• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena on smackdown after Wrestlemania?

ad21k

Pre-Show Stalwart
Do you think Cena could be moved to smackdown after mania, in the draft (if they have one).

I think it's a possibility this year for a number of reasons:

1)WWE are trying hard by putting stars such as HHH and Edge on the 'B show' to get the numbers up, if they are serious as pushing it as equal to Raw Cena needs to move. Thats the only sure fire way to spike numbers in my opinon.

2)A Cena/Edge feud is a proven draw, and it has been sufficently long since their last feud in my opinion to reignite it.

3)Theres the potential for a Taker/Cena feud over the title, something which hasn't been done yet but would likely be a big draw for WWE if done correctly.

4)Cena has feuded with most of the talent on the Raw roster over the last year, there is no-one really left after the culmination of the Orton feud who is a viable option at this moment in time. So basically wrestlers need to move from smackdown, or making more sense move Cena to smackdown.

5)HHH almost certainly will move to Raw, leaving a spot for a main event star.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Cena to smackdown is a smart move on WWE's part? Or do you think it would harm Raw too much?

I'd move him personally. He's become stale on RAW due to the fact that he has feuded with everyone, and hopefully Orton will go over him and take the title at 'Mania leading to an Orton/McMahon feud. Then if Edge retains at 'Mania he can go on to feud with Cena on Smackdown. Or a better option, turn HHH heel and have him feud with Cena on Smackdown. Move 'Taker to RAW. And then no doubt Edge, Christian and the Hardys will be feuding past 'Mania. Everybody wins.

I said 'feud' too much.

Cena is the top face and the top draw in the company so in my eyes you have to have him in the main show. Until Smackdown goes live, RAW will always be the top show. And until then, Cena needs to stay on RAW.

But I agree with an Edge vs Cena feud, so IF they want to end the Vickie storyline for Edge, Edge can move to RAW in the draft, but then Jericho would have to go to Smackdown as you can't have the best three heels on the same show. Then you can have Jericho-Taker, Jericho-HHH, Jericho-Hardy etc.

I definately think switching Cena over to Smackdown would be a good move. Possibly taking HHH over to Raw. I mite be wrong, but have we had a HHH/JBL feud before? I don't think I've seen one, and I definately wouldn't mind seeing it.

I would also like Taker to move to Raw to feud with people like Jericho and JBL.

Yup....

Cena needs to improve Smackdowns grade. What they should do is drop the title to Orton at 'Mania, then after a quick feud with Cena at the upcoming PPVS. Switch him to SD!. Bring HHH & Taker to Raw! Hell....... that would be crazy. I would love to see Cena/Edge feud again. And on Raw we could have Taker/Orton all over agiain. Woah.. I'm getting carried away. But anywayss yahh it would be a good move.

I like what I've read so far in some of these posts and I have to agree the intrigue of Cena moving to Smackdown its there. Think about it for a second...Cena vs Edge revitalized. Cena vs Taker, Cena vs Jeff, Cena and the Big Show there are a number of possibilities. But no doubt Triple H would have to move to Raw so there would be equal star power on both shows. Oh and to the guy who asked if there was ever a JBL/HHH feud. No there wasn't you were correct and it would be a good feud in my opinion.

wwe needs to put raw and smackdown back together the only reason wwe did this brand extention was because wcw and ecw wrestlers were staying in wwe so there would've more oportunities for titles etc, but time has changed there's not that many superstars now and some need to go(umaga,knox,etc) and the concept has changed so for me wwe will get better when all wrestlers are in both shows

hmmm jbl/hhh. The bully vs The unofficial boss of the company. Sounds like a borefest!

I would rather see Joey Styles vs JBL on ppv to be honest!

As for Cena being on Smackdown, it would create new, fresh opponents for him. Cena has become stale like Batista(who was on Smackdown for 3 or so years facing the same faces). If they don't move him across, the only other option the WWE has to making him fresh again is a heel turn, something which I have hoped for years now. The fans dont like him, so why not play on that and make him a super heel!

And dont you find it strange that the biggest heel in the WWE is Vickie Guerrero?

im liking this thread usually im falling asleep trying to read the responses but anyways im thinkin cena to sd would be money raw needs to push knox hes crazy and cena vs edge again would be a snoozefest 2000 lets see cena vs taker that would be off the chain i hate cena..

I think they need to rehaul both shows. The angles on both shows are getting stale and i think that Smackdown has surpassed Raw as the "A" show. On Raw its Cena, JBL, Jericho, HBK, Orton and Batista as the main eventers. We've seen almost all these guys in some angle with each other dating back to JBL and Cena on Smackdown in 05. Then we saw it a couple months ago on Raw when the teamed Cena with Cryme Time against JBL. Although i think there is too much talent to combine all shows, i dont see why the can't have cross promotion feuds.

cena to smackdown is literally heaven for me as i dont watch smackdown much (i do sometimes for edge jeff hardy and hhh), he gets off the show i watch as unless hes heel he is incredibly boring, edge to raw should happen as hes bin on smackdown for ages now and cena jericho should swap for edge (raw already has a top face replacement in cm punk) i think a main eventer could be john morrison and surely this year is the year it happens so how would that effect things

I think moving Cena to smackdown is the only way to push CM Punk back to the top( and hopefully he stays this time). Punk is really over with the fans and I think they should start pushing him for a showdown with Orton at WM26 for the title. It could be done. Have him feud with Jericho after WM25, and at the same time reintroduce DH Smith back on Smackdown. When the draft comes Smith can come to Raw and try to impress legacy. So, one night right before a title match Smith could brutally attack Punk forcing him to relinguish the title(dejavu). He could then feud with legacy at some point bring Michaels in to help him and maybe set up a mini feud with them before Mania. I know i'm getting ahead myself, but I think it could work as long as Cena goes to smackdown. I don't care what happens to Cena there either because I'm not a fan of him, anfd I don't really watch SD!

Do you think Cena could be moved to smackdown after mania, in the draft (if they have one).

I think it's a possibility this year for a number of reasons:

1)WWE are trying hard by putting stars such as HHH and Edge on the 'B show' to get the numbers up, if they are serious as pushing it as equal to Raw Cena needs to move. Thats the only sure fire way to spike numbers in my opinon.

I beleive the main reason they are putting so many established stars on SD! right now is because right now not everyone has the network that SD! is on, and I'm thinking that they figure by putting so many huge stars that people already love on that brand that the people who don't have the channel yet will call their cable/satellite provider and complain until the do get the channel added, right now I can't see them wanting to put a guy as big as Cena on that show, he is more needed on Raw ATM

2)A Cena/Edge feud is a proven draw, and it has been sufficently long since their last feud in my opinion to reignite it.

This is very true, and I would love to see another Cena/Edge feud but personally I would rather they wait and save it for WM26, instead of wasteing it right off the bat on a bunch of "B show" PPVs, like Backlash, JD, or ONS

3)Theres the potential for a Taker/Cena feud over the title, something which hasn't been done yet but would likely be a big draw for WWE if done correctly.

There is also potential for this feud happening on RAW if they were to move Taker over, and for the record it has been done, though not since Cena has become the huge ME draw he is today

4)Cena has feuded with most of the talent on the Raw roster over the last year, there is no-one really left after the culmination of the Orton feud who is a viable option at this moment in time. So basically wrestlers need to move from smackdown, or making more sense move Cena to smackdown.

Or they could go with option C, and actuelly develop and push some new talent instead of relying on wrestlers in their 40s to carry the ME with Cena

5)HHH almost certainly will move to Raw, leaving a spot for a main event star.

They'll have Jeff Hardy on SD! still, who for reason I will never understand is incredibly over, they'll also have MVP who is on the verge of becoming a ME level guy himself, that is if they push him right

What are your thoughts? Do you think Cena to smackdown is a smart move on WWE's part? Or do you think it would harm Raw too much?

I think Cena should stay put, move Taker and possibly Edge over to Raw and send a couple guys over to SD! to fill the hole those two will leave, like maybe Punk, and Jericho who personally I think would both benefit more from a switch, they wouldn't really even need to do a draft, just make a trade

Cena is the top star in the company and as the top guy he should be on the top show, which would be Raw, smart business would tell you he needs to stay put

Putting Cena on SD would be great for WWE. We'll not only get to possibly see Edge vs. Cena again, but Cena vs. Taker (if he doesn't move), Cena vs. The Hardy's (seperately), Cena vs. MVP & Cena vs. The Brian Kendrick. Either that or have CM Punk turn heel and face Cena.

Cena to SD could be awful. Right now, he's the biggest face on the show followed by who, Rey? With Batista out of action for who knows how long, tehre's no need to send him over there with Hardy, HHH and Taker being the huge faces that they are. I'm not saying Cena would get lost in the shuffle, but he's in a good place where he is. He's the undisputed biggest star on Raw and in the company, so why not put him on the flagship show? Without him, Raw is really, really bland. Smackdown doesn't need any more big names right now.

Assuming the WWE has a draft in 2009 and 2010, I rather Cena be drafted to Smackdown next year than this year. The big factor for this is Batista's injury. Let's say Cena gets drafted this year. Somebody has to go over to Raw and that person would most likely be HHH. Who knows how long it will take for Batista to reach full strength. Raw needs a second main-event face if you don't consider HBK and Cena has been great at the moment.

Fast forward to next year: Batista is back and better than ever and he already gets the same kind of pops as Cena. I think that would be the time for him to go to Smackdown as I predict that Punk would reach main event status by then. Cena could have feuds with Edge, Shelton, and Big Show (if he's still there). I would love to see a Cena/Undertaker for the title as their feud in 2003 was pretty good. The Smackdown ratings would boost higher than when HHH was drafted to Smackdown. You could still send HHH over to RAW and have him and Batista be the top two faces there and you have Cena, Jeff Hardy, and the Undertaker as the top faces on Smackdown.

cena would be great on smackdown. it'd shake things up abit since he's been on raw for so long and batista is back there. i'd assume if thatd happen triple h would leave for raw to replace cena. maybe jericho going to smackdown would be really cool too. you'd have a new group of main eventers never together before with the likes of edge/Taker/cena/Jeff Hardy/Jericho/Umaga/big show. raw would also have a nice blend as well with triple h/ orton/ hbk/ jbl/ kane/ batista/ rey mysterio. if kurt angle and rvd came back, you could also split each of them up on a show and REALLY shake things up.

No I don't Cena should move from RAW to Smackdown. That would leave RAW with only Batista, JBL, Randy Orton, and HBK in the main event spot on RAW and of course a part-time main eventer in CM Punk. We've already seen JBL vs. Batista, Randy Orton vs, HBK, Batista vs. HBK etc. Granted Cena has faced most of these guys, but none of them are as over as Cena except for maybe Randy Orton.

Not to mention RAW is the A-Brand, and Cena is the top wrestler in the WWE, it only makes sense that he stays on the brand. Smackdown's main event scene is solid right now, and really doesn't need Cena, nor does Cena need it. Not to mention at this point, Cena has recently faced off or has faced off with most of Smackdown's main eventers except for Kozlov, and in the end Cena would more than likely be booked to beat him too.

i would move cena to smackdown and move triple h to raw..then have triple h face orton for the title and have batista come out and screw triple h out of the title and turn him heel and have orton and batista form a team to face triple h to get payback from the evolution days and then have triple h team up with shawn michaels to get redemption....and on smackdown have john cena vs a heel undertaker(yes i just said a heel undertaker) and have jeff hardy and christian vs matt hardy and edge(after edge has lost the title to cena or taker of course

Hell yes, ive always been about them sending Cena over to SD!. Ive also always felt that RAW should be more for mature audiences, and SD! should keep their early time slot, and be for much younger audiences. Cena is the quintisessental role model super baby face for the childrens, and thusly, would do very well on the show. I knwo the ENTIRE umbrella of WWE programming seems to be going towards more child oriented stuff, but its always been my vision of it. Its harder to say now, with the lessening of mature adult content, its not really necessary. As stated earlier, there isnt a whole lot else on RAW, and Cena basically carries the show.

No way. I am sorry, but Cena is the biggest man on Raw right now and he needs to stay. If Cena isn't getting fresh feuds, then move people to Cena.

Cena draws on Raw and he will be drawing with Raw all summer (the best summer can draw) Facing Orton and Legacy.

Cena and Edge can wait a couple years, I would much rather see it at Wrestlemania 27 than at 26. They will be the WWE's top wrestlers for a few years, give it some time. The current product is actually very fresh as it is.

Smackdown is great as it is, I fear that the draft will actually hurt this. The only two people I would be alright with having on Smackdown is the two people they brought to Raw, Mysterio and Batista.

I have a feeling we will be seeing Taker and Cena wrestle at WM 26, but that can happen many different ways. Taker could win the title, and then we could have Cena win the Rumble next year. He would then challenge The undertaker, and actually lose (That would be great, Streak vs Rumble winning Cena). Or switch it up and bring Undertaker over to the red show.

Cena is actually not bad at all on Raw, and the feuds there can be fresh. Cena has already feuded with multiple guys on Smackdown, so keep Cena from them for a couple years. Those other feuds (Jeff or Matt, Christian if he returns, Edge) can wait a few years.

Warning: Complicated and long post coming up.

Its all about balance, not overkill.

If you look into the main event and the upper midcarders that could substitute for main event people if need be, the WWE has 24 people for all 3 shows. There's a balance between them even if its unintentional, for the most part, that needs to be maintained, and this is one of the reasons when rosters can seem like garbage (particularly because of a need to have ECW take some of them instead of relegating 12 for Smackdown and 12 for Raw....which would make 6 heels/6 faces for each show).

You can't have Chris Jericho and Edge on the same show, as both of them are top heels that get lots of mic time and have rather similar movesets (generic, not a difference between a high-flyer and a monster).

Undertaker and Batista are essentially equals in a lot of ways. Both can be booked as the "big man face" on the brand to face people like Big Show and Umaga, but both can also work with smaller guys like Orton and Morrison.

Big Show and Umaga is an example of two monsters being on a show and having no purpose for both, while Raw currently has no big monster heels. Big Show would be better served on Raw at the moment while Umaga is on Smackdown and Mark Henry is on ECW. All three shows get a big guy.

In a lot of ways, you can balance out Raw and Smackdown getting a combination of Hardy + Kennedy / MVP + CM Punk. All three of them are upper midcarders essentially that could easily be pushed into the main event, but if you had all 4 on a show, it'd be overkill, as that'd be 4 young and inexperienced guys of roughly the same size and age.

So this thread talks about Cena being moved to Smackdown. Well, the only way that can happen is logically for Triple H to move back to Raw, as HHH and Cena sort of balance each other out, since HHH isn't willing to be the one who takes a back seat to being top face on a brand (like HBK was on Raw, sitting behind both Cena and Batista).

Cena being moved over to Smackdown would've worked better when the brand was on the CW network as that was available to mostly everyone in the country as it was a non-cable station. HHH, as much as he wants to be, is not a mainstream name. His move over to Smackdown didn't do as much for it as Cena would've had. For the appeal of the kids as well as balancing out the wrestlers strengths and weaknesses, and ignoring who has been on what shows and what rivalries have and have not been seen recently, the ideal cards for main event faces would be:

SMACKDOWN: Cena, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, MVP, and Mysterio
--Tell me that doesn't scream popular with the kids, mainstream appeal, the "something for everyone" appeal that they're always worried about (Cena for the average joe, Undertaker for sci-fi, Hardy for the emo crowd, MVP for the black crowd, Mysterio for the Hispanic audience). It also gives you two bonafide main event guys that could win the title at any time (Cena and Taker) with two guys that could be pushed to that spot (Hardy and MVP) and one guy that could fill in but is essentially an upper-midcarder (Mysterio). It also gives you two high-flyers (Mysterio/Hardy), one big man (Undertaker), and two generic wrestlers (Cena/MVP).

RAW: HHH, Batista, HBK, CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy
--Edgier group of people for the non-cable version. You've got your big man (Batista), your wrestlers (HHH and Kennedy), your high-flyers (HBK and Punk, to an extent). You've got your upper midcarder (Kennedy), your bonafide main event guys (HHH and Batista) with two people that could win with the slightest push (HBK and Punk...HBK thrown in to balance Hardy just because of Shawn's frequent injuries and how he doesn't want to be champion). Perfect balance from Smackdown.

ECW: Matt Hardy, Kane, Finlay
--Half the time slot, half the main event people needed. Kane is your big man, Matt is your high-flyer, Finlay is your wrestler.

WWE can't just throw Cena over to Smackdown the way it is right now or else it'll kill Raw's already suffering main event scene. They also can't trade him over in place of someone like Mr. Kennedy, because that upsets the balance. That would be like considering a Randy Orton and Shelton Benjamin trade being equal. Shelton could easily fit in the upper midcarder spot on those shows, but he's not a top heel.

Cena going over to Smackdown could make a lot of sense as its the show that isn't on cable, and if the WWE wants to go PG as much as they can, then they can use Smackdown for more of their PG things while letting more of their edgier stuff take place on Raw. But it can't happen without the scales being equal.

Fin.

I Think moving cena to Smackdown would be very bad for buisness. I would lve the idea of cena on SD but Cena is the star of the company right now so he shuld and will stay on the flagship show at least until batista gets back or Cena turns heel(which unfortuanly will not happen)

Hell no. Keep Cena on raw. what happens if you move him to Smackdown? its Edge HHH and Cena all over again for another year and I myself could not handle that. I cant see Cena moving to Smackdown. They need him on Raw as there isnt many ME'rs on Raw that is face that wants to be Champion.

The only good thing that would come out of it would be Cena vs the Undertaker. but there is nothing stopping an Interbrand cross over to make that happen.

Keep Cena on Raw.

Big Show and Umaga is an example of two monsters being on a show and having no purpose for both, while Raw currently has no big monster heels.

In a lot of ways, you can balance out Raw and Smackdown getting a combination of Hardy + Kennedy / MVP + CM Punk. All three of them are upper midcarders essentially that could easily be pushed into the main event, but if you had all 4 on a show, it'd be overkill, as that'd be 4 young and inexperienced guys of roughly the same size and age.

ECW: Matt Hardy, Kane, Finlay
--Half the time slot, half the main event people needed. Kane is your big man, Matt is your high-flyer, Finlay is your wrestler.

Fin.

Those points are just a few i disagree on, or have problems with. First of all Raw has Mike Knox, and Kane as your big monster heels. (Kane seems to switch from face to heel and back to face every week atm)

Hardy is hardly inexperienced, he's been in WWE for about 10 years now. Longer than Cena and Batista, although he hasn't been a main eventer like Cena and Batista, he's definately experienced.

Matt Hardy isn't a high flyer. Kane is more of a high flyer than Matt Hardy.

I say switch Jericho, Cena for HHH and Edge. Then we can have a HBK v Edge feud, Jericho v Undertaker feud, HHH v JBL feud, Cena v Kozlov feud...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back