Chris Jericho would HATE SlyFox...

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
...because Sly is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Sly is stooping a low I didn't think he was capable of, resorting to the sad tactic of claiming people only vote for Big Van Vader because I want them to. It's the biggest crock of shit, and Sly should be ashamed. He's using a tactic used by 48.7 and Justinsayne to death.

What I have done with Vader on these boards is simply bringing lessor known facts, videos, etc. about Vader to light. It's no different from what Sly has done on these boards to battle the Hogan and Cena haters, and what Gelgarin has done with Lou Thesz, XFear with Terry Funk, and Tastycles with any number of great Mexican wrestlers.

Sly, stop being a hypocrite, you're better than that.

I have a sociology paper to do, but I've stopped to wait for this debate to continue. 'Tis highly entertaining.

Vader > Luger, it's that simple.

[Shameless Plug]BTW I made what I think is an awesome post in support for Mutah over Samoa Joe. If you haven't seen it you should check it out[/Shameless Plug]

I'd take it as a compliment if someone thought that a wrestler was getting tons of votes simply because of the stuff I've presented the posters here with. I understand Sly and 48.7 put that point across in a bit of a rude manner, but ultimately... you end up looking great for supposedly making people "swallow your kool-aid". Even if, as Shocky explained not too long ago, that Vader had a ton of love here before you showed up, you should still be proud that you're the one who gets credit for people believing Vader is unbeatable kayfabe terms, and he's one of the greatest workers of all time work-rate wise. That's impressive, lol. If I got credit for someone like Raven (which I cannot wait for his match against Edge, btw) or Taz to advance far, and from that point on if someone voted for them it'd be known as “swallowing jmt’s kool-aid”, shit I’d be stoke, lol.

:rolleyes:. I'm sorry, IrishCanadian25, but I just had to roll my eyes on this one. I think the world of you, but you can be quite underhanded yourself when it comes to debating people in this Tournament.

Vader > Luger, it's that simple.

[Shameless Plug]BTW I made what I think is an awesome post in support for Mutah over Samoa Joe. If you haven't seen it you should check it out[/Shameless Plug]

No love for my post on The Great Muta?

You're naive to think that no one who voted for Vader did it because you want them to. Although it is a very small percentage, say less than 5%.

I'd vote for Vader because IC wanted me to. I kid, I don't know enough about Luger to vote so I'll just leave it.

You're naive to think that no one who voted for Vader did it because you want them to. Although it is a very small percentage, say less than 5%.

That's all well and good. And jmt's points are well taken. But I didn't earn these facts for Leon White, I simply unearth them. The facts are there, just waiting to be communicated.

If two people vote for Vader because I want them to, there are two people out there who vote AGAINST Vader just to "take the piss." So it negates.

At the end of the day, Vader wins matches because of his in-ring accomplishments. Don't hate on me because I present it better than most, I use my college education to my advantage. But I didn't win a wrestling match for Leon White - he became the greatest SHW in wrestling history on his own.

tdigs said:
I'm sorry, IrishCanadian25, but I just had to roll my eyes on this one. I think the world of you, but you can be quite underhanded yourself when it comes to debating people in this Tournament.

Not sure why you are apologizing. But I'd love to know an example of said "underhanded tactics."

The whole point of the tournament is to bring people round to your way of thinking. I'm sure there have been plenty of people voting in Warrior vs. Orton based on what me and the Warrior guys like Becker, Miko and SavageTaker have said and what people like Justin and the pebble have said for Orton. That's kind of the point.

That being said, it's absolutely ridiculous to me that anyone votes for Vader because you do. If they vote because you put up a compelling argument, then fine.

Personally, 90% of the time I pick someone based on my own knowledge. With a few of the Japanese guys, I've waited for more knowlegeable people than I to step in and do their bit, before weighing up my own opinions with those presented.

I'd be happy if the people who went with Santo and Demon against true legends did so because I did, but I'd be happier if they read my arguments and then made a balanced decision, which I'm sure most posters worth their salt do do.

That's all well and good. And jmt's points are well taken. But I didn't earn these facts for Leon White, I simply unearth them. The facts are there, just waiting to be communicated.

If two people vote for Vader because I want them to, there are two people out there who vote AGAINST Vader just to "take the piss." So it negates.

At the end of the day, Vader wins matches because of his in-ring accomplishments. Don't hate on me because I present it better than most, I use my college education to my advantage. But I didn't win a wrestling match for Leon White - he became the greatest SHW in wrestling history on his own.

I was sat wondering who the hell Leon White was, until that last sentence, lol.

I still prefer Bam Bam Bigelow, to be honest.

And Becca, you needn't worry - Sociology isn't a real subject.

The whole point of the tournament is to bring people round to your way of thinking. I'm sure there have been plenty of people voting in Warrior vs. Orton based on what me and the Warrior guys like Becker, Miko and SavageTaker have said and what people like Justin and the pebble have said for Orton. That's kind of the point.

aww. . . . . . shucks

Hey...Stan Hansen nearly took down one of the biggest darlings in this Forum in Christian...and I know some of those votes were because of some educational points I made about the 'Bad Man from Borger'. If it had nothing to do with me, then that's even better.

...because Sly is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Sly is stooping a low I didn't think he was capable of, resorting to the sad tactic of claiming people only vote for Big Van Vader because I want them to. It's the biggest crock of shit, and Sly should be ashamed. He's using a tactic used by 48.7 and Justinsayne to death.

What I have done with Vader on these boards is simply bringing lessor known facts, videos, etc. about Vader to light. It's no different from what Sly has done on these boards to battle the Hogan and Cena haters, and what Gelgarin has done with Lou Thesz, XFear with Terry Funk, and Tastycles with any number of great Mexican wrestlers.

Sly, stop being a hypocrite, you're better than that.
No, IC, there is a MAJOR difference between what I did for Hogan and Cena and what you did for Vader.

Hogan and Cena are WORTHY of the heaps of praise that are sometimes bestowed upon them. They've done things to warrant that praise. Vader was a very good worker, no doubt, but to win against the Total Package Lex Luger 75% to 25% is an absolute joke. If not for your constant shameless plugs for Vader, then that match would be MUCH closer in terms of votes...heck, they wouldn't even be matched up right now, because Vader wouldn't have a 4 seed. Hell, the fact that Vader DOES have a 4 seed should be enough proof to you that your constant politicking for him makes people vote for him. Stan Hansen is a 22 seed, Bruiser Brody is a 20 seed and even Andre the Giant is a 5 seed...and Vader a 4. Hansen and Brody were both twice the worker and three times more accomplished than Vader, and I don't think we really need to get into Andre's credentials, do we?

If you TRULY think people who vote for Vader don't do it in part because of you, then you are truly naive. And Chris Jericho would hate you more than he would hate me.

At the end of the day, Vader wins matches because of his in-ring accomplishments.
No he doesn't, what is this excrement spewing from your mouth? If "in-ring accomplishments" were why people win matches in the WZ Tournament, then guys like Stan Hansen, Greg Valentine, Barry Windham, Carlos Colon, Bruiser Brody, etc. would still be in.

He wins because of your incessant man-crush for him.

I am going to express myself here.

I think it is bullshit that people say people vote for Vader just because IC does. If that is the only excuse people can come up with than that is Sad. I support Vader because i truly believe that he can defeat Lex Luger in a match. And i stated my reasons. None of those reasons where because IC supports him. Now I made my case why Vader should take the win. If someone can come up with a really good case for Lex Luger and no one can say anything to counter that, then odds are that i will be swayed in that direction because it would truly mean something if you make a really, really good case and no one can counter it.

Now this would be very different if it were a star from Japan or Mexico, or any other international star that i dont know either much about or anything about. I might be able to lets say vote for one of the Mexican guys that Tastycle supports, but not because Tastycles or anyone else is supporting them, i would vote for them because they might have presented a really good argument for that superstar that either was not countered with anything from anyone else, or if there was an opposing argument it probably wasnt very good and that is why i voted for the star that i voted for.

I'm just saying, Vader made it to round 4 in year one before he lost somehow to Triple H in an Ultimate Submission Match. Vader is a big bad mother fucker, a 12 time by my counts former world Champion. Not very many people have won world titles on 3 continents and in 5 countries. Vader is an impressive beast world wide.

I'm still weighing my vote in there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back