Chris Sabin Injured AGAIN!

SMKM

Occasional Pre-Show
Chris Sabin is apparently injured yet again.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/256365-dixie-carter-confirms-sabin-injury-jr-speaks-on-nxt-tapings

This is the second time he has torn his ACL. Not jumping on the guy but despite being know for as a high flyer maybe there's a time where you should stop taking high risks. I didn't watch TNA last night (wanted to because of the announced Ultimate X match) so I have no idea how he tore it, but seriously another tear and he could be done. Also any rumors of him jumping ship to WWE are probably done at this point, at least for now anyways. Thoughts?

It sucks to read about an injury like this; its nothing to play about. I'm not saying he should be considering retirement, but he was out for a good while the last time he was injured. All I can say is that he needs to take as much time as possible to make sure he heals the ACL right. For TNA, this is yet another blow to the X division.

This is bad news and good news for TNA Wrestling.

In one hand, you lose a guy that is indeed very talented and one of the top X-Division stars. But in the other hand you don't lose him to World Wrestling Entertainment for the time being... And I'm sure he would jump ship, he is being used as those random opponents that WWE uses for US or Intercontinental Championship Matches on TV. He is on that spot on TNA X-Division's rankings.

Sure he is great, but he is no Austin Aries. At least not this Chris Sabin, the 2006 Chris Sabin was, in my view, better, but right now it's not a big deal to lose him, I still feel sorry for the guy, after all it's his second injury, maybe he should reinvente himself inside the ring, he is great as an highflyer but with this injury they could even put it in storyline that Sabin is stepping away from all thoses career-threatning manouvers and became a different wrestler, maybe just maybe they will think about it when he returns.

This is bad news and good news for TNA Wrestling.

In one hand, you lose a guy that is indeed very talented and one of the top X-Division stars. But in the other hand you don't lose him to World Wrestling Entertainment for the time being... And I'm sure he would jump ship, he is being used as those random opponents that WWE uses for US or Intercontinental Championship Matches on TV. He is on that spot on TNA X-Division's rankings.

Sure he is great, but he is no Austin Aries. At least not this Chris Sabin, the 2006 Chris Sabin was, in my view, better, but right now it's not a big deal to lose him, I still feel sorry for the guy, after all it's his second injury, maybe he should reinvente himself inside the ring, he is great as an highflyer but with this injury they could even put it in storyline that Sabin is stepping away from all thoses career-threatning manouvers and became a different wrestler, maybe just maybe they will think about it when he returns.
He was out almost a year and has only been back a short time so there's no telling how they were going to use him really. They brought him in and in his last match against Aries that he lost he had a look of disdain on his face towards him. I think it's possible he was probably going to pick up the X-Division title at Destination X as he was the most likely choice since AA is moving out of the division to work with Roode.

Injuries suck, especially when you've injured the same thing in the past.

I'm going to laugh if this is an injury angle ran so that Sabin can quietly ask for his release and go to WWE.

This was his other knee, so I doubt retirement is in order. You can still be exciting and compelling without dropping 20 feet to the outside.

Sabin was always a favorite of mine, so I hope to see him back...IN TNA... in a short while for a loooong time.

This sucks. I was sure there was something really wrong on the show last night. It looked like Ion was lost in the corner. It's really too bad. I was hoping to see the MCMG in WWE soon... I hope he gets better.

This is really an unfortunate injury. I hate seeing stuff like this, especially since Chris Sabin was just out for an extended period of time with the same injury. It's going to be a long and hard road back for Sabin and this injury may have ended any chance at seeing the Motor City Machine Guns in the WWE (as was rumored). If I were in Sabin's position, I would take a long and hard look at my current career situation and evaluate if it's even worth it to try and wrestle again. This is the second injury of the sort and he's not getting any younger -- this will pose a problem for Sabin whenever he steps into the ring and maybe even in his regular life. Tough break.

From TNA's perspective, I don't see this as being much of a loss. Sabin was a solid hand and could always offer a great match, but he wasn't a centerpiece of the X Division -- he was never going to be back where he once was in the X Division. Plus, TNA has gone for extended periods of time without Sabin and hasn't had any issue before, so his absence shouldn't pose much of a problem. Sabin hadn't been relevant since before his first ACL injury, so TNA has already had to replace what he offers through younger wrestlers. So, while I wish Chris Sabin all the best and a speedy recovery, I think this is the end of his TNA tenure (despite what Dixie Carter posted on Twitter).

When he returns, they should book an ADR vs Chris Sabin Ironman match. First person to get injured loses.

Personally, without the Guns, Sabin would be not doing much on TNA anyways. He really doesn't do much for me so it's not a big loss in my mind.

It's like if Great Khali fell onto Hornswoggle and they both suffered career ending injuries. Actually, nothing would be as cool as that.

Lousy luck for Sabin. He just got back from the exact same injury. I agree that this is a situation in which Sabin should probably take a look at things and wonder if he should continue. If he does decide to come back, maybe he needs to think about altering his style. While he's still a young man, Sabin's put a LOT of miles on him due to his extremely fast paced, high risk style.

As shitty as this might sound, Sabin may have just done WWE a favor if the WWE was interested in bringing him in. With Sabin suffering the same injury that put him on the shelf for the best part of a year after only being back for a couple of months, WWE will certainly re-evaluate Sabin if they've had their sights on him.

I do think it's something of a loss for TNA because any company can always use talented wrestlers and Sabin has a lot of talent. At the same time, if they had no intention of using him any better than they used Alex Shelley, then they're certainly not losing anything with Sabin being back on the shelf in the grand scheme of things.

i think he is faking so he could get a release. If you look when he lands and grabs his leg, that leg never even touched the ground. Unless he hurt himself before and that just added to it.

This really is terrible. Sabin comes back from injury, finds his tag team spot gone because Shelly is jumping ship to WWE, and gets hurt again. It seems that every time we hear Sabin's name, it is connected to an injury report.

Not sure if retirement is on the horizan for him, but maybe TNA could toy with the announce team, and make, at least for the summer, Sabin part of the first hour announce team, or the gimmick of running the x division. This way, he might be hurt, but he stays on TV, and if the need to transition him away from the ring does need to be made, this would help groom him.

When he returns, they should book an ADR vs Chris Sabin Ironman match. First person to get injured loses.

Personally, without the Guns, Sabin would be not doing much on TNA anyways. He really doesn't do much for me so it's not a big loss in my mind.

It's like if Great Khali fell onto Hornswoggle and they both suffered career ending injuries. Actually, nothing would be as cool as that.

I was drinking my beer as I read the ADR vs Sabin I was like "what the fuck am I reading Del Rio sucks" then as the punchline hit I damn near spat out my drink!

Anyway this news really is unfortunate Sabin could've had another great run and break Lethal(Ithink)'s record of most X division title reigns. But I'm sure he'll do just that when he returns! All the best in your recovery Chris!

I really do miss seeing Sabin being in the ring. This guy can go and I was hoping now that Aries had done all he can do with the X belt that we could get a Sabin match on tv every so often. Feel really sorry for Sabin as he must be just devastated.

I hope he heals up soon and comes back strong...

Its a loss for TNA because they're definitely looking at moving Aries to the Heavyweight title picture. Sabin would have been a credible X-Division champion while they re-built the division. Now they're probably going to have to hold off on bringing Aries in to the main event picture.

I don't think it is the way that Sabin works that makes him so injury prone. He didn't do anything over the top in this match. Personally, it appeared to me that he was hurt during Aries' suicide dive onto him and Zima.

The problem with this is that from what I understand, it's an ACL tear in the other knee; even when these injuries heel, your ligaments aren't going to be as strong as they were prior to the tear. That's unfortunate, but that's how ligaments work. With weakened ligaments in both knees, he will have to tone down his style if nothing else, because there's really nothing else he can do. It sucks horribly that he experienced this injury, and the previous one.

If he gets surgery he'll be out for another 8 months at least which as his Current Contract ends in August so he'll be w/o a wrestling gig unless he re-signs. If I was him I would get healed up and check if the WWE still would want me if so sign on the dotted line. He's still got a music band w/ Alex Shelley and Petey Williams. Does everybody forget that Chris ain't the 1 man that has had both knee's reconstructed as Trips has had his done back in 2000 and 2006 retrospectively and has been wrestling off and on since as the same ol' Trips. I think by the end of 2013 he'll be in the WWE w/ Shelley as the WWE Tag Champs. I hope he has a safe recovery plus he would have to give up Smoking Weed if he went to The WWE as he's another Star who uses it.

I think it's a lie. I think this is a way for Sabin to leave TNA so him and and Alex Shelley can reform the motor city machine guns :worship: in the WWE. But this is a genuine problem with WWE's talent. They try to get TNA's and Ring Of Honor's talent because they don't have a lot of good talent themselves.

This really does suck for Sabin as he just got back from an injury. Seems like if he does come back again he should think about toning down his high flying moves. Still bad news that he is injured again.

Yeah I think Sabin needs to modify his style. He seems to get hurt quite often now and he needs to find a way to still be Chris Sabin while adjusting his style to a safer and less dangerous style

Read this last night and was heartbroken. What insanely bad luck, he comes back from a lengthy ACL tear in one leg only to tear his ACL in his other leg in his first match back...that's just cruel, is God mocking Sabin right now or something? This could very well be the end of Sabin in TNA to be honest, especially with Shelley gone. I can't imagine TNA giving him much of a push when he returns despite all he's done for the company, and I don't see Sabin wanting to stick around unless he finally gets elevated. He's probably too small for the WWE (though with rumors of that potential all cruiserweight show on the WWE network that could definitely change) but I'm sure ROH would take him back in a second and he could get Japanese bookings no sweat.

This kind of concerns me though for his future, health-wise. There's something clearly wrong when you're tearing your ACLs left and right with simple bumps that you used to be able to pull off without a second thought. Perhaps after all the years of wrestling such a high-impact style his body is finally telling him to slow down? Either way this is just incredibly sad news, not to mention ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back