Cena Region, Leeds Subregion, Second Round: (3) Shawn Michaels vs. (14) Arn Anderson

Who Wins This Match?

• Shawn Michaels

• Arn Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

first-direct-arena400x264.jpg

shawn-michaels.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

carousel.png

#14. Arn Anderson

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

Yeah, Michaels was a major star and a multiple time world champion, whereas Anderson was a very highly respected right hand man. I can't really think of any rational reason for not voting Michaels, he would win.

Anderson was a great hand. He was great in the ring, on the mic, and was in the original Four Horsemen. Having said that, He was upper midcard and that's as far as he made it. In the grand scheme of things he's probably going to be mostly remembered for naming the Four Horsemen as we get further and further away from his glory years.

What needs to be said about HBK? He's the Show Stopper, the Headliner, the Main Event, the Icon! Quite possibly the greatest in ring performer of all time. Multiple time world champ, multiple time match of the year winner, multiple Wrestlemania main events. I mean hell, his last match was in the main event of Mania.

Shawn goes over here in a walk.

Vote HBK.

HBK. Arn was amazing and still is. An unsung hero who has recently received praise that he deserves for his work in the ring.

Shawn is last year's winner BTW, he beat Lesnar BTW. I still dunno how that happened but it was glorious.

Arn's one of my favorites of all time, so I'm not going against him here... although I doubt it's going to matter. HBK should and will win this match. Still, I was never a huge fan of Shawn, even during his second run. I could appreciate his ability and what he brought to the show but I never really connected with him like others have.

Arn on the other hand, was one of the best all-around performers in his day. Fantastic on the mic, fantastic in the ring, fantastic in his role. Guy was fantastic. Also one of the most passionate workers to ever wrestle and was brought down too early. Throw a pity vote Arn's way, let's not make this a complete blowout.

This match in, like, 1991, would have been amazing. Damn. The promos leading up to it, the matches themselves...

But the fact is, Arn would be there to make HBK look like a star, and get a 5-star match out of him. HBK wins this in just about every area, aside from mic skills and chest hair.

Undoubtedly, its Shawn Michaels. Rightfully it was said by Triple H during Shawn's HOF induction speech, "If you ask anyone backstage who's the naturally gifted talent, most of them would point out Shawn Michaels". Many gifted athletes couldn't shine in the bigger promotions, either coz of Backstage politics or some other reason but Shawn Michaels had a legendary career. He had some great feuds with Triple H, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart and the Undertaker. Not to say the least, he is one of the greatest wrestlers to step in the ring. No second thoughts in picking my favourite wrestler of all time, Shawn Michaels.

Arn was good, and an awesome number 2 in one of the greatest factions of all time, but HBK is the clear winner in this.

Many MOTY awards, WrestleMania show stealers and pioneered some of the greatest gimmick matches of all time. Shawn Michaels is one of absolute best to ever lace up a pair of boots, and the only way he's going out of the tournament is to another all time great. As good as Anderson was, he never made it to the levels that HBK ascended to in singles competition.

Shawn Michaels easily.

Anderson was really a great wrestler but the thing is that Michaels is just better than him. Accolades of HBK are way above that of Arn Anderson and that itself clarifies the winner of this match as do the polls suggest.

HBK here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back