Cena Region, Leeds Subregion, First Round: (14) Arn Anderson vs. (19) Dean Malenko

Who Wins This Match?

• Arn Anderson

• Dean Malenko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

first-direct-arena400x264.jpg

carousel.png

#14. Arn Anderson

Vs.

dean-malenko-04-1358099428.jpg

#19. Dean Malenko

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

A couple of very sound mid-card guys. Malenko is someone who frequently reminds me of a guy who was born in the wrong era. While he had a respectable career in ECW and WCW, I think he's someone who could have possibly thrived in the territory days had he been born circa 1935 or 1940 as he was a helluva technician and would have no trouble being a big star nearly wherever he went. Like Anderson, he was a Horseman, he was part of the final incarnation of the Four Horsemen, but he's another one of those guys who just never struck me as really fitting with that group because as great of a technician he was, he had the personality and charisma of moldy cheese.

Anderson himself was no slouch when it came to technical abilities, though he couldn't touch Malenko in that area or in quickness. Anderson's toughness and abilities as a brawler would have been able to make up for whatever shortcomings he may have had. Anderson is also one of those guys who had the gift of gab in that he could just think on promos as he was going along and could well be considered the overall heart & soul of the Four Horsemen.

Anderson strikes me as the more low down, underhanded of the two whereas Malenko is the purist. Anderson's tough and that combined with his low down dirty shenanigans winds up giving him the win over the Man with 1,000 Holds.

I'd love to see these two go toe to toe in their prime. Has it ever happened? Dean Malenko would control a fast opening of impressive, technical moves. He'd have the opening energy and would be faster than Arn for long gaps in the match. But eventually, Arn would find a weakness in Milenkos knee or arm and work on it like a vulture. Arn with a dirty win, feet on the ropes.

Just look at the two pictures of the wrestlers. Dean looks like an oiled up Chippendale and Arn looks like a nasty bear that'll beat the shit out of you then eat you afterwards.

Dean was always good in the ring, and played the straight man very well against Jericho in 98 but, he was the weak link in the radicals when it came to promos while Arn was just behind Flair in the Four Horsemen.

Arn to spinebuster and pink Malenko for me.

I loved watching Malenko, I loved his program in WCW with Jericho, but Arn Anderson takes this one. Anderson is one of the greatest mid-carders and my personal favorite of the Horsemen. Arn was absolutely better on the mic. Dean may be more technically sound, byut AA is a dirty sumbitch and would use some heelish tactic to secure his win.
Vote Arn.

Dean Malenko is an absolutely brilliant wrestler, one of the best technical wrestlers I've seen. Most of his success came in the cruiserweight division, though, and Anderson outmuscles him here.

Malenko has won a plethora of titles over the course of his career, yet I'd say none come close to the excellent first NWA TV title reign that Anderson had. They were both Horsemen, but not really the same thing. Arn was an original member and acknowledged as the heart of the greatest faction in the history of wrestling. As talented as Malenko was, he was dreadful on the mic and had little personality. Arn, on the other hand, was a great talker, had a good presence, and was also a very solid worker. He has to get some bonus points for inspiring the name for the Horsemen-talk about a pivotal moment in wrestling history. His legacy, his championships, along with some great feuds with the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Luger, Sting, Road Warriors, Windham, etc. give him the nod over Malenko.

Also, if things are looking bad, Tully comes in for the save.

Dean did some amazing things in the ring. It is a shame he had the charisma of a brick. He could have been a much bigger deal had he had an ounce of charisma in his talented body.

Arn was equally talented. A lot of people remember him being The Enforcer for Flair, and rightfully so, it was a role he excelled in. He had some pretty good TV title reigns in his day though and I think he takes this one.

If Arn could have broken through in a territory not controlled by Dusty and/or Flair, he would have been just as big, I believe. The man is a true pro, and can probably outwrestle just about anyone in this thing. Dean Malenko is right up there with him, as far as skill, but he's lacking when it comes to charisma, drawing power, and he's way behind in mic skills.

Arn would carry this match in every possible way, and pick up the win.

Arn I guess.

Not a very difficult one coz nobody cares a whole lot here. We just like Arn more.

Arn is no joke. The guy may not be as mat talented as Malenko, but he more than makes up for it by being a tough son of a bitch. Dean was legit, but outside of a cruiser environment he wasnt a big of a deal. Arn was part of possibly the best overall team in wrestling for many years. Just a much bigger deal than the awesome things Malenko did. I love the majority of both of their matches, but based on accomplishments alone you have to give this one to Arn.

Malenko was my all time favorite wrestler to watch wrestle in WCW. Sure, others were more charismatic on the mic and others were in bigger storylines, but when it came to just having a match and watching a true professional at their craft, few were better than Malenko. His matches with Rey Mysterio Jr., Juventude, La Parka, Ultimo Dragon, Benoit, Eddie, etc were far and away the best matches on Nitro week in and week out. Just can't praise Malenko enough.

Arn, also was great to watch in the ring. Add to that that he also had charisma and accomplished a hell of a lot with Olie and Tully Blanchard as tag team partners. Not to mention that, as has been said, he was sort of the backbone of the Four Horsemen and he'll go over in this match.

Vote Arn.

I don't think either of these wrestlers are as good as people think they are. Malenko was a master technician, but to be the least charismatic in a group of four that includes Chris Benoit is truly a masterstroke of being boring. Malenko's highlights in the ring were as a cruiserweight, out of the ring it was being a straight man for Jericho or perving on Lita. Anderson is a midcard wrestler that was well booked and well respected, and probably advances.

In truth, I think both deserve to be in the tournament, but neither deserve to be in the second round. As it stands, Anderson is better so on he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back