Championship Wrestling League (Michigan Debut)

Dustin Fuoco CWL

What's up everyone. I'm just trying to get the word out about my new wrestling promotion the best way I can so I figured this forum section would be a good place to start.

Starting this Fall, The Championship Wrestling League will be putting on a show every Saturday night throughout Michigan. We'll be doing 12 show for TV on WADL-Detroit and we have a very impressive roster of talent who will be with us full time. Names include guys like...

"Former WWE Superstar Big Cass", MVP, Zach Gowen, Brian Pillman Jr., and more. Matt Striker will also be providing our live weekly commentary.

Also noteworthy, on our debut episode on September 29th at The Brighton Legacy Center Sports Dome, "Former WWE Superstar Big Cass" will be releasing his first public comments since his WWE release.

Just wanted to throw the word out there for anyone who really supports independent wrestling. Feel free to check out our website, find us on Facebook, or follow our newly created Twitter.

I appreciate the support!

Championship Wrestling League | Championshipwrestlingleague.com |

If he rips into WWE, I don't think anybody will care because it's not as if Big Cass, or Big Cazz as he's calling himself on the indie scene, will be lauded or hailed all that much. Sure, it'll get some cheers and generate some buzz but it's not as if Cass was ever really embraced by a ton of indie or internet fans in the first place.

Cass might take the route of trying to be classy about it as I'm sure he'd want to re-sign with WWE if the opportunity ever arose. That's not really the way these things go, however, as the usual formula is for the disgruntled former employee to paint himself in a positive light while burying the company, to portray himself as the hero in his own story while WWE is the big, evil corporation that exists only to keep people down, and so on and so forth.

If Cass decides to rip into WWE, it’ll be a fart in the wind. He’ll be no different than other released WWE guys, who tear into WWE on podcasts, shoots, or interviews. Dirt sheet websites will pick up on it, people might talk about for a couple of days, and that’ll be it. Punk was a high profiled guy, and that’s really the only reason why people still reference and talk about his podcasts with Cabana years after they were released. Well, that and the drama between the two is going to stretch things out more.

There wasn’t a Marty Janetty or HBK after Cass and Enzo split. The split really exposed their weaknesses on both sides, and you could see just how much they needed to play off one another. Enzo couldn’t deliver in the ring, and his shtick on the mic was just annoying and repetitive during his heel run. Cass had some potential, but the injury derailed whatever momentum he might’ve had. After a while, it was clear Cass was just another generic big man with a forgettable gimmick as an obnoxious New Yorker/bully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back