Cesaro doesn't have the IT-factor - Rollins, Ambrose and todays wrestlers lack of IT

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
I hear many in IWC have nice sayings about Cesaro, that he's good etc.

But in my view Paul Heyman killed that momentum. First he was face, winning the Andre The Giant Royal Rumble title - than he's a Paul Heyman guy. Didn't make sense to put him behind Heyman? Did it? Well we all have different opinions but in my view he lost momentum there.

I also think many wrestlers today lack the IT-factor. Rollins don't got it, Ambrose shore don't got it(he looks more foolish).

There is no other than Cena that has the IT-factor, and Reigns is getting it to right now.

There is no stars produced. Because they don't have it in them and can't connect with the crowd.

I'ts not about technical wrestling, if it was we would see Kurt Angle 24/7. Wrestling is about entertainment, not the indy guy that can wrestle most technical matches.

And I don't see any guys have it. There are much nobodys an uncharismatic wrestlers out there.

If only Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't retire 11 years ago! He had the IT FACTOR!
They should put the strap on him EVEN IF HE DOESN'T EVER WRESTLE AGAIN! Just make him all time champion because nobody else will ever be worthy to follow in his footsteps! Just shut down wrestling, and name Stone Cold all time champ!! Boo yeah!!! That's the bottom line!

Yeah...you're an idiot. I try not to insult other posters and respect their views, but this is getting beyond ridiculous. First of all Rollins & Ambrose do have the IT Factor, I don't know what programs you're watching. Roman Reigns has the IT Factor? By quoting Superman and Looney Toons catchphrases with a big shit eating grin on his face and looking awkward as hell when saying them???? Wow...Just....just wow....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Second of all, Paul Heyman didn't cost Cesaro anything. If anyone derailed Cesaro's momentum, it was Vince McMahon. Paul Heyman and Cesaro can only do what they're told by creative and creative can only tell Heyman and Cesaro, or anyone else on the roster for that matter, what Vince McMahon tells them.

All three of the former Shield members have the "IT" factor. Especially Reigns. When he's in the ring you know he's there. The matches they put on a good to great, and when they were the Shield I can't honestly think of a bad one.

To say these three up and comers have nothing to offer, just shows how little you watch or know about the product. I don't like Wyatt, but he has the "IT" factor as well.

As for Paul Heyman, like JH said he didn't cost Cesaro any momentum. Yes it didn't make sense for Cesaro to become a Heyman guy, but that was the decision of creative not Cesaro's. His push was halted to make way for other's that Vince McMahon thought were more deserving of it.

You can disagree and I do to an extent, no problem with pushing multiple people as we've seen what happens, when some of the big names go down with injuries.

Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler are the two best young guys with the "IT" factor. Cesaro and Roman Reigns don't have it, but they have the potentially to be maybe have it one day. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, I don't see the potential in them to be true top draws. Rollins is generic and bland, and Ambrose is a comedy goofball.

I really try to avoid this guy's posts but this is ridiculous. Seth Rollins doesn't have the IT factor. Yeah OK. Seth Rollins is the definition of IT factor. Never mind the facts that his in ring ability is amazing and his mic skills are steadily improving. Look at the fact that he pretty much instantly became the #1 heel by his ability to turn the fans against him. Ambrose was easily the #2 face behind Cena during his feud with Rollins. The fans were eating every move he did and every word he said. Yeah, Ambrose has the IT factor.

AS for Reigns. I don't believe he has the IT factor but he has Vinces backing, so eventually he will discover it.

Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler are the two best young guys with the "IT" factor. Cesaro and Roman Reigns don't have it, but they have the potentially to be maybe have it one day. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, I don't see the potential in them to be true top draws. Rollins is generic and bland, and Ambrose is a comedy goofball.

You can't learn the "IT" factor, nor can you discover it, either you have it or you don't. You can learn how to do better promo's, become a better wrestler, but if you don't have the charisma, intensity or presence to get people's attention, you will never have it. It's an inherent ability that comes from the inside.

Take Swagger for example, he doesn't have it. He is bland and undistinguishable. Same with Cesaro. Put the two of them in a crowd with 100 other guys and they don't stand out. You put Rollins, Ambrose and especially Reigns in the same crowd, they do stand out.

Reigns is the very definition of the "IT" factor. The guy can wrestle a decent match, horrible on the mic, but Jesus Christ when he gets into the ring all eyes are on him. It's like everyone is waiting for him to so something special. Usually he doesn't but we keep hoping. Part of being a main eventer is having the ability to get noticed and some will never get there. Those that have all have the "IT" factor. Some more than others, but it's there.

While information technology isn't the hugely growing field that it was 20 years ago there is still tremendous opportunity for young people to get their foot in the door towards a good career. I don't think Cesaro is interested in that part of his future right now. That may be a huge mistake since not everyone can wrestler forever. These guys do need to think about life after wrestling. Then again, when does Cesaro get the chance to study? Maybe he should look at an online university. They don't have the best reputations but what other alternatives are there with Swiss people living in America that have such busy schedules?

The OP is right. Cesaro should go to photography school.

What is the 'IT' that Rollins and Ambrose don't have. They are great workers in ring, great on mic and charismatic also. They easily connect with the crowd. Ambrose was #2 babyface behind Cena (which he lost during his feud with Wyatt). Rollins is the perfect heel. He also is a great in ring worker,great on mic and the ability to get heat. Rollins and Ambrose can become top main eventers if allowed to.

As for Cesaro,yes he's great in ring but not on mic. Paul Heyman never did something to him. Had he stuck with Heyman,he should have became the top heel behind Rollins. Heyman is the best talker (and performer) on the current roster. If Cesaro should have aligned with Heyman,he must have been on heights.

Dolph Ziggler is the #2 babyface right now and he deserves to be.

You can't learn the "IT" factor, nor can you discover it, either you have it or you don't. You can learn how to do better promo's, become a better wrestler, but if you don't have the charisma, intensity or presence to get people's attention, you will never have it. It's an inherent ability that comes from the inside.

No offense, but that is the biggest load of horse sh*t I have ever heard. We're not talking about ancient mythology here, we're talking about WWE. If everyone actually believed that "you either have it or you don't" crap, then there wouldn't be a Stone Cold Steve Austin, or CM Punk or Daniel Bryan or Bray Wyatt.

While information technology isn't the hugely growing field that it was 20 years ago there is still tremendous opportunity for young people to get their foot in the door towards a good career. I don't think Cesaro is interested in that part of his future right now. That may be a huge mistake since not everyone can wrestler forever. These guys do need to think about life after wrestling. Then again, when does Cesaro get the chance to study. Maybe he should look at an online university. They don't have the best reputations but what other alternatives are there with Swiss people living in America that have such busy schedules.

The OP is right. Cesaro should go to photography school.

This right here is spot on. Yes, he should go to photography school! In terms of Rollins and Ambrose I also agree with the OP, they may not have the IT factor.. but I hear they certainly have the X-Factor and in fact their potential has the heights of stars like One Direction!

Some people make me wonder...

This right here is spot on. Yes, he should go to photography school! In terms of Rollins and Ambrose I also agree with the OP, they may not have the IT factor.. but I hear they certainly have the X-Factor and in fact their potential has the heights of stars like One Direction!

Some people make me wonder...

I totally agree but X Factor got canceled. That shouldn't stop Ambrose and Rollins from pursuing boy bandum but between Simon Cowell losing his show and the lack of successful male duos over the last twenty years (the Indigo Girls don't count) how are they supposed to get a break. Ambrose makes a terrific baritone and Rollins can play bad boy tenor but that doesn't sell records necessarily. That is where the OP is missing a major point in his soliloquy of ******ation.

Reigns is the very definition of the "IT" factor. The guy can wrestle a decent match, horrible on the mic, but Jesus Christ when he gets into the ring all eyes are on him. It's like everyone is waiting for him to so something special. Usually he doesn't but we keep hoping. Part of being a main eventer is having the ability to get noticed and some will never get there. Those that have all have the "IT" factor. Some more than others, but it's there.

Absolutely disagree. When Reigns steps out its a bathroom break for me. I just don't see what he has to offer other than the look and the spear. Sorry, for disagreeing with you, just don't get the Reigns love

Yeah...you're an idiot. I try not to insult other posters and respect their views, but this is getting beyond ridiculous. First of all Rollins & Ambrose do have the IT Factor, I don't know what programs you're watching. Roman Reigns has the IT Factor? By quoting Superman and Looney Toons catchphrases with a big shit eating grin on his face and looking awkward as hell when saying them???? Wow...Just....just wow....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Second of all, Paul Heyman didn't cost Cesaro anything. If anyone derailed Cesaro's momentum, it was Vince McMahon. Paul Heyman and Cesaro can only do what they're told by creative and creative can only tell Heyman and Cesaro, or anyone else on the roster for that matter, what Vince McMahon tells them.

Yeah Reigns got a "superstar" look. He's pretty athletic. Reminds me of Kevin Nash, Test during the Attitude Era.

Trying to have him talk like Cena isn't going work. Didn't work with Sheamus, definitely not going to work with Reigns.

True about Cesaro. Vince holds the power. If Vince wanted to, he could build up Cesaro to be the next big star before WrestleMania.

I strongly disagree and believe there are more performers who do have "it"- maybe not to the extent of Cena- but WWE tends to screw up their pushes. Whenever someone is connecting to the crowd, it's like WWE either loses patience and forces them into the main event scene, has no idea how to use said over talent, or becomes annoyed because those getting over weren't supposed to.

Cesaro- Crowds loved him around Wresltemania, but WWE chose not to make him into a face, derailing his momentum. Worse, they turned Cesaro into a jobber so that now few people seem to care.

Ambrose- Too many losses and the Rollins/Ambrose feud ran out of steam thanks to the constant blue balls.

Reigns- An overpush. He was forced into the WHC scene even though he hasn't wrestled enough singles matches. This is bad enough, but they wrote Reigns as if he were the main character of the storyline and then they had him lose. When Cena won at Money in the Bank, it was the best decision, but Reigns had the primary story going into it. Not having him- or at least his enemy- take the belt is unsatisfying.

Bray- The Cena feud was stupid and went on for too long, while the Jericho feud seemed anti-climactic. It was pretty repetitive too. Then Cena squashed him.

It's sad seeing guys like Bo Dallas, who actually did start to win over the crowd, get deflated by bad booking. Swagger suffered the same issue. Are these people main eventers? No, but they were 'over' for awhile. Mizdow will probably run out of steam do to the redundancy of his storyline.

But obviously we are all free to have our own opinions. The OP doesn't care for Ambrose or Rollins, just as I don't care for Ziggler. There was a time when the stars were universally loved (or hated), so maybe he even has a point.

I honestly corroborate you mate. Nothing else to talk about the OP's stupid comments

I kind of feel the "IT" factor is if Vince McMahon or if someone backstage likes you enough to push you.

Let's face it Roman Reigns is getting pushed to the moon but what has he done to indicate he has "IT" his matches aren't that good, this promo's are average, and his crowd reaction can be replicated by other talents.

Now I am hearing reports that WWE feels Reigns is the future and not Bryan or Cesaro. And really there's no basis to support this assumption other than bias. So really "IT" is a euphemism for personal bias and not real results.

Look at NXT it's doing great and fans love it but Vince has his bias againts it so he buries NXT talent on RAW. With that in mind it seems like what ever "brass ring" Vince McMahon was talking about is pretty hypocritical. If it was about reaching for the brass ring than Cesaro would have been pushed after WM30 and Reigns wouldn't be made to be booked to look strong for no reason other than Vince likes Reigns.

Ambrose has NOTHING going for him besides the fact that the wwe roster is so terrible that he actually gets air time. Rollins is great. Reigns will get there eventually. I don't understand this Ambrose lovefest. His matches are terrible, he looks like a nerd, and sounds like he has a cold. His mic skills are about the same as Brays...I guess. Nothing special about the guy at all, imo.

First and foremost, if you mean *it factor then Cena, and the rest have it. But honestly, the only three people who WWE has that have the IT factor of old are Dean Ambrose(if the let him put some Jon Moxley into the character), Bray Wyatt, every time he cuts a promo he is gold, and Daniel Bryan. Reigns, Cena, Rollins, all have the pretty boy IT factor, someone women can love, or hate for betraying them. But none of them are gold on the mic and in the ring.

IT Factor is the biggest pile of shit that has EVER been bandied about as an excuse for a theory in ANY field. Nothing is by accident or truly intangible, by calling guys that you're just showing you're not smart enough to understand what their skills are. Take two of the top actors in the world...

Robert Downey Jr. didn't get where he did cos he had "it factor" he had comedic talent from a young age, a showbiz family and opportunities to work as a result of the two. Over time his life struggles became part of the story and his sheer talent was recognised in serious roles like Chaplin... Then he did time... was "done", and someone took a chance on him and his talent shone through again, eventually making him the top guy in Hollywood and pretty much the most likeable... no "it factor" just a talented guy who people end up rooting for.

Hugh Jackman, a "pretty boy" to many was actually a talented stage music actor long before he donned a leather suit and fake claws... he had some choppy times at first with bad movies like Swordfish then eventually rose to his role as again, one of the more versatile actors out there... none of it is intangible for either guys.. no one looked at either and said "You've got IT!!! We're making you Wolverine or Tony Stark..."

In wrestling "it" is a convenient way to explain why some guys get more air time, success and thus money so you don't look too closely and see the Emperors New Clothes in some cases.

Steve Austin didn't have "it factor" he had excellently taught ring craft from his days learning with Chris Adams and an underutilised real life personality when he got over in 1996. All he did was be himself, it was only intangible to those who didn't "know the man" behind "Stunning Steve".

Mick Foley didn't have "it factor", he was basically a student of the game who was willing to put his body at risk more than his peers, had a surprisingly articulate and ultimately comedic way about him that he could channel into characters that belied his "wild man looks".

Bret Hart didn't have "it factor" he had a pedigree, a strong technical mindset and better than average looks for a smaller guy in the wrestling business...

Undertaker had size, natural agility and athleticism, the ability to emote through not emoting at all... and the two most important traits previously unseen levels of stamina and longevity (until this past year when that ran out) and an uncanny talent for learning from opponents quickly... it's not an x-factor, but he improved 100 times in 1996-1997 when they stopped putting him with "freak of the week" and made him a serious contender, cos he was learning exponentially from the guys he was put with.

John Cena... He didn't have "it" or Ruthless Aggression or anythng in between, he had a very sound wrestling knowledge (that is never used but evidenced in hanging with Angle and Jericho in his first 2 major matches), the ability to connect with younger fans on their level, the looks to be a poster child and sell lunchboxes and calendars and a work ethic similar to those guys already mentioned. He makes it easy for WWE to invest in him, even if we don't always see the whole picture.

See the pattern forming... all these guys are said to have "it" but never actually did, they had a solid set of traits that connected them with fans and made them worthy investments for WWE. WWE trots out the phrase for guys who don't connect or who need their "push" to mask their weaknesses. To a man they are all guys who were either not forseen to become what they did, were resisted or not used to their proper potential for several years or had to force their way into that spot, either by luck or judgement.

IT is being levelled at Roman Reigns and the other NXT graduates... only Reigns "needs" that because his pros don't outweight his cons like the others... Rollins, Ambrose, Bray all have those multiple strings to their bow. Only Reigns is being touted as a "company flag bearer" which is nuts as the last 20 years has been made up of totally leftfield candidates that were not manufactured or picked cos they had "it". Roman Reigns seems the "template" but he's actually the antithesis of what works... but like Nash in 1994, or Batista in 2005 Vince wants a big guy at the helm.

Some do get there through political means, Machiavellian manipulation and maneuvering is in itself a very valuable skill in life as well as showbiz, equally valid to any that the above guys have...

Nowhere does it become more preposterous than when you look at Daniel Bryan...

He is the ultimate "it factor" write off the one who gets dismissed with that insult most often these days...when the reality is he never had "it factor".

He had those top 5 in the world skills, a willingness to apply himself and play the machine at it's own game and the everyman quality... Kids hold Cena up as their hero, but they can look at Bryan and see their own dads or uncles or teachers... the smaller guy with the not cool look who surprises you when they actually turn out to be the coolest guy in the room when he turns out to be awesome at something you never knew he could do.

He was able to take the style no one in WWE thought he understood, much less could pull off, quietly studied it for a while and then with 2 words turned it on it's head and showed he was among the best at that style.

Stop talking about it factor because you just make yourselves look and read as REALLY dumb or not actually thinking or knowing why people succeed in show business or life. Everyone has "it factor" in that they're alive... that's where it ends.

Ambrose has NOTHING going for him besides the fact that the wwe roster is so terrible that he actually gets air time. Rollins is great. Reigns will get there eventually. I don't understand this Ambrose lovefest. His matches are terrible, he looks like a nerd, and sounds like he has a cold. His mic skills are about the same as Brays...I guess. Nothing special about the guy at all, imo.

Agreed 100%. Sadly most of the IWC is all over the Ambrose bandwagon, once again doing what WWE wants them to. Dean Ambrose is laughably bad.

Agreed 100%. Sadly most of the IWC is all over the Ambrose bandwagon, once again doing what WWE wants them to. Dean Ambrose is laughably bad.

And Ambrose is bad because...it's your opinion? Another case of a subjective opinion being termed as eternal fact. Ambrose is not your cup of tea, but your opinion doesn't make him bad.

To the OP. When was the last time you found anything interesting? Do you think if the current roster start flipping fingers and go on a swearing rampage, they'll acquire the oh-so elusive 'IT' factor? THTRobTaylor nailed it. The whole 'IT' factor is overrated. Yes, not everyone can make it. But the guys you say don't have 'IT' are the guys who are doing surprisingly well. So, yeah, you, sir, are an idiot.

Ah the ol' IWC remark, it's funny how people only ever seem to use the IWC in a negative context. "Anyone that disagree's with me is obviously a member of the IWC" blah blah blah.

You don't like Dean Ambrose, we get it. Jesus Christ do we get it. On every bloody thread regarding the man you have to chime in with your hate for him. Guess what, I'm not a huge fan of Roman Reigns, but that doesn't mean I need to comment on every thread regarding him. Why do you even watch the WWE? You apparently hate 90% of the roster.

On the topic of the thread itself, THTRobTaylor has absolutely hit the nail on the head. Let's face it, sometimes it really does just boil down to: right place, right time, right gimmick.

Whoever thought 'Stunning' Steve Austin would become a mega star? Or Rocky Maivia?

The Rock is a different story, like a Randy Savage or a Randy Orton and arguably a Chris Jericho or Angle...

These are guys who were intended to be superstars from the moment they set foot in the business and had the talent and skillsets to allow them to be that very quickly compared to their peers . They may have taken some turns on the road but those 4 guys success was never in any doubt unless again, people didn't get the business.

Look at Jericho, as early as the 1990's he was being booked as a major player around the world, despite in reality being a rookie. Guys like the Mexican and Japanese promoters, Cornette and Heyman saw more than a "pretty boy" and used him accordingly, only Bischoff seems to have really dropped the ball with him, every other promoter has always used him as something special.

Angle was a no brainer, WWE picked him early after his Olympic success and gave him as much time as was needed to hone the quality they already saw, he was a charismatic guy as well as a great technician. He was always going to be a star once the machine got him...

Rock, Savage and Orton were never going to be ALLOWED to fail long term and their skills and experience even for rookies of being around the business meant they never would. Rocky and Savage knew more about the wrestling business than most of the WWF staff when they joined, they grew up with it, they had promoters in the family and certainly in Rocky and Orton's case had serious goodwill having grown up with parents in the WWF during that early Hulkamania period. Once both Dwayne and Randy Orton grew up to be impressive physical specimens with solid athleticism and charisma, which is all both actually had then they could be given as many chances as possible until it clicked. For both they took pretty much their first one but had it not worked out they would have gotten as many as needed.

Savage's move only happened because he was going to be a player. Wherever he went in 1985, be it to Vince or the NWA he was going to be a top 3 name in the business.

A lot of 2nd Gen guys benefit from this even now... guys like Curtis Bray,Axel, Bo Dallas, Ted DiBiase Jr. have all been given multiple chances because their dads were major parts of the WWF's early success. Even Ted Sr. benefitted from his dad being a casualty and dying in the WWWF ring... It's not a shield for your career, if you suck you can be gone like a Sim Snuka or Camacho... but again it's not It factor... it is never it factor. The closest you will ever get to a guy being pushed for that reason solely is Warrior... and even then he still had other attributes that made him a star first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back