• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena twist at Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

weird86

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok it is pretty obvious that were gonna see Cena with Bret in his corner against Batista with Vince in his corner. With the storyline of Bret breaking his leg that probably means he'll be in Cenas corner instead of actually wrestling. I feel and want to hear your feelings that we will see the biggest turn since Austin at WM 17. Cena beats Batista (since Batista beat him at SS 08), and him and Bret celebrate in the ring and all the sudden he gives Bret an AA, locks him in an STF and feeds Bret to Batista and Vince and all three (Cena Batista and Vince) just hold each others hands in the center of the ring standing over Bret. I would mark out HUGE for this and WWE hasn't had a true OMFG moment since Austin at WM17 at least IMO.

If this happends this will be just a waste of a storyline for us and Bret.Why will vince bring back Bret just for Cena to turn heel,If Cena could turn heel with out Bret.If some how this happends and they use Bret just to turn Cena heel.I will stop being a WWE fan.Also Bret has come back because of some bad blood between him and Vince not because of Cena,If Cena wasnt in the picture when the screw job happend.But like i said if they are using bret just to turn cena heel i will just get up and turn off the TV.

OR Bret could turn on Cena. Either way it'd be great IMO.
Like i have said in the post,This is an old rivalry between Bret and Vince and by using this storyline by bret turning on Cena,Or Cena turning on Bret this will just a waste of a time.WWE has been building this storyline over one month ago,And im sure then they wont make a big story line just for some one to turn heel.

Its the shock value of it. If Bret decides to stay longer then WM thts why I originally said Cena turn on him. WWE hasnt had a HUGE shocking moment for almost 10 years and they need one. Given Bret stays longer this would be a great way of them providing that moment and finally turning Cena into a MONSTER heel.

Remember Harts in it for the short run but Cena is in the company for as long as his body will allow him to be. Always benefit the person that stays with you the longest and a heel turn like this is a benefit in the long run.

Not really, mainstream fans have don't really have near as much desire to see a Cena heel turn now like they did a few years back, you don't hear nearly as many Boos or Cena sucks chants as you used to, mainstream wrestling fans have come to accept Cena for what he is, the companys top face, really the only people I ever see wanting a Cena heel turn anymore are the IWC, and even most of them have come to terms with the fact that it's not really that great of an idea

Correct not a great idea with what he had but if he did what I said above he would be cemented as a monster heel but more with what Im trying to say it gives WWE that OMFG moment that they really need. Thats the point no one would see Cena of all people turning heel.

This storyline allows closure to one of the most debated chapters in wrestling history. Do you really think they'll let a Cena heel turn happen during this angle on the biggest stage of them all?

Honestly, that is just stupid. It really is. If it happens then you can quote me on this all you want. It is not going to happen.

Would Bret have signed this short deal if it was going to end that way. Really?

No. This angle is for Bret and the old-school wrestling fan in all of us (even if you weren't watching wrestling when the Screwjob took place). It is much needed closure and you will not see a Cena heel turn because it would ruin the whole reason why the angle was put in place. Mark my words, not going to happen.

Correct not a great idea with what he had but if he did what I said above he would be cemented as a monster heel but more with what Im trying to say it gives WWE that OMFG moment that they really need. Thats the point no one would see Cena of all people turning heel.

OK fine, so we get one big huge moment with Cena turning heel on Bret at Mania.

What next? You just said that a Cena heel turn is not a great idea, just the singular moment. Where do they go from there? Who does Cena feud with? HHH won't care that Cena turned on Hart. EVERYONE knows that HHH still does not like Hart at all, which is why they have not interacted at all. HBK will also probably be a heel by then. Will he wrestle guys who are appalled by what he did to Hart? Cuz it appears, from what's been established on screen so far, that that list is Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, and Primo.

A Cena heel turn benefits absolutely no one at this point in time. And it will only benefit WWE at two points:
1) Cena feuds with The Undertaker. When that happens go ahead and make Cena heel, since everyone will be rooting for Taker anyway.
2)WWE is ready to build a new top face of the company.

I don't see either of these things happening for at least another year or two.

Correct it could also be a HUGE heel turn to do a Cena Rock match at Summerslam. Rock has said himself hes coming back this summer and in more ways then just guest hosting he said it himself. If Cena became a monster heel this way the buildup with him and Rock would be unreal. I meant no point of turning Cena heel before but right now esp to build a Cena Rock encounter this is the way and perfect way to do it.

I think there will be a heel turn at the Batista/Cena WM26 match but it won't be Cena. For me, the sensible thing to do is turn Bret Hart heel. Now, at present, Bret is on a short term contract, but it looks as if in real life he has patched up his issues with WWE, Shawn Michaels and Vince. So I imagine there is talk of a new contract. WWE is probably looking to stop the whole guest host thing, so there is a ready made role for Bret as a GM.

Back to my main point though. Now I can see why some people are probably tearing their hair out at my suggestion, but think about it. Cena has Batista in the STF, Batista is at the point of tapping out and Bret either pulls the ref out or distracts him, causing Cena to get up and wonder what is happening. He turns round into the BB and gets pinned 1-2-3. The Show closes with Batista & Vince looking shocked as Bret walks off or embraces them.

The next night on Raw, Bret comes down and explains why he screwed Cena. He explains that he was the Excellence of Execution, the best technical wrestler in the history of the business and he couldn't stomach his legacy finishing the way it did. He gave his life to the business and for what. To see someone like Cena as champion. He could talk about how Cena isn't fit to lace his boots and how it makes him sick to see how low the standards have dropped in the industry.

Personally I think it would be fantastic to see. Batista is great in the monster heel role and at present they should hold off the Cena heel turn til later in the year.

Shock value isn't ALWAYS for the best. I hope you don't take any personal offense from this, but that could be the worst possible way to end Wrestlemania (besides Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam, nothing can top that).

A Hulkster, oh, I mean Cena, sorry. A John Cena heel turn isn't likely for another few years (ya know, after all of his fans grow up and think of him the way we think of Hogan). He sells too much merchandise, he's the face of the company, blah blah blah, we've heard it all before. But it's true, Vince is NOT turning this guy heel anytime soon. Cena is about as PG as they come, so there's no way he's going heel.

What would be the point of having Cena attack Hart AFTER he won the title? The match is over. It's done. The excitement will be gone, the crowd will be dead.

And what could be even worse than having Cena attack Bret AFTER the match, would be for Batista to join up with Cena. How does that work? They just wrestled what will be probably a 20+ minute match, where they have brutilized one another. And you're telling me they did all that JUST to ambush Bret? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but this is one poor thought out idea.

I think a Cena heel turn is inevitable and it will happen soon, but it needs to be done right. When NO ONE expects it. It needs to be Hogan's heel turn times 10

The best way to turn Cena heel is by defeating Taker at Wrestlemania with the help of Vince McMahon. The IWC would be sucking lemons, Cena's young fans will upset because he joined up with Vince. To solidify his heel status, he could feud with Orton again (I know, I know, it's been done to death - but this time Cena would be guaranteed boos against a hugely popular Orton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back