Chicago Region, First Round: (17) Funk Brothers vs. (48)Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Funk Brothers

• Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Chicago Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Rosemont Horizon.

4025414292_5c4bda57d1.jpg

thefunks_main1_bio.png

17. Funk Brothers

Vs.

tumblr_mhi3iveL3x1s0zdtdo1_500.jpg

48. Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

This would be a classic brawl that could go one of two ways: Either Hansen and Brody go ape shit on the Funks and end up getting themselves disqualified, or they blast through them like a hot knife through butter. With Hansen and Brody, it could easily be the former, giving the Funks a DQ win. Height advantage, weight advantage, and you know damn well that it isn't going to be a technical masterpiece. There will be Blood. There will be Branding Irons.

My pick: The Funks pick up a DQ win but don't look much like winners at the end.

This is just a fun, no holds barred, eyeball popping, shit kicking, old school brawl... and I'd love every single minute of it.

There wouldn't be a pinfall in this one. In real life, it probably would have been a double DQ every time, but we need a winner here. In a tournament with the stakes of this one, there's no way Brody or Hansen don't want to keep going for a while (and collecting big paydays). They'll win it when Terry finally pushes the referees buttons enough to call for the bell.

Oh, I think this could be a classic. Where the hell is Lariat?

Hard to go wrong with either team here, honestly. I can be swayed either way at this point. Someone start some convincing arguments for a winner instead of what this would be in real life- a double count out or DQ.

Fuck me, this would have been a war!!

I'm really struggling to pick a winner here, I'd have liked to have seen both teams go through, it's a shame one has to go home so early. This wouldn't be a pretty match, it would be brutal, a complete brawl between 4 incredibly tough men. It surely would have to end in a DQ for somebody, there's no way both teams would stick to the rules for the duration of the match.

I'm leaning towards Brody doing something crazy enough to get his team disqualified, I don't see any of the 4 men getting pinned or submitting in this one.

This one would be a headline, or near-headline match, on most PPVs. It is sad that nobody gives Dory Funk Jr. any respect as a great technical wrestler. Terry was the brawler. Hansen became a legend in Japan, and Brody's life ended much too soon. Brody's problem was that he was unstable. His last match was a DQ win for Abdullah the Butcher after Brody nearly strangled Abdullah with the camera wires, and then went through the arena throwing chairs and attacking fans with them! Brody was certifiable. And, that is where this match would end. This would be a match for the ages. However, Brody will do something stupid with Terry Funk, and end up handing the Funk's the DQ win. Funks advance.

Just like the rest have said, this would be a bloody brawl. I gotta go with the Funk brothers only by a hair though. Some sort of flukey, non-clean win. Maybe a branding iron to Hanson by the Funker behind the refs back.

Can we see this match for real? Please. This would be a very entertaining war but for as good as it would be I don't struggle in picking the winners. The Funks. Both Dory and Terry were better than both Hansen and Brody individually and I think they were better as a team too. This looks like a wild brawl but the Funks can wrestle if they want/need to. It would be pretty even in a brawl but advantage Funks in a wrestling match.

Can we see this match for real? Please. This would be a very entertaining war but for as good as it would be I don't struggle in picking the winners. The Funks. Both Dory and Terry were better than both Hansen and Brody individually and I think they were better as a team too. This looks like a wild brawl but the Funks can wrestle if they want/need to. It would be pretty even in a brawl but advantage Funks in a wrestling match.

I disagree that Terry and Dory were better than Hansen.

I just voted in error for Hansen/Brody which makes me mad. The Funks were certainly a better team, but that is largely because Bruiser Brody is extremely overrated.

I would make an argument for Stan Hansen being better than any of the other three, certainly more entertaining than Dory and Brody. Funk I'd entertain an argument for.

Hansen is one of the 10 best of all time for my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back