• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Benoit....you really pissed me off

Twiztid Rodimus

Pre-Show Stalwart
Honestly, I know alot of people were a fan of his, but Im speaking about myself.

Benoit, from 94 japan through to wwe, through to the end of his life, was my favorite wrestler. He could do no wrong. His style, his promos, everything about him was the best in the buisness, and the best I had ever seen.

Im 28, and his dvd was on LOOP in my house when it came out. And then he did what he did. That pisses me off, and has ripped ALOT of enjoyment of this sport from me.

And I truly wish he wouldn't have. It sounds stupid. Im not a child, nor am I the ''Its still real to me'' guy, I was just the biggest Benoit fan I knew, and if he did what he did, It really just pisses me off.

If he didn't, then its a shame.

I don't mean to bring up a bad situation, but f**k all this pisses me off to this day. I can't even watch his matches the same anymore, and it is such a waste

Feel you bro, but he's dead and life must go on. If it makes you feel any better I don't believe anybody can sanely do something like that to their family. It takes a certain kind of darkness in a person to crack like that. I don't think Chris was in full control of his actions; the autopsy on his brain shows the damage done and I don't believe he could of been in his right mind.

Remember the Wrestlemania 20 Benoit who stole your heart, not the man who was driven into insanity by medical conditions.

slowpoke_pokemon.gif

Anyways, how the hell do you know if he did it or not. Last time I checked, police weren't even 100% confident on the motive, and just because they found a suicide note..doesn't mean it was written by Chris. I think Morrison did it...he wanted that ECW title reign so badly, he just had to kill Benoit and his family...freaking bastard. To this day, every time I see John Morrison on my TV, I turn it off.

I hate it when people make excuses for him when they would condemn pretty much anyone else who did the same exact thing.

Just because he was a wrestler and got a few concussions doesn't change the facts.

The fact that some people still think there's an "if" about whether or not he did it is pretty funny too.

I hate it when people make excuses for him when they would condemn pretty much anyone else who did the same exact thing.

Just because he was a wrestler and got a few concussions doesn't change the facts.

The fact that some people still think there's an "if" about whether or not he did it is pretty funny too.

You are right, the fact that his brain looked like that of a 90-year old man's has nothing to do with his state of mind. :shrug:

slowpoke_pokemon.gif

Anyways, how the hell do you know if he did it or not. Last time I checked, police weren't even 100% confident on the motive, and just because they found a suicide note..doesn't mean it was written by Chris. I think Morrison did it...he wanted that ECW title reign so badly, he just had to kill Benoit and his family...freaking bastard. To this day, every time I see John Morrison on my TV, I turn it off.
I swear to God that I made this thread already.

Honestly, I know alot of people were a fan of his, but Im speaking about myself.

Benoit, from 94 japan through to wwe, through to the end of his life, was my favorite wrestler. He could do no wrong. His style, his promos, everything about him was the best in the buisness, and the best I had ever seen.

Im 28, and his dvd was on LOOP in my house when it came out. And then he did what he did. That pisses me off, and has ripped ALOT of enjoyment of this sport from me.

And I truly wish he wouldn't have. It sounds stupid. Im not a child, nor am I the ''Its still real to me'' guy, I was just the biggest Benoit fan I knew, and if he did what he did, It really just pisses me off.

If he didn't, then its a shame.

I don't mean to bring up a bad situation, but f**k all this pisses me off to this day. I can't even watch his matches the same anymore, and it is such a waste

Have you considered trying to grieve the loss?

You may have been a major Chris Benoit fan but him and AJ Styles are the reason I actually have tried going into the business. He murdered his family and himself in a fit of insanity. Yeah, am I suppose to just toss the man aside? Benoit may be just some dude that was on TV, but how would you react if that person was a relative you admired and you knew that everything he did eventually led him to insanity? You gonna be mad at him for going insane? Heh.

I'll be honest, I worked a crappy 100 seat show at a park once. I came out to his theme, did his taunts and praised him on the mic to get heat. The 100 something people there didn't give a single shit.

Chris Benoit's death shocked me, I was going to return both the Hard Knocks and WrestleMania 20 DVD's back to the store, but my heart told me to keep it because it was then that I realized that Benoit the man and Chris Benoit the wrestler are two different people.

Did I feel anger towards what Benoit did? No, he had serious mental injuries caused by years of hard knocks - pun intended. Chris Benoit is, even when taking into account the aspects of his death and the story leading up to the double homicide-suicide, one of the greatest wrestlers and most certainly one of the most talented and diverse technical wrestlers that there will ever be.

Even if you're, or were, an avid Benoit-mark, you need to separate the man from the professional wrestler. Focus on what he did in the ring and remember how you felt watching him do what he did, ignore his death. Easier said than done, but it can be done.

You are right, the fact that his brain looked like that of a 90-year old man's has nothing to do with his state of mind. :shrug:
And who caused it to become that way by being a dumbass and not getting himself properly checked for concussions?

Oh, and taking numerous unnecessary shots to the head over the years by both chairs and his own fucking finisher?

Exactly.
Chris Benoit's death shocked me, I was going to return both the Hard Knocks and WrestleMania 20 DVD's back to the store, but my heart told me to keep it because it was then that I realized that Benoit the man and Chris Benoit the wrestler are two different people.
Don't really get this either. If you want to enjoy his work in the ring that's one thing, but the "two different people" thing has always sounded stupid as fuck to me. Mainly because, you know, they were the same exact person.

I swear to God that I made this thread already.

You did? Dammit! I'm always late to the party. Give me a link to it...I think you're bluffing.

And AD cheer up. If you think that's the stupidest comment you've ever seen, you should look in my recent posts.

I was shocked when i heard he died but when i read about how he died and what he did, i was completely suprised. TBH, he bought his "insanity" on himself because of his shitty flying headsbutt finisher and the numerous chair shots he'd take to the head. But regardless of that, thats still doesn't excuse what he did. He can fuckin rot in hell.

Like an awful lot of people, I turned wrestling off for quite a while after Benoit went crazy and murdered his family. I'm not a ratings junkie, but I believe there was a marked dip in the months after the incident. I was a huge fan of Benoit, and it just made me incredibly angry. And every time I watched wrestling for a while, it reminded me. Not like I'm so committed to wrestling I was going to watch it when it wasn't fun for me.
I'm 45, so by 2007 time I had seen many of my childhood wrestling idols self-destruct, and then to have my favorite active wrestler self-destruct while taking his wife and child with him was too much. In a few years, I came back, but I have a very weird relationship with wrestling to this day. I am much more cynical about the industry itself.
I am also cynical about the accuracy of information I get from various sources. Part of me really wants to believe that a guy I was a fan of was so badly injured that he didn't and couldn't realize he needed help until after he had done one of the worst things a man can do. It could have been injuries that essentially created a mental illness that prevented him from really knowing what he was doing. There are those who would have me believe that it was, but I'm just too cynical and skeptical about the sources of information to feel comfortable buying the story.
If I were to guess--and all I can do is guess--it's a case of an ambitious man who wanted to stay at the top of a wrestling promotion so badly that he chose to abuse pharmaceuticals to allow him to keep going. This also allowed the brain injuries to continue to pile up. Benoit was a fairly intelligent guy with tons of wrestling experience. He knew he was dancing with the devil. Due to choices he made early on, he got to a point where he could no longer make rational choices--and we know how it ended. I don't know that he was an evil guy, but he was a guy who made some stupid choices and it cost him absolutely everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back