to go over the younger guy.

Yeahh thats it, its kind of annoying as although he doesn't need it I would love to see Jericho have even another short run with the title, he deserves it and didn't get it on his last return either in spite of being back for a relatively long time. If he sticks around he could maybe win it at whatever PPV comes after mania and then drop it back to Punk at the next one, I still doubt it though.

What's with the notion that you HAVE to have the belt all the time to be built up as a huge face? For one thing, Punk's character works so much better when he's chasing the belt.

Cena is obviously a different beast, and he's already as huge as he's going to get, but he hasn't had the belt for most of the year.

Orton also hasn't held the belt much, albeit somewhat due to injuries.

That's my opinion, it's just archaic thinking that leads to stale stories when it's throw out that you have to or "need" to hold the strap to keep a push going.

Yeahh thats it, its kind of annoying as although he doesn't need it I would love to see Jericho have even another short run with the title, he deserves it and didn't get it on his last return either in spite of being back for a relatively long time. If he sticks around he could maybe win it at whatever PPV comes after mania and then drop it back to Punk at the next one, I still doubt it though.

Jericho is one of my all time favorites and I'd love to see him win it again but I don't see it being at WM but I'm like you I can see it happening after WM if he sticks around long enough.

What's with the notion that you HAVE to have the belt all the time to be built up as a huge face? For one thing, Punk's character works so much better when he's chasing the belt.

Cena is obviously a different beast, and he's already as huge as he's going to get, but he hasn't had the belt for most of the year.

Orton also hasn't held the belt much, albeit somewhat due to injuries.

That's my opinion, it's just archaic thinking that leads to stale stories when it's throw out that you have to or "need" to hold the strap to keep a push going.

No I completely ahgree with you, of course you don't need the bnelt to be a massive face and Punk's character is definently better when chasing the belt. If it was at any other PPV then I would think that Jericho would have a shot but ultimately its Wrestlemania with over 1 million buys predicted and Punk in manys eyes the new rising superstar of the company I highly doubt Vince is going to let Jericho a part-timer go over him, even if he is a phenomenal talent.

This match isn't even so much about the belt in any case its about proving who truly is the best wrestler in the world. Vince is unlikely to allow Punk's whole gimmick to be compromised by a superstar whos only going to stay for another few months tops. I'm not saying its impossible and believe me I'd love Jericho to go over, I just doubt itl happen.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I thought they were gonna let Jericho win at EC and then let Punk go over at the biggest stage of them all. But that's not what happened so I don't see Jericho winning at WM to go over the younger guy.

The plan was for Punk to always hold the belt til wrestlemania. So if anything, this fact makes what happens at WM more unpredictable.

I dont want to sound like a jerk but i dont really want to think about it like this. Everyone brings up good points and everything but it sucks that everytime we look at a match we look at the booking, what makes sense, who is doing what outside of the WWE and I think that hurts the match. You are watching wondering "well jericho cant win because he has a Fozzy tour" instead of "wow Punk and Jericho are great and the match could be great. Who will walk out of Mania with the title"
I am not saying its a stupid thread or anything because i understand why you brought this up but i just think that kind of thinking hurts wrestling.

I dont want to sound like a jerk but i dont really want to think about it like this. Everyone brings up good points and everything but it sucks that everytime we look at a match we look at the booking, what makes sense, who is doing what outside of the WWE and I think that hurts the match. You are watching wondering "well jericho cant win because he has a Fozzy tour" instead of "wow Punk and Jericho are great and the match could be great. Who will walk out of Mania with the title"
I am not saying its a stupid thread or anything because i understand why you brought this up but i just think that kind of thinking hurts wrestling.

You make a good point there. It'll be an awesome match that I can't wait to see because Punk and Jericho are both such great competitors. They really do deserve to be called "Best in the World"

Punk over Jericho.

Jericho has nothing to gain here. He won't be around that long. All this win will do is add one more tally to his Championship Win. If Punk wins, he looks stronger and more like the WWE Champion we need. Punk will be here for the long run.

I say the same thing about Cena going over Rock.

I hope they let Jericho go over here. Although I love Punk, he has had the belt for awhile. I hope after 'Mania Jericho decides to stay with the company for awhile even if it means working around his tour schedule. He only needs Mondays off and 1 Sunday a month. Not a big deal. I think this feud can last another PPV or two.

i actually could see Jericho winning here, holding the belt for two months, then losing it in 2 months.

Jericho doesn't need to win the title, but i think CM Punk needs his big mania moment to cement his place at the top. I agree that Jericho deserves another title run, but it's not like he's on his way out. He's still got plenty of years left in him, and i'm sure he'll have another title run in the future.

No I completely ahgree with you, of course you don't need the bnelt to be a massive face and Punk's character is definently better when chasing the belt. If it was at any other PPV then I would think that Jericho would have a shot but ultimately its Wrestlemania with over 1 million buys predicted and Punk in manys eyes the new rising superstar of the company I highly doubt Vince is going to let Jericho a part-timer go over him, even if he is a phenomenal talent.

This match isn't even so much about the belt in any case its about proving who truly is the best wrestler in the world. Vince is unlikely to allow Punk's whole gimmick to be compromised by a superstar whos only going to stay for another few months tops. I'm not saying its impossible and believe me I'd love Jericho to go over, I just doubt itl happen.

Gotcha...based on the storyline development from last week, I'd tend to agree with you. But it's a shame, because big picture over their career Jericho deserves that title of Best in the World over Punk imo (whatever it means anyway).

But I guess that's Jericho's call if ultimately he took the payday to allow Punk to run with that title over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back