Checking in - Bored with wrestling.

The Butcher

📶
I quit watching wrestling a few months ago. I stopped coming around here and checking in on the dirtsheets so as not to be tempted to watch. Nothing personal; WrestleZone is great. I had been getting bored with wrestling for a while (TNA ran me off as a regular viewer years ago, WWE felt stagnant, and the indies/Japan are off of my radar without the IWC), so when Bryan went down I figured that'd be a good time to take a break. I would certainly think about it if I saw commercials or The Rock when he was on TV promoting his new movie, but it was a cold turkey pause. Imagine my surprise when catching up on things.

On a whim I decide to check some wrestling news, and the experience was akin to coming back from vacation and seeing your house on fire. While I've long expected to see TNA get euthanized by Spike, it finally happening still sucks. I remember all of the promise TNA held before things started their downward spiral, and for me that stings more than the loss of a promotion (although that is a big blow to business). The WWE cuts and Network subscriptions were surprising at first, but predictable in hindsight. I mean, if they could make a longtime fan like me throw up his hands then of course business isn't booming. Clearly I'm not the only one who got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

There seems to be some promising stuff happening too (Nation of Domination 2014, NXT signings, Bork Laser), but none of it is inspires me to get back into WWE. I've used up my reserve of "let's see where this is headed." It's headed somewhere bad. It's almost always headed somewhere bad. I'm curious to see what GFW materializes into, but it's the same kind of hesitant, detached curiosity I had for Jeff Katz's WRP. That's to say, if it never debuts I'll forget about it until I have to look it up to make sure I didn't imagine it. I might have to catch up with the latest round of awesome NJPW matches, but other than that I've never been more pessimistic about wrestling. I not a fair weather sailor, but I think I've saved up enough shore leave to stretch my legs while the boat gets retrofitted.

Ze Reigns Push

Well TNA had some good stuff at NYC. I saw it after months and it was watchable TV.

Stephanie and Brie have a nice burn going, Brock Vs Cena has me excited, it just does. Dean Ambrose is alright. So is Rollins.

Oh and Bryan subdued a burglar with a submission hold.

I'm definitely not saying there's not a lot more good happening that I'm unaware of. I'm not fully caught up on the storylines. The big headlines just surprised me. I stopped watching for a little more than two months and that just happened to be the same time that the sky started falling. Doesn't really get me geared up to dive back in.

It was more of a "smell ya later" situation than a "goodbye" one. I was coming back.

Good on you for giving it up when you actually wanted. I miss you though man, fuck the wrestling sections, just do this in the Bar Room.

I didn't want to be one of those assholes who makes a big show about not watching and knew lurking around here would make me miss it in spite of myself, so it was good to make a clean break. Now that I'm not actively avoiding wrestling news I'll hang around the other sections for sure.

Yeah, things have been interesting to say the least, wrestling wise. Good time to come back though because WZ has been hilarious the last few days.

A few weeks ago, Summer Rae and Layla shared a lesbian kiss. As in, a real HLA kiss!
Lips to Lips
Mouth to Mouth
Tongue to Tongue
Saliva to Saliva
Throat infection to Throat infection
You get the point.
Hope this (vintage WZ misleading) description and the suspense and probability of more lesbian kisses, tempt you to come back, watch, and complain with the rest of us IWCians, just like the good old days.

Hey Butch.

My alternative timeline WWE is still pretty fun. Rollins is a gimp now and today's Raw saw both Bret and Y2J on the same show.

Commonwealth games still has wrestling and I've never seen such large Indians in my life (barring Khali, of course).

Yeah, things have been interesting to say the least, wrestling wise. Good time to come back though because WZ has been hilarious the last few days.

If the news had been ho-hum I might not have checked in, but with items this big I definitely wasn't going miss out on the insanity of IWC for long.

A few weeks ago, Summer Rae and Layla shared a lesbian kiss. As in, a real HLA kiss!
Lips to Lips
Mouth to Mouth
Tongue to Tongue
Saliva to Saliva
Throat infection to Throat infection
You get the point.
Hope this (vintage WZ misleading) description and the suspense and probability of more lesbian kisses, tempt you to come back, watch, and complain with the rest of us IWCians, just like the good old days.

If they can just stretch that out over the course of 3 hours I'm there. I'm sure I'll come across something that'll catch my interest before long and have to watch and discuss.

Hey Butch.

My alternative timeline WWE is still pretty fun. Rollins is a gimp now and today's Raw saw both Bret and Y2J on the same show.

Commonwealth games still has wrestling and I've never seen such large Indians in my life (barring Khali, of course).

I never thought about it until now, but other than Khali I've never seen a very large Indian either. You'd think with so many you'd see more large ones.

I never thought about it until now, but other than Khali I've never seen a very large Indian either. You'd think with so many you'd see more large ones.

*ahem*

Well ye I mean TNA maybe going kaput and Brock/Cena are the big news.

And Shield split up! You prolly knew that.

*ahem*

Well ye I mean TNA maybe going kaput and Brock/Cena are the big news.

I remember my Brock specuation being along the lines of he wins the title and throws it away or destroys his opponent (presumably Bryan at the time) and gets a dominant DQ to set up a no brainer rematch. Now that Cena's the champion, option 2 is out, so I'm locked in with Bork winning. Maybe he'll show up on UFC Nitro with the belt! Oooh, the intrigue!

And Shield split up! You prolly knew that.

Sure did. Rollins turning and the news that Daniel was out for longer than first suspected pretty much sealed the deal for me taking a break. Combined with the typical post-Mania malaise, I felt pretty safe that nothing great was gonna happen anytime soon.

Jinder Mahal should count. I'm sure he's larger than the majority of Indians.

Oh yeah, him. Is he still kayfabe married to Khali's sister? Shouldn't Khali have fought for Jinder's job if only for his sister's sake? Hmph. More like The Not-So-Great Khali.

That's normal; my level of interest in wrestling changes weekly. All it takes is one moment to get me back involved. I've been waiting on it for a while now. You could say I'm bored with it too, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

Also:
I didn't want to be one of those assholes who makes a big show about not watching and knew lurking around here would make me miss it in spite of myself, so it was good to make a clean break. Now that I'm not actively avoiding wrestling news I'll hang around the other sections for sure.
Smart man.

That's normal; my level of interest in wrestling changes weekly. All it takes is one moment to get me back involved. I've been waiting on it for a while now. You could say I'm bored with it too, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

When Chris Masters makes his surprise return I'll regret having missed it live. That's the CM guy everyone's waiting for, right? Whoever he is he'd better hurry back before I forget about him completely.

Smart man.
Yeah, well, I didn't want to declare that I wasn't watching and then end up in the next week's live discussion. I did end up making this thread anyway, though, so... I guess I turned out to be an asshole regardless. Dang.

So how about an imminent debut of the Icon Sting? Would that do anything to rekindle your interest in the product? Or how about when his debut gets interrupted by a returning CM Punk? Or he gets blindsided by the heel turn of John Cena?

Oh, and welcome back by the way :)

So how about an imminent debut of the Icon Sting? Would that do anything to rekindle your interest in the product? Or how about when his debut gets interrupted by a returning CM Punk? Or he gets blindsided by the heel turn of John Cena?

Oh, and welcome back by the way :)

I hope the dirtsheets or the WWE itself announces when Sting will debut on TV. I haven't been a Sting fan since before the turn of the century, but I recognize his place. I wouldn't mind tuning in to see him stare at people from the rafters for the first time in a WWE arena.

CM Punk! That was his name! (Where the hell did I get Chris Masters?) Yeah, he was good. He should come back and make Sting look like he's still Sting.

Cena could turn inside out for all I care. Great guy, gotta respect 'em, blah blah blah yackity smackity... Go away John. I've never paid a dime to see you specifically, yet there you are, dripping with gold like Razor fucking Ramon. Please go away for a while. No surprise early return, no getting the title because somebody else got hurt, no via satellite preacher voice. Take some Make-A-Wish kids to Disney World, make a couple movies, drive your cars, boink your girlfriend, lift some weights, and give me a chance to watch WWE without your looming fucking specter.

Thanks. Feels good to be back.

If you don't tune into Impact to see Rockstar Spud or WWE to see Bo Dallas then there sir is something very wrong with you.

I know you'll be back full time again. I BOlieve.

If you don't tune into Impact to see Rockstar Spud or WWE to see Bo Dallas then there sir is something very wrong with you.

I know you'll be back full time again. I BOlieve.

I will. It's just that recently when I've watched WWE or TNA and saw something or someone I enjoyed, it felt like I just dug through a big pile of poop to find a dollar bill. It's more like a poop waterfall, actually, and unless WWE or TNA are making it rain creatively, the cascade of poop isn't worth a few measly bucks.

I will. It's just that recently when I've watched WWE or TNA and saw something or someone I enjoyed, it felt like I just dug through a big pile of poop to find a dollar bill. It's more like a poop waterfall, actually, and unless WWE or TNA are making it rain creatively, the cascade of poop isn't worth a few measly bucks.

I get it man.
Sometimes it's best to do what you did and step back for a little bit.

If someone told me 12 months ago that this time the following year Punk would be gone, Bryan would be injured, Shield would be broken up, Cena would be champ again, and JTG had been sacked, I wouldn't have been looking forward to this point in time.

KowHu8F.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back