• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chavo Guerrero

Shining Wizard

Gregory Helms > You
Chavo has mic skill's, in ring ability and mic skill's. He is not troublesome backstage and has proven on countless occasion's he deserve's to move up. So I check the PPV section. Two new matche's are announced. One of the Two new matche's announce was a Cruiserweight invitational. In the invatational are the following participant's:

Daivari, CHAVO GUERRERO, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jamie Noble and the current Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helm's. Notice in the list I made big and in bold letter's Chavo Guerrero.

Guerrero just got off a win of Rey Mysterio. A former World Champion. Then he had a good feud with Benoit where Benoit basically won 5 time's and Chavo won once or twice. They should of had him go over Benoit and have Benoit loose the US title thus giving Chavo a lengthy US title run. Benoit should of then be put into a story line to take him back to the next level. The Championship title run.

Instead, the writter at WWE or should I say career wrecker's put Chavo back in the CW division. A divison he has conquered since his day's in WCW. It's as if he is spell-bound to be there. This guy has potential to be just like Eddie Guerero but instead there holding him back. What is the point of sticking him back in the CW division after he beat a former World Champion? There is no knowledge behind it.

Let's go back to his RAW day's. He has the Curnel Wright gimmick. A rich racist. Eddie die's and WWE decide's to give him a push. Then he end's up loosing to Shelton for the IC title and quit's wrestling. Come's back on SD! He root's on Rey and eventually screw's him in his World Title match with King Booker. We smelled that heel turn a mile away. Then he beat's Rey not once but Twice. Goes on for a high profile feud with Benoit and after that he is left for dry and put into the CW Divison. I understand the CW divison has been lacking recently but putting Chavo someone who deserve's to be atleast a mid-card back in there is stupid. They could of took Nunzio someone they barely utilize on WWECW and put him in the CW division instead of Chavo.

Please. Someone explain this to me.

yeh i agree i mean he should of won the us title when he had the chance and benoit should of moved up to the main event status. i know they could of put nunzio in there i dunno what wwe is doing. im just hoping THAT WHEN MYSTERIO COMES BACK BENOIT,CHAVO AND REY HAVE A TRIPLE THREAT FEUD FOR THE US TITLE AT WRESTLEMANIA!! CHAVO NEEDS TO STAY AWAY FROM CW DIVISION!!!

One of three things can happen in this match...

1. Chavo wins the match, and when Rey comes back they feud over the title. This would be the best scenario for bringing back the CW division. Throw Helms back into the mix and the problem is solved.

2. Helms retains and Chavo remains in the undercard. Most Likely.

3. Someone else wins (Good God, Funaki?) and Chavo gets a slap in the face. Least likely.

Either way, Chavo deserves much better. He should have had Rey's title run, he is the one who is RELATED to Eddie.

I believe that they don't really have much going for Chavo at the moment, and so they are going to fill him in the supposed 'revamped cruiserweight division'. While I think it is a shame to do to the guy, you have got to think that it is either to add some potential to the match, or is just for the fact that they don't want to push him. He still has a lot left in him though, and I would like to see Rey and himself feud over something a little better than the pointless CW title. He is a good character but I don't think he can ride on Eddie's death to further his character for much longer. He is around 40 I think, so he has no doubt lost the speed he once had, but he has better charisma than most others do, but he looks directionless at the moment. The CW division has no hope by the looks of the wrestlers they have in it, so I think he and Rey could feud again, but the first one was nothing special so I don't think that it would be any better the second time, especially if Eddie is still involved. Chavo doesn't deserve to be buried, but that looks like it is going to happen even though he looks to have established himself a while ago.

I dont think Chavo's got great mic skill's. He's certainly better than Batista, Rey Mysterio and Benoit. But during his feud with Rey he was meant to sound angry, instead it just came off as whiny. I dont think he has the intensity to move up the card. It show's that WWE have no faith in him when they wont even let him have a run with a worthless mid card title.

i would have stopped watching smackdown, if chavo beat benoit for the US title, benoit should not really lose to too many ppl, chavo is certainly one of them he cant lose to

chavo does not have any potential to be a superstar, the highest he should be getting is the CW title, nothing else... even when they pushed him after eddies passing, i dont think it worked, cuz at the time, batista was his "so-called" best friend, rey was always associated with eddie, so there was no room for another eddie follower.

u have a guy like chavo that beat rey, and rey beat the likes of orton, angle an others on smackdown.... are u telling me chavo could hang with the likes of orton and angle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMAO, stupidest move ever, kennedy or sumone of that nature should have taken out rey, u cant have former champs quiting to NOBODIES...

sorry all u chavo fans there, he's not goin anywhere for awhile, and i wont be suprised to see him as a wwe agent soon

I dont think Chavo's got great mic skill's. He's certainly better than Batista, Rey Mysterio and Benoit. But during his feud with Rey he was meant to sound angry, instead it just came off as whiny. I dont think he has the intensity to move up the card. It show's that WWE have no faith in him when they wont even let him have a run with a worthless mid card title.

I agree he did come as whiny not angry. I do see Chavo as a guy who can bring some skills back to this new re-vamped CW division...But Chavo does have good ring work it just that he will never be abl to compete with the big boys and plus Chavo will never have the backing of the fans fully behind him and chavo is pased his prime. As if WWE had any faith in him they would hav egiven him the US title at leats once in his feud with Benoit, but they didnt. So i see Chavo doing CW matches and once in a while doing mid card stuff but eventually he helping guys work in the ring or become a fulltime agent

It will be Helms who more than likely gets the push not Chavo, he might lose the title and they will have him face benoit or some1 at mania. Helms is by far the best thing on smackdown atm and does deserve to be moved up the card. On a side not Helms and chavo would make a decent heel tag team..

Chavo gets looked over too much cause he's living in Eddie's shadow, people expect too much from him. no matter where he wrestles people are going to hold him up to Eddie's expectations & he's just not Eddie, gotta feel bad for him they'll always chant Eddie even if Chavo's in the spotlight hell they even had Chavo start doing Eddie's frogsplash after his death.

Chavo is probably one of the best wrestlers on smackdown right now. A run with the US title would've helped him, and I think its still possible. Think about it, Rey has no Mania opponent, neither does Benoit (unless the fued him against MVP), so a triple threat would be ideal. Would probably be one of the best wrestling matches of the night. Give Chavo the title, have him and Helms fued over it after Jimmy Wang Yang wins th CW title, and put Benoit in a fued with Mr. Kennedy that'll last till SummerSlam, and Smackdown would be on the road to recovery. Chavo desreves at least that.

Chavo is the whole package if you ask me he is good on the mike, has a good moveset, isnt boring to watch, also excellent at putting people over and as Shining Wizard said "he isnt troublesome backstage" like Batista has become.
i'd like to see Chave with the US title and hold it for 4-5 months to lose it to Gregory Helms or someone like that.

First of all I think the whole Chavo/Vickie/Rey thing was stupid. They disgraced Eddie's name by still using it and Vickie has no future at all in the WWE. Right now there isn't no one but Benoit that Chavo can feud with but the Chavo/Benoit feud was short and not really exciting.

I think Chavo definitely should have won the US title off Benoit, although I wasn't expecting him to. Benoit doesn't need that title, but it would help Chavo out and push him as a legitimate competitor. That's what the US and IC titles should be used for, to push guys who have potential but aren't at main event level yet. For a bigger name like Benoit, who's already held the WHC it's just a sign of his career going down the crapper. Granted, Booker T had a brief run with the title approximately half a year before he won the WHC so you never know, but I just don't see much of anything happening for Benoit in the near future, especially holding that US title.

As for Chavo, I believe he is a decent in-ring worker, he's not the greatest mic worker, but he's not the worst either. If you think Chavo really has mic skills, I think you're wrong and you definitely need to take another listen to Bobby Lashley.

I also hate what they did with Benoit beating Chavo so many times in a row. Whenever they do that it makes the one on the losing end look really bad, and considering that beating Chavo over and over isn't gonna get Benoit any more over than he already is I don't see the point of it.

Basically I think Chavo deserves to get farther than where he is, and the US title would have been a good way for him to get there. Definitely not the cruiserweight title.

As for a feud with Rey for the title, I don't think that makes much sense either. How can you go from being a world champion to competing in the cruiserweight division, no matter what size you are? But do I see Rey becoming world champion again? Not really.

But getting back to Chavo, I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for the guy.

Well Chavo is a good contendor for thr U.S. Belt but Benoit..I think he should be in the main-event spot. I mean instead of having Benoit face off against the main-event guys they have MVP there. I mean MVP has some skill but Benoit has more. And I think SmackDown needs CMPunk to shape up the United States Championship Division.

they given chavo the CW title, my prediction is for Helms to win the US title at mania

CW? ECW? Nah man Chavo needs to win some more matches before he can be a Champ. Maybe...nah Gregory Helms IMO supposed to stay a the Cruiserweight Champ right now. And US Title at Mania? It's a possibility but I don't know.

Personally I've always though the Chavo was very talented. When he was feuding with Benoit, I though for sure that he would win the US Title and finally get the push he deserved. I don't know why they brought him back down to the Cruiserweight Division, but it pisses me off. This guy is expected to carry Eddie's legacy, and it's just unfair to him. I personally think he's just as talented as Eddie, but he doesn't have the same charisma or spark that Eddie did.

As for people thinking he was riding Eddie's coattails by using the Frog Splash, he's doing it to honor his uncle, not emulate him. I think he deserves much more than just being known as Eddie's nephew. He's 36 years old, and he needs his push now, before he's in his 40s.

As for Gregory Helms, I've been a big fan of him since his WCW days, and I think taking the belt off him is the way to make him move up. I just wish him and Chavo would both be in the US Title hunt, instead of one or the other being a Cruiserweight. If I remember correctly, Helms is barely in the Cruiserweight Division. He's like 6' and 215-220. I thought he was too big the whole time, but he was the most credible to give the title to. They should both be further up the card than they are, and it's a shame that WWE is holding these guys down (even though it looks like Helms is FINALLY moving up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back