Chicago Region, First Round: (1) Road Warriors vs. (64) Mr. Fuji and Professor Tanaka

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Road Warriors

• Mr. Fuji and Professor Tanaka

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Chicago Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Rosemont Horizon.

4025414292_5c4bda57d1.jpg

Road-Warriors.jpg

1. Road Warriors

Vs.

tortureExperts3.jpg

64. Mr. Fuji and Professor Tanaka

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Can you really picture The Road Warriors going out in the first round? Of course not. No disrespect to Fuji and Tanaka but NOBODY was going to take out LOD this quickly. They are almost universally accepted as the most dominant tag team in wrestling history. I'm not saying they're going to cruise to the finals and easily in the whole thing but there's no way they're going out this early.

Fuji and Tanaka were probably a good team (I don't remember Tanaka really...I recall Fuji and Saito more), but I can't imagine them getting anywhere against the strength and non stop attack of the LOD.

The Road Warriors in swift, convincing fashion.

Man, who picked these seeds? Did someone call up the EPL on how they seed the FA Cup and act accordingly? it looks like the nitwits that came up with the seeding thought wrestling started with the Monday Night Wars. Prof. Tanaka and Mr Fuji were a great tag team in the 70's. Tanaka was a master technician in the ring, and could control a match almost at will. Fuji was the brawler, and uncontrollable at that. Tanaka knew how to harness Fuji, which was why Tanaka was so well respected by his peers.

However, they face the Road Warriors. This was a SICK team and probably one of the greatest teams in history. Paul Ellering as manager made them even better. The Warriors would have won this match, but not without a war from Tanaka and Fuji. It is just a great injustice to Tanaka and Fuji that they are seeding BELOW teams like the Destruction Crew. Sad.

There ain't no way the No1 seeds are going out in the first round in their hometown.

I've read up a little bit on Tanaka and Fuji and they sound like they were a good team, and worthy of a spot in this competition but there are very few teams in history who were a match for the Road Warriors in their prime. They had the size, strength and power to dominate almost any team they came up against, and arguably one of the coolest looks in wrestling history. The Road Warriors are almost certainly going far in this tournament.

Winners: Hawk and Animal....The Road Warriors!

Fuji was a WWF mainstay from the 60's to the 90's. Not the greatest wrestler, but a great character and someone who worked very well as a tag team champion (5 times in his career).

Tanaka was a solid wrestler and the guy who's work carried this team. Not as good a character as Fuji, but they each had their role and they made the team work. Together they were a staple of the WWWF tag team division in the 70's, becoming 3 time champions together before any other team had ever won the titles more than once. Their record for most title reigns as a team actually stood until 1999 when the New Age Outlaws won their 4th championship together (several teams had matched the 3 title reigns by that point). Part of this was because they worked best as champions as opposed to challengers, but that's fine. You still have to have something good going for you to even be in that position in the first place.

All that was really just a bit of a history lesson on a team that most here will know little to anything about. It shouldn't be meant to sway anyone towards voting them over the LOD... because no. Hawk and Animal are arguably the greatest team ever. Even the people who never saw them live, or were only first introduced to them in late 90's WWF still recognize how great they were.

To go back to what I said about Fuji/Tanaka and compare them to the LOD. Fuji/Tanaka worked best as champions. This was how they drew the best. The LOD, even though they held many championships in their career, never needed titles at their peak because they could sell out any building in the country without them.

The Road Warriors win in a New York marathon (6 minute match).

The Legion of Doom in Chicago would beat a team composed of Jesus and Achilles, much less two foreign foes from the Orient.

LOD will cruise on to the next round and possibly face criminal charges after the brutal ass kicking they'll deliver to Tanaka and Mr. Fuji, and....

BANZAI!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back