Chris Benoits Best Match Ever!!

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
We all knew he was great in the ring, one of the most popular, respected and gifted technical wrestlers in history.. Worked for several promotions in his career.. He held over 30 championships aswell..

From any promotion, What would you say was his greatest match ever??

I would have to pick.. vs HHH vs HBK at WrestleMania XX.. This was his biggest achievement ever!! This was the night he had been waiting for his career, every wrestler dreams about perfmoring at the grandest stage of em all, but winning the big gold belt aswell, it was just amazing!!! The ending speaks for itself!!

Honourable Mentions

Starrcade 1999 vs Jeff Jarrett (Ladder Match)
Royal Rumble 2001 vs Chris Jericho (Ladder Match)
Royal Rumble 2003 vs Kurt Angle
Too many to mention e.g. Any match with Angle, best of series vs Booker T etc..

For me at least, the conversation of Benoit's best match ever begins and ends at Wrestlemania XX in the Triple Threat with Triple H and Shawn Michaels for the World Heavyweight Championship.

This match is proof that Triple Threats can be done well, nay, perfectly. Every man had a legitimate chance to win this match and I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Every time someone kicked out my hands went to my head in awe, and every time Benoit teased, or even locked in the Crossface, my heart jumped at the chance of someone tapping out, and someone did. When Triple H tapped out to the Crossface my arms flew up in the air as one of my favorites won the match in spectacular fashion.

This is not only Benoit's best match, but one of the best matches I've ever seen.

Chris Benoit's favorite match to me was either the best of 7 series with Booker T in WCW.. The wwe one wasn't too bad either, but the original was the best. I also have always liked the Falls Count Anywhere match vs Kevin Sullivan at Bash at the Beach. That match just always gets overlooked because it was the same night of the nWo formation. To me it showed how extreme yet technical wrestling skills and it didn't hurt that the two legit hated each other, made for an entertaining match. Overall though there are many great matches of his career.. If you don't own his DVD from WWE you should look for it online and get it.. it's def worth the money.

Everybody remembers Chris Benoit in WCW and WWF/E as being his best match. And true, his matches were 5 stars there too. Such as
vs Bret Hart
vs Chris Jericho Ladder Match
with Chris Jericho vs Triple H And Stone Cold
with Kurt Angle vs Edge and Rey Mysterio
vs Kurt Angle
vs HHH vs HBK

All those were 5* matches in my opinion. But I hope you also remember the match that made him one of the biggest wrestlers in the world. In New Japan Pro Wrestling, he wrestled The Great Sasuke in a J Cup Finals match. ***SPOILER*** Chris Benoit, also known as The Wild Pegasus, won that match. Everybody in Japan though Wild Pegasus was some loser from America, but he proved them wrong. In a awesome match, he defeated the biggest wrestler in their company (With Jushin Liger), and he was the first ever J Cup winner. That match was a classic. Definitely my favourate.

I loved the Wrestlemania XX Triple Threat Match, it set the standard for Triple Threat matches for me. Unfortunately, the standard is so high, none of the performers today, except maybe Angle, could come close to such an epic match.

Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels (Raw 3.5.04)
This one slightly edges their Raw match from February of the same year, a near 25 minute title match on TV is rare, two guys at the top of the game in a match that had everything and was very different to their previous match, showing how each had learned from the previous encounter and both broke out moves they hadn't used in a while in order to get an advantage.

Special mention to the triple threat at WMXX, the Rumble 03 match with Angle and the SD match with Brock in December 03.

chris benoit vs. kurt angle at the royal rumble 2003, so many close pins falls or submission moves that i had no idea who was going to win, benoit was so close winning his first wwe championship. I'm so glad he finally did reach his dream the next year at WMXX. i will always miss him and it hurts so much what happen at the end. he was so nice when i met him days before the 2nd triple-threat match at backlash 2004 in my hometown of edmonton, AB, Canada!!!

I'd have to go with the match V Bret Hart on Nitro commonly known as the Owen Hart Tribute Match. No gimmicks, no bullshit, just two of the very best technical wrestlers going at it. Charged with emotion and a great finish and post-match, it's one I watch regularly.

Benoit always put on a good match. He really could mix it. He was as intense as they come physically and technically he has to be up there as one of the best ever. For me, the Rumble ladder match was my favourite. It was in the era that I started to find my love for wrestling again (after a few years non-watching, not through choice I hasten to add) and him and Jericho in the ring together were always dynamite. Throw the IC title into the fold then it gave their already 5* matches a little extra sparkle.

Chris benoit vs stone cold at smackdown in edmonton in benoit home town for the title. austin was a heel at the time and chris was a face. It was sucha intense match to watch live i remember benoit gave austin 10 german suplex in a row i dont know how austin took those with his bad neck but he did, came so close to winning, but somehow austin pulled it off..

In New Japan Pro Wrestling, he wrestled The Great Sasuke in a J Cup Finals match. ***SPOILER*** Chris Benoit, also known as The Wild Pegasus, won that match. Everybody in Japan though Wild Pegasus was some loser from America, but he proved them wrong.
Dude what are you talking about ? When this match took place Benoit as Wild Pegasus had been wrestling for New Japan for over 4 years and was a former IWGP Jr. champion ! He was a star for New Japan at that time (lol).

For me I gotta go with 2 matches:

Benoit(as the Pegasus Kid) vs Jushin Liger for the IWGP Jr title match on 8-19-90 or the match with Kurt from the Royal Rumble on 1-19-03. I'll give the slight edge to the Rumble match as I loved watching 2 great workers going hold for hold and move for move ! Classic stuff !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back