• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho "The Best in the World" ???

Sorry if I'm don't write in english as well as you do, but that's the only I'm sorry about my post.

Of course I know why Jericho wears his suit. It makes a lot of sense to him to do it, its him portraying a character, and that's alright.

I think Cena is better with the mic because he makes you think as a company man as he is just like Jericho is also, he tries to portray the nice guy that fears nothing and works harder everyday trying to beat "the bad guys", just look at his promo work with Triple H heading to Wrestlemania 22, or with JBL, he even made JBL look like credible in all that.

I agree with you when you say that Jericho is one of the smartest persons in the WWE, but that doesn't say anything when 2/3 of the roster can't even say a sentence.

Because he is so smart I think he could and should do better. I understand what he is doing, he is alright, but he can be so much better.

And yes, all the WWE roster sucks in promos. Because they CAN do a lot better than they do. They don't try hard enough. Jericho, Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and list goes on can be great on the mic, but they can be much better than this, Jericho is smart enough to know that. He writes his own stuff, that's great.

The D-Man, I'm not bashing you for giving me red-reputation, I don't care about that. I'm just trying to make a point, just like you did.

I respect your opinion. But I don't like when people say that I don't know what I'm talking about. You received red-reputation because most of the IWC can agree that Cena cannot hold a candle to Jericho in terms of microphone skill. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watch more wrestling prior to the year 2005. I've been watching since 1984.

I understand what Cena is trying to do in his promos, but it doesn't come across clearly all the time. He makes it hard to believe he's tough when he's constantly joking around with his opponents. It's almost as if he's trying to be like The Rock, but he's falling miserably short.

I disagree with your statement that insults the intelligence of the WWE roster. How do you know they can't "say a sentence"? Like I mentioned in my previous post, their promos and on-camera personas are written by someone else. Let's face it... not many WWE superstars are good actors. But that doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. That's a bold statement to make, considering that we don't actually know how intelligent the other members of the roster truly are.

And how much better can Jericho do? I think his persona is 100% cutting edge. Let's look at some garden-variety characters in the WWE for a minute... most of them are either:

1. Tough guys that shake, yell, and threaten their opponents a lot.
2. Happy-go-lucky stars that sing, dance, and give away pieces of their clothing to the audience.
3. Completely weird, comic book, gimmick-filled characters.

Jericho is none of these. He is someone that chooses to be soft-spoken and more intelligent than you or me. This is cutting edge. It doesn't get much better.

And the remainder of the roster is only as bad as their writers. They aren't able to speak from their own hearts or minds. They read promos off paper, memorize them, and recite them in front of a camera. If you think it's so bad, why don't you try it sometime. Take it from me... it's not as easy as it looks.

Cutting a promo is an art form that can only be possessed by a gifted superstar. Wrestlers with the "gift of the gab" like the Rock or Chris Jericho come around once or twice a decade. Cena may fall into that bracket in the future, but he's not quite there yet.

He's the complete package. Excels at promos,wrestling, audience interaction,ect.
The man is a great villian that you love to hate but still respect. His promo a few weeks ago about Edge being the weak link and the comparsion to Achillies..Fucking brillant cerebal gold!!! And when Mark Henry came out and he had his arm around Jericho, Chris's facial expressions had me pissing my pants.. Funny stuff without being a comedy wrestler. I think his best trait is that he potrays a villain who doesn't have to be a huge,screaming moron or a pretty boy asshole. He's a heel's heel. Others should take notes...
When have you ever changed the channel when Jericho was on? I say never. One of the few reasons to watch WWE these days. He doesn't insult your intelligence.

I agree..At this moment..Best in the world!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back