• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Children

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Simple question Would you have kids? (if you don't already) do you think you would make a good parent?
Why/not? just please remember to add why you would or wouldn't.

I would. and am Actually trying, well in a way... I think there is nothing more important in the world then children (children are our future after all lol) I think that I'm at a good age to have kids, I'm nearing 21, I know that I'm capable of looking after and raising a young one, and I won't be too old to see them growing up and Will even be alive to see the grankids grow up, (barring an accident lol)

People tell me all the time I would make a great father, I have alot of patience with young children and they all seem to like me, I'm not that confident, I know i will be an average father at least, I know that I will do anything and everything in my power to do everything they needed. yet not spoil them rotten so they grow up to be spoiled brats.

I am not remotely interested in having kids. I am not a very patient person and I enjoy my own time too much to be honest with you. I don't think I'd be a bad father, and I get on with my nephew and niece fine, but looking after them from time to time is the sum total of my interest in raising kids. It's just not something that I'm interested in doing, nor is it something I see myself ever wanting to do, to be honest with you.

I would. I've been taking care of my baby sister since I was 12. I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. I'm also my dad's only son and my paternal grandparents only grandchild. So, even though he's talked to me about said topic, I kinda feel like I have to keep the family name alive. The question for me would be who would be the mother. I guess I'll wait and see. I'm only 18, no need to rush it.

I do have a 2 year old daughter and I'm expecting another daughter in August. I know how to be a good mother. I lay some ground rules for my daughter and I don't let her watch any violent shows and I've trained her to watch children's shows.

I think having children is mostly selfish. People have children because they want one, and the excuse they give often drive home that fact. Some people have children because ''they know they'd be able to give them a good life'' All well and good, but if the creature doesn't exist then that's not really an issue and if it does you can't mollycoddle it forever.

I like how the Chinese do things.

Im a father of two got a third on the way, I believe children need to be nutured and also disciplined, talked to about things that they do wrong or right, taught about life and between good and bad.

My favorite thing is watching my girls as they develop, becoming more smarter and doing things for the first time that we take for granted.

I am at Uni because of my kids and am working hard to make sure that i create the future that i need to for them.

Simple really, I love having someone who loves me unconditionally and doesnt want anything in return except hugs :)

I would very much like to have children, I have always wanted to have a big family (I would like my children to have lots of siblings like I had) and I hope someday for that to be true.

I think I would be a good father, although it would take some getting used too (obviously).

But I am in a steady relationship so I never know when the first one might come along.

:p -

I have a 4 year old son myself. He is my little buddy. His mom and I separated when he was 2 and so I see him basically whenever it is convenient for her. I don't talk to him or get to see him as often as I'd like. Sometimes when you are working all the time, and just trying to manage your schedule it is easy to lose time. I am just trying to miss out on as little as possible. My son was unplanned, and I was very nervous about being a dad. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to be a good father to him, but I have managed to be there for him all this time. He loves me, and I love him.

Well, at age 16, I really can't say that I have interest in having kids now or in the future, but that can very well change.

However, I feel like I could make a very good parent, as I have worked with little kids at a Preschool Summer Camp, and I really enjoyed the experience and am working there again this Summer. I can connect the kids, and deal with all the crying and pains it takes to handle a little kid, plus my Mom is a preschool teacher, which always help influence me.

I think these kids need to be brought up tough, but also allow them to live and have fun with their life, and can not be babied in any way, as they will never learn to grow up when the real world hits them right in the head.

Simple question Would you have kids? (if you don't already)

I would love to have kids. I'm the first born son in my family, I completely feel it necessary to have the first child born out of my brothers. Because I'm old school like that. PROMULGATION OF THE GENE POOL.

Oh yeah, and I really like kids. They're awesome.

do you think you would make a good parent?

I think I will. My mentality is basically that of a 12 year old anyway, so we should have loads of fun. And I'm definitely going to be showing them old school Batman cartoons and educating them on awesome stuff that their peers won't know about (like how Spiderman is a wuss and the Hulk could rip him apart easily).

I also think that I have an imaginative mind and I can help extrapolate that out to my child. Plus, an imaginative mind means imaginative punishments. Fuck spanking my kid. Making him try to tell me something while I keep talking to my wife in mid-conversation will teach him to not interrupt adults when they're talking or talk during class. That shit is annoying.

Absolutely, I love kids, they're one of the few things I get any real joy out of because they represent the unpoisoned heart, loving, forgiving simple creatures who bring out the nurturer in me, something that's disappeared of late.
What I have come to terms with over the last 18 months is that I'm far FAR more selective on who I'd want as the mother. I've found it very difficult finding anyone who matched up to my ex as she was a remarkable woman.
As for whether I'd be any good as a dad, I'm not one to judge but I'll quote her.

"You're never going to be a cool dad and your kids will probably hate you for the entirety of their teenage years but they'll hate you for the right reasons, because you're a good man and you'll always do what's right. Moreso than anyone else I know, you are a natural father. I really pity the teenage boys your daughter brings home, they won't know what hit them"

Ever since my sister had her son i knew i wanted to be a father. My wife and I were expecting our first child last september but she had a miscarriage about five and a half months along. Since then we are expecting again and our son is due in april/may.

Since i grew up living with my mom and my father was busy doing his own thing I want to be the father i never had. I am ready to be a father and I think i will be a great one

I would love to have kids. Everyone says that I'm ready to be a father when it comes to caring for a child. I'm great around kids and they bring out the best of me and make me enjoy my rather bland life. I babysit my nephew of 4 years old and my niece of 3 years old occasionally and while it takes away from my personal life I do usually end up enjoying myself.

I want a kid, but I don't want to have one with another person. So, if I could afford it, I'd get eggs from some rocket scientist and find a surrogate to have the baby.

You think I'm joking? I'm not, in the least. With the way divorce rates are today and how damaging divorce can be to a child, I'd rather raise one myself and maybe find someone to settle down with when I'm 40 or so. One of life's many tragedies is that the optimal biological time to have a child (30 and below) is also the time when we're probably not ready to give it what it needs (i.e., a stable, loving family).

I want a kid, but I don't want to have one with another person. So, if I could afford it, I'd get eggs from some rocket scientist and find a surrogate to have the baby.

You think I'm joking? I'm not, in the least. With the way divorce rates are today and how damaging divorce can be to a child, I'd rather raise one myself and maybe find someone to settle down with when I'm 40 or so. One of life's many tragedies is that the optimal biological time to have a child (30 and below) is also the time when we're probably not ready to give it what it needs (i.e., a stable, loving family).

I have kids Tdigs and though me and my wife have our ups and downs we have been together for Five years and havent even thought about leaving one another, its not the kids fault the parents are divorcing its the fact that marriage is being used as a trophy something that people can just have because its cool, if your ready and your partner is ready to make the investment no matter how hard it seems you can make it work, but you need to want it to work and make sure you bring your kids up in the proper enironment thats all.

Life is hard its time people see that and not just quit because they dont want to deal with issues.

As i said before though I will do whatever it takes to nutrure my kids, I know after our next one arrives I want a fourth one in two years and then Im going to make sure that thats it, Id rather do this now while im young enough and my career isnt my main focus then doing it whilst im working my ass off.

I'm a proud Parent of two, and do not want anymore. I have one of each (boy and girl) and thats perfect for me.

Kids are amazing, loving, joyful and fun. When they behave. But people often don't see what the movies never show you. Children aren't exactly a walk in the park to take care of, and once they hit age 3 and beyond - they find all your personal buttons, and press every fucking one of them.

Now, never misunderstand me. I love my Daughter, and my Son. I would go through hell and back for both of them - regarding anything, for anything. However, my pressure points have been hit time and time again by Gabrielle, and over what I used to consider the "small things". Stuff like not staying in bed. Or not putting away her toys. Things when I was younger, and just considering becoming a Parent, I thought.. "Aww, every kid acts out.. she'll learn." But it happens almost on a nightly basis sometimes, and it drives the thought in your head.. WILL SHE EVER LEARN TO LISTEN! :lmao:

You must under every regard have patience. If you do not, they will torture you. Another example of this is the fact I bought my Daughter a Wall-E game, thinking it'd be something we could play together and she'd enjoy it as well as I'd enjoy having something new to share with her. WRONG. Ever since buying that, its all she wants to play. Its like it went from a sweet, heart-felt gesture.. to why the fuck did I ever think to buy that thing?!

And kids never understand why something can't go their way. I get this now, more than I ever have. My Daughter will mind and listen to me, because she knows who lays down the law - to a degree. However, there will always come times when the words "no", "not now", or "you can't have/do that" just won't come into understanding for her. And it takes an extreme amount of patience to not wanna lose all control over the dumbest things.

However, at the end of the day.. it is everything a child gives you; from love and attention, to the things they do and say, to just the way they look at the end of the day - asleep, peaceful, and loving to you as their Parent.. that is all the reward you could ever want. For that, I'd take all the angry moments my Children could ever give me.. and be forgiving and loving to every one.

I have a 20 month old son (Rain) and my wife and I are expecting in April, on the 10th. His name will be Sky. Rain James Davis and Sky Ryan Davis.

It is the best feeling in the world, and would suggest it to anyone. Nobody is ever REALLY ready to have kids, but when it does I would hope that anyone would step up.

I thought I was living life before I had my son, but now I realize what life is really all about.

I don't want children. Life is demanding enough as it is without them. I value my free time. I have plans to travel a lot. Kids are expensive. I don't like taking care of things that are needy.

I don't think I would be a terrible father, but I don't think I would enjoy it either. I would prefer not to have kids. The world is populated enough as it is anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back