Cena's FU To Be Renamed

I agree There's a move on SvR08 that has a mmove called the widow maker which is a reveres FU or Throwback.

Wasn't that Sean O'Hare's old finisher?

If you're going to change the FU why not the STFU to the Leg Trap Face Lock or Leg Trap Sleeper, or if you're going with sports terms Sacked.

Leg Trap Sleeper wouldn't work, because it's not a sleeper hold, it's a cross face.

It'd be sensible to just change it back to the STF.

Leg Trap Sleeper wouldn't work, because it's not a sleeper hold, it's a cross face.

It'd be sensible to just change it back to the STF.
Actually, it is a sleeper. If you notice, Cena's arms cross over his opponents neck on the sides, not across their face. Thus, he is cutting off circulation of blood through the carotid artery, prevent oxygen to go to the brain.

Thus, it IS a sleeper. It's not an STF, it's an STS.

Actually, it is a sleeper. If you notice, Cena's arms cross over his opponents neck on the sides, not across their face. Thus, he is cutting off circulation of blood through the carotid artery, prevent oxygen to go to the brain.

So then surely, it's a chokehold, because he pulls across the throat with both arms as opposed to with just one arm across the throat like a traditional sleeper or the Dragon sleeper variant..

Thus, it IS a sleeper. It's not an STF, it's an STS.

So, then he's either fucking up an STF or none of the announcers know the difference

So then surely, it's a chokehold, because he pulls across the throat with both arms as opposed to with just one arm across the throat like a traditional sleeper or the Dragon sleeper variant..

So, then he's either fucking up an STF or none of the announcers know the difference
He puts both forearms around the sides of the opponents neck, across the carotid artery. Thus, it's a sleeper hold. See picture for further explanation.

656845350a1385332951b537600161l.jpg

And I truly believe the reason the announcers don't call it that is because they don't want to confuse the fans. Most fans aren't going to know the difference, so they just go with STF, rather than trying to explain.

He puts both forearms around the sides of the opponents neck, across the carotid artery. Thus, it's a sleeper hold. See picture for further explanation.

656845350a1385332951b537600161l.jpg

I understood what you meant, but like i say, that's not how actual sleepers are applied. If i had the means to post an image at work i would but i can't. Maybe later.

And I truly believe the reason the announcers don't call it that is because they don't want to confuse the fans. Most fans aren't going to know the difference, so they just go with STF, rather than trying to explain.

Lol, well based on the number of fuck ups i've heard going back about 5 years from announcers who've been there for 10 years +, i'll stick to the theory that they just don't know the difference, or Vince doesn't know the difference, seeing as how he 'constantly shouts in the headsets'

The FU was nothing but a knock off of the F5 when Cena was feuding with Lesnar. If anything, the name change is long over due, oh since, Brock hasn't wrestled for the E in 5 years. John Cena was created to be the foible to Brock Lesnar. If Lesnar didn't leave, it wouldn't have been Orton and Cena, it would ahve been Cena and Lesnar as most likely the feud of the decade.

The FU was nothing but a knock off of the F5 when Cena was feuding with Lesnar. If anything, the name change is long over due, oh since, Brock hasn't wrestled for the E in 5 years. John Cena was created to be the foible to Brock Lesnar. If Lesnar didn't leave, it wouldn't have been Orton and Cena, it would ahve been Cena and Lesnar as most likely the feud of the decade.

I thought they had that fued? Wasn't it like right after Cena had his month long fued with Taker? It was another 1 month thing between Cena and Lesnar, Cena had a title shot and lost, then the next month was Big Show beating him at Survivor Series and Cena doing nothing wasn't it?

Anway, fued of the decade has to go to Cena/Edge surely?

Cena & Lesnar feuded at Backlash 203. Nobody got behind Cena because a month before he wasn't good enough to get on the Mania card. He then did almost nothing for about 6 months.

SO.. you're saying instead of the F-U that was to Cena/Lesnar, it should be renamed to the C.K.O.? :lmao: :p

And for those who didn't/don't realize it.. the "Throwback" is incredibly stupid. Why? Oh, perhaps because his jumpover-bulldog that he does almost every match.. originally was & is called "The Throwback".

Guys, just because J.R. said it, that doesnt mean it's true. J.R. also said the Hell's gate was going to be called "the devils triangle"

In related Cena news, 12 Rounds looks better than The Marine. But it still looks like shit. Cena is the main reason for this. I could probably do a better job and I couldn't be more deadpan.

I cant wait till Cena starts coming to thr ring in boxing trunks and boxing gloves.

The movie does have something to do with boxing, right?

Nope. It has a very similar plot to The Marine, missus gets kidnapped, he has 12 tasks or something to complete before he kills the bad guy.

Oh, I thought the original was a boxers girlfriend was kidnapped or and he had to go "twelve rounds" around New Orleans. The 12 task thingy sounds better anyway.

either way it should be direct to dvd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back