• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Child gets plastic surgery to prevent.. bullying?

Decarow

WZ's Resident GameStop Advisor
Throughout college, I've done many reports on bullying. I did one for my english comp 2 class, three for my speech classes, and even volunteered to take on the topic for my argument and debate class. But this story really pisses me off.

Here is the link for the article and video.

Now, I understand how bad bullying can be. Especially in middle school where hormones are the worse. But to get surgery in 1st grade?

This is all the fault of her mother. She didn't want to see her child being picked on. Of course no parent wants to see that. But in reality, everybody eventually gets picked on. Even the bullies and the popular kids to some extent.

The child even said she never really experienced getting picked on. She seemed like a pretty happy kid before the surgery. But it was the mother who felt bad. It was the mother who wasn't happy with her daughter's appearance. She didn't like that people would sometimes call her daughter "monkey ears". Please. Who hasn't had a bad nickname?

I'm man enough to say I was called STD in high school because those were my initials. I was even called Decaho for a bit. Did it hurt? Of course. Did I go to the courthouse and get a name change? Hell no.

This will potentially affect her in the future. She'll be known as "the girl who got her ears done".

All in all, this is just the case of another over-protective, manipulative parent. If you notice, it never shows her father in the video. She might only live with her mom, I don't know the situation. But my guess is that he's just letting it happen to shut his wife up.

I agree with 48.7, she does say she wants to get her ear fixed.

I have a tooth that sticks out, it grew the wrong way. I occasionally get called snaggletooth. That doesn't bother me to much, in fact, I usually laugh with them, but I still want to get braces. It's not exactly as serious as plastic surgery, but it's still sorta the same thing. Her mom feels it's better because she doesn't get bullied, but maybe she just wants it because she wants to look better in her own way.

Bullies are bullies. No matter what, at some point of time, you're going to get made fun of, and unless it goes past name calling, and into something more serious like violence, I don't think it's that big a deal. At least in my opinion.

Getting your ears pinned back is pretty common.

It's a minor operation, it's not like she got a boob job or a new nose. Even that isn't unheard of in this day and age. It's her body, she has the right to do what she wants with it.

1. 7 year old's getting boob jobs???

2. 7 year old's don't actually have the right to do what they want with their body's.

3. I saw the picture and immediately shouted out Dumbo.

1. Not seven year olds getting boob jobs, but teenage girls do from time to time.

2. She said she wanted the surgery. From there it's her parents decision, and if they're okay with it and the doctor's okay with it then there is no reason it shouldn't happen.

3. Bingo.

1. Not seven year olds getting boob jobs, but teenage girls do from time to time.

2. She said she wanted the surgery. From there it's her parents decision, and if they're okay with it and the doctor's okay with it then there is no reason it shouldn't happen.

3. Bingo.

1. If the teen has a tiny rack, I'm all for it! :)

2. That's better.

3. At least it's her ears and not her roast beef curtains..... I know, that joke was filthier than finger fucking your sister and finding your dads wedding ring.

1. You just posted in there to prove me wrong, didn't you?
2. I'll throw in for a few hits off of that.
3. You won't be smiling when I sue you and make you pay for my therapy.

1. Ironically, I posted in there right before you made that last post.

2. Believe it or not, I'm sporting some edibles, it straight up looks like Willy Wonka made these purple ass weedobutter peanutbutter fudge cups; but you know I got a couple in the cupboard for you.

3. All responses here are better suited for the cage.

1. Ironically, I posted in there right before you made that last post.

2. Believe it or not, I'm sporting some edibles, it straight up looks like Willy Wonka made these purple ass weedobutter peanutbutter fudge cups; but you know I got a couple in the cupboard for you.

3. All responses here are better suited for the cage.

1. That's more coincidental than it is ironic.

2. Sounds delectable.

3. As if the cage could contain us.

1. Why is everyone numbering to 3?
2. Why is everyone numbering to 3?!
3. Why is everyone numbering to 3?!?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back