• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Benoit vs Undertaker at WrestleMania

Cookie14

Smart-Ass
Imagine Chris Benoit hadn't gonew a little bit mental. He was due to go to ECW.

I think that he would have had a few months as ECW champ then got drafted back to Smackdown.

Imagine a fued between Benoit and Undertaker, ending with a classic bout at WrestleMania.

This could have been possibly the greatest Mania match of all time (hell, it could of even happened at last years Mania!!)

Benoit would have been a believable threat to the streak, and is one of the best wrestlers not to be on Takers list of WM victims.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.......

Rabid Wolverine vs. theDead Man. I like the sound of that. I can see Undertaker going for the Tombstone and Benoit sneaking out from behind and hitting 10 Germans. I can see Benoit hitting the crossface for two minutes and taker not tapping. Taker would've eventally hit the tombstone for the win. Would've been a great match!

who cares? Didn't happen, won't happen. Why bother discussing something so lame? What if Lou Thesz fought the Rock? Whoa I can just imagine.....

I for one seem to be one of the few who can separate Benoit's career from his personal life. And I couldn't agree more. I think the match of Taker vs. Benoit would have been a CLASSIC. I don't think ANYONE is a threat to "the streak" however, and if WWE has the proper mind, Taker should retire with it intact. People care about that more than Goldberg's WCW streak, and I thought Goldberg's was more impressive. Benoit though, I think probably would have gotten close, much like HBK. But in the end I don't see Benoit coming out of that one with the "W".

On a side note I wanna go over something else you mentioned....

Benoit as ECW champ would have been spectacular. I think Benoit would have given the show credibility it really needed. Who knows, while he wouldn't have held the belt forever, it would have been cool to see another ECW Original with the title, other than what? RVD and Dreamer? Isn't that the only ones to have it?

Back to Taker/Benoit though...

if built properly, just about anyone could look credible. I mean, I wouldn't have Taker tapping out on the shows leading up to Mania or anything, but maybe beating Kane or Big Show...you know just have Benoit killing (no pun intended) guys bigger than him. I mean look at Taz in ECW...people believed he was unbeatable. I know some of that was because of Paul Heyman's booking, but put Benoit out there like that...maybe have him develop an alternate finisher to go with the Crossface and Sharpshooter. The Headbutt just isn't enough in my opinion, and I don't think Taker or Kane for that matter, should EVER tap out...

sorry to rant. Great post.

Now that the obligatory troll has said their piece, let's continue. Post #3.

Benoit/Undertaker would have been a dream match for me at Wrestlemania. Taker goes for the tombstone, Benoit reverses into the crossface. Jerry Lawler would be announcing and shouting, "The streak is over JR. The Dead Man is going to tap. Ha!" Cue the lights to go out, and when they come back on, Undertaker has the hell's gate applied. This won't be the finish, but I would have LOVED to seen that spot at Wrestlemania.

I'm sure the match would have been awesome. Undertaker has had the best in ring work of his career in the past 5 years and Benoit always put on a show. If it were to be done, Wrestlemania 22 would have been the best option.

You had Undertaker face Mark Henry is an incredibly forgettable predictable match, and Benoit once again in the midcard losing to another fallen world champion in JBL. Putting the two men together would have been a far better option than the two matches that actually happened. You could have JBL win the US title before hand and defend it against a number of options and Mark Henry could have gone with not being on the card at all.

It definitely would have been a good match. I don't think that Benoit would have gone over but still it would have been an awesomely competitive match.

Benoit vs Taker would have been good. Even though they have fought once or twice one on one, it was at an event called Rebellion 2000. But anyways, Benoit and Taker would be an excellent match, and I am one of the few people who actually look past what happened before he died and look back at all the great and entertaining matches he had with greats such as, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, etc. I think he was, along with Kurt Angle, the best technical wrestler ever to lace up a pair of boots.

It would have been a great match. It also would be very interesting to see how WWE responded to it when referencing Undertaker's streak. I doubt they would ever list the names of people he has defeated onscreen ever again.

1. Is it wrong to say that Benoit already had a match with an Undertaker. The Undertaker buried him............

2. That match would have been kick ass. Benoit having a bad match was an absolute rarity, and the Deadman at Mania would have pulled out all the stops. Unfortunately Benoit would have to turn heel for the feud to really work I think, and Benoit as a main event heel doesn't really work I don't think.

i thik that would be a great match. in fact i think they should do it at next years wrestlemania. im gonna go write vince a letter about it. hes gotta listen to his loyal fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back