Changing Entrance Theme Songs???

abrahamclark05

Dark Match Jobber
Needed to post this thread after watching the unbelievable bull shit that I saw on raw tonight. When it comes to the entrance music of certain wrestlers, very little is more important than it, the music, in distinguishing their identity.. When you hear the "shattering glass" you know that Austin is on his way to the ring... when you hear the "bells" you know the Undertaker is, most-likely, on his way to the ring... when you hear... "are you ready" .... you know DX is on its way out... so on...

This shit annoys the fuc* out of me. Changing a wrestler's theme music, espeically a wreslter who is currrently over with the fans, is completely uncalled for. I remember when they added disturbed lyrics to Austin's music.. this lasted for a very short time.. why? because it was horrible. Wrestlers need to have distinct theme songs than signify their coming out... once you start hearing the "popular crap music" as a theme song for a top wrestling star .. .you know that something is going on that has nothing to do with putting the talent over and has everything to do with the "office rats" who are trying to make an extra promotional buck...

I'll list a few entrance theme songs that were changed and helped to ruin a huge part of the wrestlers pop:

1) Kane
2) Batista
3) Austin (disturbed shit)
4) Rey Mysterio (it starts out cool.. .then loses its edge)
5) Kurt Angles music was just fine without the lyrics
6) Although not a wrestler, chaning Raw's music royally sucked.

and now...

Mr. Kennedy and Jeff Hardy....

WWE managment and Creative need to get their heads out of their ass.

Some wrestlers are defined by their entrance music. For example, the Undertaker (deadman gimmick), Stone Cold, and DX. Some guys can change it and I dont think its a big deal such as Edge (as long as it keeps the classic intro). I mean all of the entrance themes cant stay the same for 10 years for every wrestler but for some, you have to keep it.

This brings me to jeff's new music. This sucks. The music does not define jeff hardy whatsoever. It has no adrenaline beat to it and it seems almost cartoony. The crowd is not going to be as pumped up as his old music got him and I really think the wwe needs to consider changing it back.

This brings me to jeff's new music. This sucks. The music does not define jeff hardy whatsoever. It has no adrenaline beat to it and it seems almost cartoony. The crowd is not going to be as pumped up as his old music got him and I really think the wwe needs to consider changing it back.

DId you hear how low his "pop" was compared to his last entrance?

I don't see what the big deal is, I always thought that getting a new theme song(especially one with lyrics) is a sign that the wrestler has a bright future ahead of him/her. This means that we are going to see alot more of Kennedy and Hardy making it to the top and possibly winning the WWE/World titles whether we like it or not. This happened to many WWE superstars in recent years like Batista, Edge, Randy Orton, Lashley, Mysterio, and John Cena. I agree with what you said about Austin getting a new theme song because he was an already established WWE superstar at that time and his original theme is how the fans recognized him like Shawn Michaels, Taker, Hogan, and HHH, so it doesn't seem right for those guys to get a new theme song. When it comes to younger/new stars like Kennedy and Hardy getting new themes, it is a good thing for them because that means they are going somewhere in the WWE.

No. Your post was a typical bait to make me say something. So I retaliated.

So hush. I'm sick of you starting shit.

no it wasn't. It's easy. People's theme changes. Jeff has had the same music for years. it was time for a new one. his music was part of the Hardy Boyz. Its now like he has his own identity. It was a good move. Don't know why the changed Kennedy's but both are horrible. So it really doesn't make a difference. Maybe he can get cheap heat for crappy theme music?

Takers music changed, HHH's has, Edge's changed. The Rocks music changed, it isn't a big deal.

I don't see what the big deal is, I always thought that getting a new theme song(especially one with lyrics) is a sign that the wrestler has a bright future ahead of him/her. This means that we are going to see alot more of Kennedy and Hardy making it to the top and possibly winning the WWE/World titles whether we like it or not. This happened to many WWE superstars in recent years like Batista, Edge, Randy Orton, Lashley, Mysterio, and John Cena. I agree with what you said about Austin getting a new theme song because he was an already established WWE superstar at that time and his original theme is how the fans recognized him like Shawn Michaels, Taker, Hogan, and HHH, so it doesn't seem right for those guys to get a new theme song. When it comes to younger/new stars like Kennedy and Hardy getting new themes, it is a good thing for them because that means they are going somewhere in the WWE.

Well, in many instances, it can be a sign that the wrestler is getting a big push, however, this doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do. Rather than get into each individual wrestler, which could take a week to cover, lets stick to the philosophical principle here: if someone is currently over with the crowd, and is receiving a huge pop during their entrance, then changing their theme music doesn't make any sense at all. Jeff hardy had a significantly lower amount of pop when he came out tonight. Kennedy, who yes, in my opinion also sucks.. but he has been receiving a perfectly find pop during his entrance music... had no reason to receive a theme change.

Furthermore, as far as lyrics go... They ought to either fit the character they are being played for, or they shouldn't be in the song. WTF do mysterio's lyris (besides the 619), bastistas lyrics, now jeff hardy's lyrics, kane<< especiallly kane's music, << have anything to do with their characters???

Well, in many instances, it can be a sign that the wrestler is getting a big push, however, this doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do. Rather than get into each individual wrestler, which could take a week to cover, lets stick to the philosophical principle here: if someone is currently over with the crowd, and is receiving a huge pop during their entrance, then changing their theme music doesn't make any sense at all. Jeff hardy had a significantly lower amount of pop when he came out tonight. Kennedy, who yes, in my opinion also sucks.. but he has been receiving a perfectly find pop during his entrance music... had no reason to receive a theme change.

Furthermore, as far as lyrics go... They ought to either fit the character they are being played for, or they shouldn't be in the song. WTF do mysterio's lyris (besides the 619), bastistas lyrics, now jeff hardy's lyrics, kane<< especiallly kane's music, << have anything to do with their characters???
What does the music have to do with a pop? Next week when Jeff's music hits, he will get a pop. I think Jeff is getting the pop, not his music, yes when this music hit we had no idea who it was, but next week, we'll know, unless we missed the show. But when they see him on stage, they should pop. I never knew a theme made a wrestler. Yes it is easier to identify them, but their music will catch on?

What does the music have to do with a pop? Next week when Jeff's music hits, he will get a pop. I think Jeff is getting the pop, not his music, yes when this music hit we had no idea who it was, but next week, we'll know, unless we missed the show. But when they see him on stage, they should pop. I never knew a theme made a wrestler. Yes it is easier to identify them, but their music will catch on?

I think the music, image, posture, etc.. basically the theme... of the wrestler has a huge part to do with "what makes a wrestler." Take away the undertakers theme... and you have nothing....

Look... basically it isn't so much the change of music that matters as much as the music they pick.... they picked completely horrible music for hardy, kennedy, kane, batista, mysterio ... etc....

Also, as for next week when Jeff's music hits... I don't think he'll receive the same amount of pop at all.... Can you imagine if John Cena all of a sudden came out to "green day".... he would lose all pop.... Overall, music certainly plays a major role in the image and theme of a character/wrestler.

I think the music, image, posture, etc.. basically the theme... of the wrestler has a huge part to do with "what makes a wrestler." Take away the undertakers theme... and you have nothing....

Look... basically it isn't so much the change of music that matters as much as the music they pick.... they picked completely horrible music for hardy, kennedy, kane, batista, mysterio ... etc....

Also, as for next week when Jeff's music hits... I don't think he'll receive the same amount of pop at all.... Can you imagine if John Cena all of a sudden came out to "green day".... he would lose all pop.... Overall, music certainly plays a major role in the image and theme of a character/wrestler.
I dont think Jeffs music was that bad, it has the punk rock theme. the colorful hair, tattoo and so forth theme. So it kind of went along with his gimmick. Kennedy's music had like the same lyrics, it was just done by different person and had a different beat. Mysterio's music has 619, and booyaka(sp) in it. Yes it was basically music from his CW days, but it still fits him. I think Jeff's new music will catch on because the music still fits his image.

I dont think Jeffs music was that bad, it has the punk rock theme. the colorful hair, tattoo and so forth theme. So it kind of went along with his gimmick. Kennedy's music had like the same lyrics, it was just done by different person and had a different beat. Mysterio's music has 619, and booyaka(sp) in it. Yes it was basically music from his CW days, but it still fits him. I think Jeff's new music will catch on because the music still fits his image.

I think it sucks.. plain and simple...

Theme = part of an entrance
Entrance = part of the showmanship aspect
Showmanship = what can make or break a wrestler

Now, obviously, a theme isn't going to completely kill off a wrestler's career, but it can help or hurt their push, and THAT can kill off a wrestler's career.

Personally, I never liked Kennedy's theme, and I thought Jeff's was cool, but I hate both of their new themes. "Change for the sake of change" has always been a foolish statement in my mind, because it never states "change for a better change and not a negative one". Jeff and Kennedy's music just took a step backwards in my mind because they have no energy. The lyrics are low, there's no real percussion or any serious guitar riffs or anything, no strong piano, no wild violin...personally, I liked it better when most wrestlers had no lyrics in their themes, but they won't be going back to that. Still, Hardy and Kennedy went from themes that were loud and energetic to themes that are slower and dulled, which hurts them as the crowds won't be as excited psychologically.

For those that say the theme music doesn't matter at all, I'm sure you'd be pissed if the Undertaker started coming out to a Britney Spears song or if Triple H came out to a nail on a chalkboard.

Theme = part of an entrance
Entrance = part of the showmanship aspect
Showmanship = what can make or break a wrestler

Now, obviously, a theme isn't going to completely kill off a wrestler's career, but it can help or hurt their push, and THAT can kill off a wrestler's career.

Personally, I never liked Kennedy's theme, and I thought Jeff's was cool, but I hate both of their new themes. "Change for the sake of change" has always been a foolish statement in my mind, because it never states "change for a better change and not a negative one". Jeff and Kennedy's music just took a step backwards in my mind because they have no energy. The lyrics are low, there's no real percussion or any serious guitar riffs or anything, no strong piano, no wild violin...personally, I liked it better when most wrestlers had no lyrics in their themes, but they won't be going back to that. Still, Hardy and Kennedy went from themes that were loud and energetic to themes that are slower and dulled, which hurts them as the crowds won't be as excited psychologically.

For those that say the theme music doesn't matter at all, I'm sure you'd be pissed if the Undertaker started coming out to a Britney Spears song or if Triple H came out to a nail on a chalkboard.

Well UT's music fits his deadman gimmick, and Jeff Hardy's new music fits his punk rock rock gimmick.

Kennedy's new theme sucks and he should have kept the version that he has been using for the past year and a half. It is time for Jeff Hardy to get a new theme song because he has been using the Hardy Boyz theme and Matt Hardy been had his own theme music so it is about time for Jeff to have his own. Even though they have new themes they can always change them back like Randy Orton did when he had the theme that CM Punk now has.

If you think that music was even remotely punk, then you're a fuckin idiot.

Jeff's new music was terrible. Garbage. Reminded me of Maria's music kind of; just really really really really bad bad modern pop-rock. Terrible shit, just the kind of godawful music that the WWE pumps out every month as their PPV music theme.

Jeff's music wasn't even remotely "punk" and if you think it was, you clearly have never heard punk music before in your life. Sounded more like My Chemical Romance then it did the Clash, maybe that was just me.

Kennedy's music wasn't that bad. It suits him; had the same whiny voice as the last music. But his last music sucked balls anyways, so it's not much of an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back