Cheaper in America?

How come stuff is cheaper in america? I just read the wrestlezone story on the new wwe game, and its $60, which is £30, but if you bought a brand new xbox 360 game over here it would be near £50 which is ridiculous. I heard about how they were tryin to change iTunes to make it fair for us too cos is only 79p or something for a song, and then the same in cents for people in europe, but the exchange rate means they get them cheaper.. sucks to be english I say.

How come stuff is cheaper in america? I just read the wrestlezone story on the new wwe game, and its $60, which is £30, but if you bought a brand new xbox 360 game over here it would be near £50 which is ridiculous. I heard about how they were tryin to change iTunes to make it fair for us too cos is only 79p or something for a song, and then the same in cents for people in europe, but the exchange rate means they get them cheaper.. sucks to be english I say.

A bunch of things are cheaper in America - our economy sucks.

You need some more immigrants then lol. Apparently thats whats supporting ours.

How much is a can of coke over there? Or a big mac meal?

Actually new games tend to be at least £10 cheaper than £50. Almost always. Sometimes cheaper. Besides, new games are too expensive everywhere.

The new tony hawks game is £45 in Game and Gamestation which was why I thought that more popular games would surely be 50.

Big Mac meals are about 3.90? 4 quid? so yea, over priced again :(

If all you do is eat McDonalds and play videogames, you have bigger problems than paying a pound or so extra.

Lol no I dont, but I was trying to think of something that has a definitive price that I could relate to with an american who wishes to reply.

damn whoevers gettin that big mack at 7 bucks is gettin jipped i get thoes for 5.34 lol but yea different pices are dew to the economy in diff countrys

the US states economy is terrible, and the Pennsylvania tax on everything is atrocious. 7 cents for a dollar. It might not seem a lot but it is when some states are doing 2,3,4 cents. Errr and now they are still thinking about raising, but prices and stuff changes no matter where you are in the WORLD

the US states economy is terrible, and the Pennsylvania tax on everything is atrocious. 7 cents for a dollar. It might not seem a lot but it is when some states are doing 2,3,4 cents. Errr and now they are still thinking about raising, but prices and stuff changes no matter where you are in the WORLD

the tax here is like also 7 and a half cents

Lol Youd expect it to be higher in tourist places, but $1 is more expensive than us, its bout 1.50 for a 2 litre bottle, thats probably the first thing Ive found thats cheaper for us.

MN state tax is like...6.5 cents. #3 with no onions supersized (I always get that) turns out to be like $4.88. I've been across the ocean to London though myself, it is NOT cheap, I remember.

damn whoevers gettin that big mack at 7 bucks is gettin jipped i get thoes for 5.34 lol but yea different pices are dew to the economy in diff countrys

5.34 for a Big Mac Meal? Where do you like Cali? In minnesota, it's only 3.99 for a Big Mac Meal. It's slightly mor eis you want a Whopper Meal though. Of course, you get robbed if you go to Hardees aka Carl's Jr. They rip u off with those supposed "angus" burgers. Did you know that a cow only has to be 51% angus in order to qualify and be sold as Angus? There is almost no such thing as a pure Angus burger anymore. Damn I wish they had Jack In The Box here.

MN state tax is like...6.5 cents. #3 with no onions supersized (I always get that) turns out to be like $4.88. I've been across the ocean to London though myself, it is NOT cheap, I remember.

Yeah, but they have a state income tax here too. i find that places there the tax is higher usually don't. Plus they don't charge tax on clothes here either. U want a real burger for a good price? Go to Champ's Superburger in Houston texas. A value meal is about 8 bucks, but it's well worth it. It's a burger that takes two meals to eat. And it's way better than the burgers you get a Grizzly's.

spawnharm.jpg

its not just that things are cheaper its because things in the UK are overvalued. £1 is never $2, but there you go Gordon Brown sucks. Yesterday he lost like half the populations bank details on 2 cd-roms which is midly amusing.

Child benefit stuff with personal information. Which means they fraudsters can steal from your accouns, should they get the information. Clever monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back