• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Sabin is the *NEW* TNA World Heavyweight Champion!

Sabin drops the title back to Bully at Hardcore Justice, which would set up Sabin using his rematch clause and a Triple Threat of Sabin/Bully/BFG Series Winner at BFG.

Daniels is too old and from having heard and read a lot of interviews of his I don't think the TNA World title or any World title for the matter is a goal of his, especially if him winning it were to keep a younger guy whose put in more years and came back from more adversities than he has like Sabin from winning the title.
The best time for Daniels to win the title was over a decade ago when he first got involved in TNA and was Main Eventing with Jarrett, y'know back when he was huge over because of his associations with Ring Of Honor. He's always been fantastic in the ring, but breaking up him and Kaz would be a crime.

Despite my reservations, I'm still holding out hope for Sabin. Even if TNA royally fucked up this weekend with their shows.

As much as I like Sabin, I think this is the weakest babyface underdog world champ I've seen in a long time. I know it's only a transition while the BFG series carry on but his title winning match against Bully was oh-hum... I can accept the whole match and jot it up to psychology and underdog storyline but its conclusion and, therefore, HOW Sabin won the title was god-awful. Barely anything happened to make him look strong (chop fest notwithstanding) or even remotely deserving. The babyface was Bully Ray's defenseless bitch for most of the match then he snuck in a hammer shot and pinned the champ. No flash, no substance, no glory, no excitement. Just a hammer shot after 15-20 minutes of being tortured and that's it.

Now, I think we all know that for somebody who missed the match and then tunes in to see Sabin holding the belt, his first reaction would be "Cool! Must have been an awesome match!", goes and watches the match and his new reaction would be "Huh? WTF!?" One can only very hesitantly put his faith in that new champion. Tweaking the finish somewhat could have made a big difference in your new underdog champion's image. But right now? Meh... I really like you Chris but...

what a god awful move by tna! This company is making one bad move after another. Who can buy into 5'8 140 lbs. Sabin as Champion of the comany? At least Aries is gold on the mike and is ripped.

I just don't get this company. The ratings are dropping and dropping. They have in there possession the best wrestler in the world Kurt Angle, give him the damn ball again. I heard in an interview that he wasn't thrilled with how the company has been using him. Don't pull somebody off the bench to let them quarterback the team when you are losing the game. WTF TNA!?

I believe they did this for a short term ratings increase. Last year when Aries won the title, the following Impact received good ratings. This move wreaks of desperation. It looked like they pulled this decision right out of their asses last minute. They were building up AJ and his new "calf killer" and the champ just happened to be 'calfzilla.' Couldn't they have had AJ win the X title and beat calfzilla tonight. The match would have been better. The build would have been better. The story going forward would have been better.

Sabin main-eventing BFG and possible Hogan vs Bully. Looks like I'll be saving $60 bucks. Geez.

So, instead of letting someone else run with the ball, and seeing if they can improve ratings, your solution is to let Styles and Angle main-event the shows, after they've PROVEN that they aren't helping the ratings?

You pull someone off the bench when you're losing the game because the guys who have been quarterbacking the game aren't scoring as many touchdowns these days.

As much as I like Sabin, I think this is the weakest babyface underdog world champ I've seen in a long time. I know it's only a transition while the BFG series carry on but his title winning match against Bully was oh-hum... I can accept the whole match and jot it up to psychology and underdog storyline but its conclusion and, therefore, HOW Sabin won the title was god-awful. Barely anything happened to make him look strong (chop fest notwithstanding) or even remotely deserving. The babyface was Bully Ray's defenseless bitch for most of the match then he snuck in a hammer shot and pinned the champ. No flash, no substance, no glory, no excitement. Just a hammer shot after 15-20 minutes of being tortured and that's it.

Now, I think we all know that for somebody who missed the match and then tunes in to see Sabin holding the belt, his first reaction would be "Cool! Must have been an awesome match!", goes and watches the match and his new reaction would be "Huh? WTF!?" One can only very hesitantly put his faith in that new champion. Tweaking the finish somewhat could have made a big difference in your new underdog champion's image. But right now? Meh... I really like you Chris but...

Okay, an alternative view... Bully was scared of Chris so went down the cheap shot line of (hopefully) exploiting a known potential weakness rather than going straight on man on man, strength versus strength. Despite doing this for a significant portent of the match, it still does't take the plucky challenger out and he mounts a comeback that, but for the referee bump, may have garnered him a clean victory. This comeback is sufficient enough that Bully's second in command tries to get the Champion the cheap heel victory by passing him the hammer but the Challenger is too smart and not only foils Ray by taking the hammer off him but but actually outsmarts him at his own game.

I think it's fair to say that a majority of people feel that Sabin drops the title back to Ray next week. After last night's episode of Impact Wrestling, it looks as though it's all but guaranteed. As part of a contract signing that TNA felt needed Brooke Hogan injected into for some reason, Aces & Eight have been banned from ringside and if Bully loses next week, he never gets another shot at the title. So yeah, the odds of TNA taking the best heel on their roster out of the main event picture permanently are extraordinarily slim. As a result, it's pretty much written in the stars that Ray gets the title back.

Can't say that I've been overly impressed with how Sabin has been booked, though I certainly can't say I'm surprised either. It hasn't been a worst case scenario level of booking, but TNA certainly hasn't made Sabin come off a feeling like a big deal while champion. He comes off more like he's Sting's "little buddy" than anything else. After next week, odds are that Sabin will be back in the X Division, probably after getting a rematch with Ray, or he'll disappear from TV altogether for a little while before coming back to go after the X Division Championship.

Wish they'd stop with the "loser can never wrestle for the title" type stipulations. They don't add suspense they just give away the outcome. I realize that they introduced this for Bully with reasoning behind it, but now any slight chance anyone thought Sabin had is gone. Think everyone was already predicting Bully gets the belt back, but now they're like well here's a stipulation to make it incredibly obvious, just in case anyone out there hadn't figured it out.

We're already running with AJ and his whole can't win the title for a year or whatever stipulation anyway.

I have been an avid reader of this blog for years but for this reason (Sabin ugh) and Dean Ambrose I felt strong enough to take the time to create an account, get my 10 posts in, and finally give you all something to talk about.

So Chris Sabin is Heavyweight Champion, what a terrible terrible move. The guy has no personality, looks like a 15 year old kid standing next to any real champ, and is just so far from over as you can see from the weaker than usual TNA crowd reaction.

I am a loyal TNA fan!! Love it! But Sabin just does not have the IT factor and IMO the only reason he's wearing the title is because he got hurt (twice) and Dixie Carter is a softy.

Any of these following guys would be a better choice in order again in my IMO to wear that belt.

Roode
Bully
Angle
Anderson
Storm ( why not )
Aires
AJ (I guess)

I think it's fair to say that a majority of people feel that Sabin drops the title back to Ray next week. After last night's episode of Impact Wrestling, it looks as though it's all but guaranteed. As part of a contract signing that TNA felt needed Brooke Hogan injected into for some reason, Aces & Eight have been banned from ringside and if Bully loses next week, he never gets another shot at the title. So yeah, the odds of TNA taking the best heel on their roster out of the main event picture permanently are extraordinarily slim. As a result, it's pretty much written in the stars that Ray gets the title back.

Can't say that I've been overly impressed with how Sabin has been booked, though I certainly can't say I'm surprised either. It hasn't been a worst case scenario level of booking, but TNA certainly hasn't made Sabin come off a feeling like a big deal while champion. He comes off more like he's Sting's "little buddy" than anything else. After next week, odds are that Sabin will be back in the X Division, probably after getting a rematch with Ray, or he'll disappear from TV altogether for a little while before coming back to go after the X Division Championship.

Sabin has been hurt by a few things, his comeback was rushed and his title win was seemingly presented in a way that protected bully ray rather than elevated sabin.

Also, it's obvious that sabin has lost a step and scaled back his offence. You can't blame the guy at all given the circumstances but to the casual fan that remembers him from the old x-division and the mcmg it is gonna make a big differance. His mic skills obviously can't carry him, at this point I hope that bully wins at hardcore justice by screwing sabin so it doesn't make him look bad but takes the title he clearly isn't ready to carry off him.

Sabin needs the now defunct tv title or a new mid-card title that isn't the x-division belt in a best case scenario...the x title needs to focus on new guys or people that can elevate it like petey or sonjay or kenny...but another mid-card title would fit sabin perfectly at this point..he deserves a belt, just not the one he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back