Cena Region, Third Round, Steel Cage Match: (4) Sting vs. (5) Randy Orton

Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Cena Region. It is a Steel Cage match. It will be held at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.

Le_TD_Banknorth_Garden.jpg

Rules: The match takes place inside of a steel cage and can only be won by escape.

61a6bd397f17dd437c3cbb5ca767d58f.jpg

#4. Sting

Vs.

hqdefault.jpg

#5. Randy Orton

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Sting has a better record in steel cage matches. I recall numerous multi-man matches in WCW and a few in TNA; the crowning jewel being a victory over Hulk Hogan in a cage in Boston. I think the WCW world title was on the line. Randy Orton has lost steel cage matches to Triple H and the Miz. Both with the WWE title on the line. I think that's says everything. Sting beat Hulk Hogan. Randy Orton couldn't beat the Miz.

Sting wins.

I can see Evolution era Orton facing Sting as the Legend Killer in a cage where the reasoning is to keep Evolution from getting involved which would work for a while but when Sting tries to leave they all come and if he tried to leave through the door it would get slammed into his head, knocking him cold while Orton walks over him and out the door for the win.

I won't knock anyone for voting for Sting but don't count Orton out.

Evolution Randy didn't even hold gold. No feuds with Cena, nothing. Legend Killer was a gimmick to put him over older stars. Since Sting is supposed to be in his prime here, I'd argue the gimmick is practically useless.

Sting was defeated by the likes of Vampiro in his day, though. I don't think Orton has ever lost to somebody that low on the totem pole compared to himself. Not even Miz, who was at least a champion.

However, I am still leaning in favor of Sting, due to Ech convincing me he has the upperhand in steel cage matches. I'll vote later, to see if a better argument can be made for Randy Orton.

Evolution Randy didn't even hold gold. No feuds with Cena, nothing. Legend Killer was a gimmick to put him over older stars. Since Sting is supposed to be in his prime here, I'd argue the gimmick is practically useless.

Sting was defeated by the likes of Vampiro in his day, though. I don't think Orton has ever lost to somebody that low on the totem pole compared to himself. Not even Miz, who was at least a champion.

However, I am still leaning in favor of Sting, due to Ech convincing me he has the upperhand in steel cage matches. I'll vote later, to see if a better argument can be made for Randy Orton.
I'm assuming that gold means any title here. If yes, then he was WWE InterContinental Champion while being a part of Evolution. He won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as well while being a part of Evolution.

As for the match, I'm on fence as of now. But something to note: Randy Orton defeated Ric Flair in a steel cage match at Taboo Tuesday in 2004.

Not to be a dick here but Vampiro at his peak was a bigger draw than Orton has ever been. Also, Orton jobbed to Cesaro clean. While Orton was champion.

Going for Sting here. Just a bigger star all around.

About the gimmick, Randy Orton defeated Ric Flair and Christian in Steel Cage matches. In the same gimmick match, Batista and Seth Rollins defeated him. On the other hand, Sting defeated Ric Flair but lost to Mick Foley.

That's almost even. So, I can't decide on basis of gimmick. I'm going to vote who's the better professional wrestler and that's Sting.

Vote Sting.

I don't think a cage match is a particularly big deal for either. They've both had wins and losses in them and historically there's no sort of performer that does particularly well in either match type. Sting is a much bigger star than Randy Orton. He may not have the same number of championships, but he has certainly been a bigger deal for longer and carried a brand to success. Sting wins.

Sting was the #1 guy in two different companies for a lengthy amount of time. I love Randy Orton, but he will never be that level. There are big names and then there are stars that burn just a bit brighter called Icons.

Stinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back