• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho Short Term Ideas

bk555

Olympic Gold Medalist
As we all know, Jericho has returned to put on two fantastic matches at PPV's with CM Punk. But, now with Punk facing Bryan at Over the Limit, the question now remains. What will happen to Chris Jericho?

I say you have to put him in a meaningful program. Don;t just neglect him or put him in a BS feud with some random face. Let him face Randy Orton, after all there is some back story there since Orton "sidelined" Jericho in 2010.

This feud will act as a transition for both men into their potential summerslam feuds. Orton will reportedly face Brock Lesnar and Jericho should ultimately go for John Cena since it makes the most sense.

I can see an Orton feud coming, though I doubt that would turn out too well for Jericho. I think Big Show is another possible opponent. After Over the Limit, Show will be done with Rhodes. This leaves him looking for a feud and WWE has a history of putting former tag teams in feuds (see Miz vs Morrison, Edge vs Jericho). I don't really like it but Y2J vs Show is a very real possibility.
Though I doubt this will happen, I would like to see Jericho team up with Mark Henry or Lord Tensai. Consider this: Jericho is made for the main event but he has looked very weak, losing at every PPV since his return. Why not go all the way with the "cheap heel that can't win on his own" character and have him use a big guy (Henry or Tensai) to stay at the top. Jericho would draw heat on the mic and by being a chickenshit in the ring. The other guy would look strong and Jericho could help get him over as a character.

Since Jericho will be leaving in the Summer, I was thinking have he help rebuild a low card guy on his way out. Put him in an actual feud against someone like Zack Ryder or Alex Riley. Build these guys up so that you don't need to have the main event guys from SmackDown constantly coming over.

I think Jericho will likely be "fed" to Lesnar in the next few weeks to explain his absence... Alternatively I think he should team with Otunga for a bit, they could be a good feud for Kofi and Truth and Jericho can help tutor Otunga before he heads off for his tour.

We all know jericho will be leaving soon to tour. But i have read when hes done with the tour hes coming back full time which idk how long that will be.

Does anyone think to have jericho start to fued with the undertaker to have a match at wm, i think that would be a huge match, and it this point in jerichos career he has does everything worked for every big company, won all the titles, winning a title now just doesnt make sence to me anyway its time for the young guys to shine now.

So what does he have left, the streak, and i for one think that would be a huge match.

I would go with the idea of letting Y2J put over Orton before he leaves. Let Randy go over Jericho in a looser leaves company type of match. This would put Orton in a position to fight for the title and position him back at the top of Smackdown.

Now when Wade Barrett returns and wins MITB we easily transition back to Barrett vs Orton, but now the belt is on the line.

OT: During Jericho's presumed next run with the company, I would like to see him feud with Barrett. I can see a good master vs student story with these two. It would be a good way to get Barrett over if Jericho were to be face during the feud.

There are many options for Y2J.

Sheamus - there is the potential for a world title feud with sheamus throughout the summer. It would allow Y2J to stay relevant in the main event and give Sheamus a big name feud.

Orton- Has the potential to be a feud of the decade. Really does. Love both of these guys and would love if this was for a championship but it does not need one.

Cena- I feel this is the most likely. Cena may have a short feud with Tensai and Johnny but that can't last too long. Therefore he must move on a y2j is the obvious choice. There is old chemistry and these two are big stars who could have a great feud with Jericho doing Johnny's bidding.

A face turn for the Miz or Ziggler. The mic work would be good on both parts. He is already on raw, Orton is in a feud with Kane, and honestly, he kind of bores me on the mic. Use Jericho to show change. Or even a Heel/heel feud with Ziggler would be entertaining and fun, and it could get him away from Vickie so she can be with someone new who can benefit more.

He hasn't really set the world alight since returning has he ? After his promos promised so much, he ended up losing at every PPV he's competed in. Still an incredible wrestler though, and he can be used to put over one of the up and comers or go against one of the big guys. Would personally like to see Jericho/Cena but it seems Cena is occupied with Johnny.

I don't think they should take Chris Jericho out of the world title picture. If it was up to me i would add Chris Jericho to CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan and have a Triple Threat. It would add some excitement because a Triple Threat match is more "unpredictable". We have seen both Jericho and Bryan face CM Punk multiple times so making it different from their previous one on one matches. To me this would be the best way to go. It would be all three wrestlers who have claimed to be the best at one time or another. It could also be set up for Jericho's absence. Let them have a great match where Punk is about to get the win over Jericho for Daniel Bryan to capitalize and get the win over Punk. Then Daniel leaves chanting "Yes!" as the new WWE Champion and let CM Punk take out all his frustrations on Jericho, "injuring" him and taking him out for a while.

I'm tired of loser leaves the company matches. Please no. Set up Jericho with an injury or something that will help his comeback next year or something.

I would like to see Jericho does something before he leaves, but I have no idea where they would put him. Throwing him in the Punk and Dbry feud would be an alright move as long as it doesn't last forever because we all wanna see a clean win by one of these guys on more than one occasion. He could help put over someone before he leaves, not sure who though. Jericho kind of lost all his steam for this return so I'm not sure what they can even do with him. A short feud with Orton would be cool just to keep Orton busy until Lesnar vs Orton happens, but we will see.

If you want to see him leave in a different way to what he's already done then have him win the Intercontiental championship around Summer Slam have him on RAW announce he's retiring as the greatest IC Champion of all time.... this allows Cody to move on, WWE set up a one night 8 man IC tournament on either RAW or SD-LIVE, and everyone knows guys retire and return so this allows for Jericho to return next year for his big comeback...

I just cant take Jericho serious , he comeback with the whole "end the world as we know it gimmick" which didnt suit him imo and hasnt won once in any of his big matches :s also knowing that he is leaving soon to go back on tour with his band shows that he has no reason to comeback what so ever except the money of course! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back