Chris Paul vs Derrick Rose

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
After watching Chris Paul's great performance against the Lakers this afternoon it reminded me just how good he was before his knee injury last year. Don't get me wrong, CP3 is still an elite point guard but before the injury he was being thought of as the next Isiah Thomas. In the 07-08 season Paul averaged 21.1 points per game, 11.6 assists per game, 2.7 steals per game, and he shot 48.8% from the field. In the 08-09 season he averaged 22.8 ppg, 11 apg, 2.8 spg, and he shot 50.3% from the field. Those numbers compare very favorably with Rose's this year as he averaged 25 ppg, 7.7 apg, 1 spg, and shot 44.5% from the field.

Paul had a knee injury that he suffered in the 09-10 season that caused him to miss 37 games and even in some of the games he did play in he wasn't nearly 100%. This season even though he has played well he still was missing some of his quickness after the knee injury and wasn't quite fully back to himself. Even without being at his best Paul is still easily a better passer and defender then Rose at this point. Right now Rose is the better scorer but back 2-3 seasons ago Paul was right up there with him. He may have averaged a couple less points but he was shooting a higher percentage.

There is no guarantee that Paul will ever completely get back to his old self but if his performance tonight is any indication then that could very well happen. So when both are at 100% who ya got? CP3 or D Rose?

Chris Paul easily. Derrick Rose has improved tremendously this season but I don't like that he is their primary scorer. The Bulls are way too dependent on Rose and when he goes cold, the whole teams goes cold. Chris Paul is a great distributor of the basketball and can score when you most need him to as shown yesterday.

Reactions: TSG
I think the last couple playoff games Rose has had are showing that Paul is still probably the better of the two point guards. CP3 can always get his teammates involved if he is having a bad game shooting and he know that he doesn't necessarily need to jack up bad shots to try and get himself and the offense going. When Rose struggles shooting the ball the biggest part of his game is taken away. Paul is the superior passer and defender so he can always make an impact in some way.

Rose is a fantastic player, top 10 for sure. But if I'm picking between him and Paul, its Paul and its not really close. When healthy, Paul is the best PG in the league. He finds his teamates everywhere, play great defense and never seems to take a bad shot. This series against the Lakers has reminded everyone of just how good Paul is. He has helped this team stay with the 2 time defending champs without West. I'm picking Paul, and its more about what Paul does than what Rose doesn't.

If I had to pick between Rose and Paul I'm going to go with Paul and thats not a slight against Derrick Rose at all because he is a Great Player and a MVP caliber player every season and a top 10 player in the NBA but the reason I would pick Paul is because he would be a better fit for my team the Knicks, Paul is a better distributor then Derrick Rose and this series against Lakers he is averaging 25.5 PPG and 11.5 assists this series as shown that when Chris Paul is healthy he is a top Point Guard in the NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back