CM Punk: NOT better than John Cena

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Found this posted somewhere else.

Word going around the WWE locker room is that the reason CM Punk lost the World Heavyweight Title last night is because of heat on him stemming from an incident on the recent European tour.

The story goes that there was in issue with how Punk was dressed and The Undertaker said tried to nicely tell Punk that he was the World Champion and was representing WWE overseas so he should dress better. Punk said something to the effect of "what about John Cena?"

This got back to WWE management and they took it as Punk thinking he was a bigger star than John Cena. Then the decision was made to take the belt off Punk at Hell in a Cell and put the match as the opener. It is noted by Dave Meltzer that this may not be exactly how the story went down but it's how it was told.

The problems with Punk and losing the title has been the talk of the SmackDown locker room for the past two days. As noted last night before the show, several on the SmackDown brand were under the impression that Undertaker was winning and he did. There are some who are wondering why Undertaker was given the title considering his limited schedule and health problems with the feeling that it was too soon to take the title off Punk.

Word is that WWE is planning on going with a Batista vs. Undertaker feud for the World Heavyweight Title.
:disappointed:

If Punk was asking a serious question than this is a dumbfuck move by the higher ups.

NAY. Dumbfuck move no matter what.

Sounds like Punk was using an example. I don't think it makes much sense for Punk to dress in a way that doesn't coincide with his character. Just like it doesn't with certain other wrestlers. A punk in a suit is an emo.

Punk in his all black suit, shirt, and tie that I saw him wearing at a couple HOF shows looks like a fucking vampire. Honestly.

Sounds like Punk was using an example. I don't think it makes much sense for Punk to dress in a way that doesn't coincide with his character. Just like it doesn't with certain other wrestlers. A punk in a suit is an emo.

Agreed. I swear, sometimes those guys are too fucking touchy about stuff. And Punk's championship feuds were the most refreshing things on WWE television for a while, considering that he's still considered 'new talent' or 'new blood.' Now what do we have to look forward to... oh, that's right... ANOTHER Batista vs. Taker feud. Gee, haven't seen that one before.

Does this look like a champion to you?

CM-Punk.jpg

Yeah... about that... did they just now realize Punk dresses like a loser? I mean even Taker worked shows Punk was on as champion last year. What took this situation so long to play out?

No kidding though, somebody should have the health unit take a good look at that hat of his...

CM_Punk_como_IC_Champion_en_Madrid,_Espa%C3%B1a.jpg

WWE officials are fucking idiots. What a load of horseshit.

I think it's funny that even the WON admits this is just a rumor, and yet everyone is criticizing the WWE.

Do you think, perhaps, that they just wanted to take the title off Punk?

I think it's funny that even the WON admits this is just a rumor, and yet everyone is criticizing the WWE.

Do you think, perhaps, that they just wanted to take the title off Punk?

I think I speak for all of us when I say that my comments stand IF these rumors are true. If they wanted to take the title off Punk just because, well, they wanted to take the title off Punk then so be it.

I don't see where the hissy fit is for him getting heat. He works for a company, they say what goes. If he doesn't like it he should go into business for himself. He is no where near the star John Cena is, nor did they mention John Cena when they approached him. WWE is a huge corporation. Do you know how the corporate structure works? I mean on a high level? It wasn't so much that he mentioned Cena's name, its that they approached him and he brought someone else into the equation. Why mention another worker when your boss is talking to you? Do you think these people are friends first then business partners 2nd? Get your minds right, this is a business, and what the heads of the company say goes. Plus a house hold name and legend like Taker comes up to you and tells you something, you listen. End of discussion.

Gee, remember the thread I started a couple of weeks back about how "CM Punk Ain't That Good". I feel a little vindicated right now because everyone was so high on the guy as if he is the messiah of the WWE and the cornerstone of the future. The guy is a glorified mid carder who is easily replaceable. As you can see WWE has no problem taking everything away from him for something so petty as attire. He was squashed by Taker like he should have been, that's a part of paying your dues. Now go feud with Morrison over the IC title where you belong.

I don't see where the hissy fit is for him getting heat. He works for a company, they say what goes. If he doesn't like it he should go into business for himself. He is no where near the star John Cena is, nor did they mention John Cena when they approached him. WWE is a huge corporation. Do you know how the corporate structure works? I mean on a high level? It wasn't so much that he mentioned Cena's name, its that they approached him and he brought someone else into the equation. Why mention another worker when your boss is talking to you? Do you think these people are friends first then business partners 2nd? Get your minds right, this is a business, and what the heads of the company say goes. Plus a house hold name and legend like Taker comes up to you and tells you something, you listen. End of discussion.

Gee, remember the thread I started a couple of weeks back about how "CM Punk Ain't That Good". I feel a little vindicated right now because everyone was so high on the guy as if he is the messiah of the WWE and the cornerstone of the future. The guy is a glorified mid carder who is easily replaceable. As you can see WWE has no problem taking everything away from him for something so petty as attire. He was squashed by Taker like he should have been, that's a part of paying your dues. Now go feud with Morrison over the IC title where you belong.

I was not aware that the Taker signed C.M. Punks checks.

This is just so .... F***ed up. I mean CM Punk just said "what about John Cena?" its a very valid argument, its not like he was saying anything insulting.

Further proof the WWE is so backwards when it comes to running and managing its employees. I myself work for a large corporation and what I have learned is that good upper managment and leadership means treat their employees well and allowing them to voice out their concerns. It just seems that in the WWE if you speak out and not a top star you are in trouble. These days most companies and most books about management professes the environment when employees should be empowered to voice out their concerns.

Ok CM Punk wasnt constructive but he pretty much gave an analogy that makes sense. The argument was that Punk is not a bigger star than Cena rather Punk and Cena are both world champions.

Oh regarding the spoiler of Undertaker's new challenger ... my reaction is "well there goes Smackdown! being the top brand", it was fun while it lasted.

Ok CM Punk wasnt constructive but he pretty much gave an analogy that makes sense. The argument was that Punk is not a bigger star than Cena rather Punk and Cena are both world champions.

Ok, so what you're saying is that the next time I don't agree with my boss I should say "FUCK YOU" because it's an analogy for "I don't agree with you"? Punk was insubordinate to a locker room leader and aired out dirty laundry in public when he should've spoken to Taker in private if he had an issue. However minor, Punk's actions were disrespectful towards a veteran and an obvious leader of the business that you don't ask questions to when they tell you to do something.

Like I said before, we're blowing this out of proportion. Punk's career is not over by any means. He's being tested. Now, he just needs to dust himself off and continue moving forward. He'll be fine, everyone.

While I dont agree with the decision to squah him if this rumor is true, is it to much to ask for ANY superstar to be dressed up and presentable, espically for a PPV?

I mean, doesn't this

cm_punk-114029edd.jpg

look better than this??

CM_Punk_at_the_Kingdom.jpg

It wasn't at a PPV, it was during a tour in Europe. He's dressed perfectly fucking fine, you think Triple H and John Cena go everywhere in suits and ties? Hell no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back