• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena Injured?

I'm not too big of a fan of Cena, but he's been winning me over a little bit lately due to them downplaying the whole "Superman" aspect. Letting him lose now and again has helped him out tenfold in my opinion.

Would I be happy if he was out for a little while? Yeah, but only if a little while is like a month or two. Would I be happy if he's out for over a year? Hell no. How would Raw survive?

Really, in all honesty...how is Raw going to survive Cena being out for a year?

Look at the roster:

MAIN EVENT FACES: Batista, HBK, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio (the latter two are really stretching it as they're more "upper midcard")
MAIN EVENT HEELS: Y2J, Kane, JBL, Orton

MIDCARD FACES: Kofi Kingston, D-Lo Brown,
MIDCARD HEELS: Paul Burchill, Lance Cade, William Regal

TAG TEAM FACES: Cryme Tyme
TAG TEAM HEELS: Team Priceless

JOBBER FACES: Paul London, Jamie Noble, Hacksaw
JOBBER HEELS: Snitsky, Santino Marella, Charlie Haas

?????: Hardcore Holly, Chuck Palumbo, Deuce, Val Venis, Primo Colon

Good lord, that's a TERRIBLE roster. Two tag teams? FIVE people in the midcard that aren't jobbing out left and right? A kid (Primo) who isn't very impressive but so many roster members are either out on injury or just staying home for no reason (Venis, Holly, Palumbo, Deuce, Mysterio, Orton). I mean, come on...we can't seriously start pushing Hacksaw into the midcard and we can't honestly sit through Punk/JBL anymore.

WWE is in serious need of some more talent. Cena leaving hurts Raw more than a lot of people are willing to admit, just because they don't like the guy as the more people you have, the more flexibility you have, and with a guy like Cena that you can depend on for the main event, it allows you to open up littler feuds with people like Mysterio that can never be taken too seriously in main event spots.

Well I hope everyone enjoyed there red rep that I just dished out. Seriously, to be happy because someone is injured (no fate this doesn't pertain to you, you're happy because he's gone, not happy that he has to have neck fusion surgery) is disgusting and is a damning example of why our society is a shit hole right now.

Seriously, you're happy because a guy that works and bust his ass, whether you like him or not, gets injured performing for the ungrateful crowd. That's sick, and really, you should be ashamed of yourselves. To be happy because a guy is going to have neck fusion surgery is a damning statement and a terrible indictment of yourself. You're only showing your ass to the rest of every body on here. So be faceless, hide behind your computer because you are to big of a coward to say anything in real life.

Seriously, how anyone could be happy that someone is injured in anything is plain stupid.

"John Cena is suffering from a herniated disk in his neck and will be out indefinitely." I think this is has been the greatest summer ever after reading that statement. Hate me if u want but I have no sympathy for Cena. He plain and simple sux and I hope he takes a VERY LONG TIME to come back. Those of u who think WWE will suffer with this "loss", I disagree. Raw was doing just fine when he injured his triceps and with the fresh new talent Vince is pushing on Raw, it will be a breath of fresh air without stupid wannabe wrestler/rapper Cena. I don't agree with putting Mysterio into the matchup cause anytime he is pushed into the main event it never ends well for him. Rey and Cena should never have been World Champions and if Brock never left and Batista had never been injured, they would never have been. Cena and his stupid gimmick are lame, gay and very boring, and all 3 of his reigns were worse than JBL's WWE Title run (Yes I really just said that). I thought the "E" in WWE stood for Entertainment. Cena is anything but entertaining, I don't care who says he hasn't been that bad recently, he still sux and I hope he never becomes champion again. Bottom line, Cena's gone and I am VERY VERY VERY glad and I hope he never comes back.

So, if Cena was killed next at a house show after a move was botched, would you finally be able to rest in peace? Dude, Cena busts his ass and, like every wrestler, puts his body on the line and risks everything to entertain the fans, yet you and some others on this thread think that there is a God because Cena is injured and is gone for almost a whole year. That is really disgusting and really disrespectful.

And Raw IS suffering from this loss. With Cena out for a while and Orton gone for who knows when, AND with Vince firing people, the Raw roster is drastically being lowered. They only have a handful of guys left now and ratings might be hurting A LOT. You see how kids react to Cena: They look up to him, just like the parents look up to Punk for not drinking, smoking, or having sex before marriage.

You say that Cena's gimmick sucks? THEN DON'T WATCH RAW. You'd be wasting your time. And when you said the "E" stood for entertainment, you said that Cena wasn't entertaining. If that is so, then the same could be said for many others in the business.

I'm not a Cena fan, but I have been impressed with him lately as his character seems to have an edge at the moment and he has been putting some very good matches. Cena is the face of the WWE and he is a huge PR machine outside the ring with his work for the Make A Wish Foundation so I think the WWE will be massively affected by Cena's injury. I just hope he has a speedy recovery

I am not the biggest Cena fan but I do respect what he brings to the WWE and his talent. There is no denying his work ethic and passion for the buisness. He is electric and will be missed deeply by Raw and the WWE. His loss is tremendous along with Orton. Not sure what they will do in order to combat this but Raw is in even more trouble than they already are.

I don't like Cena. I'm saying this from the outset.

However, I feel this is a huge loss to WWE, simply because John Cena works his ass off every night to entertain fans, whether they cheer or boo, he goes out and he puts on a show to the best of his ability. Whether you think him awful in the ring 'You can't wrestle' etc... the fact is, that John Cena is good at what he does.

Now...before I get someone going that he only knows 5 moves...how can he be good at what he does? Really, how much of wrestling is knowing moves. Dean Malenko claimed to know 1000, where is his World Title (He didn't get one), same for Perry Saturn, Charlie Haas. They don't have one because they aren't good at making the fans feel anything.

So what if he held the belt for a year and is pushed to the moon...the guy makes people care, and RAW and WWE as a whole doesn't have that right now.

Bottom line - for me, I wish John Cena a speedy recovery, not because I enjoy him work, but because he puts his everything into what he does

I don't hate Cena (before I did in his most annoying period), I'm not a fan of Cena, his character gets to me most times and his so-choreographed 5 set moves but for someone to enjoy his injury is disgusting. I"m extremely glad though that RAW will receive a break from him and so will I for a while. And oh believe me, WWE will be ok till he returns. But as for Cena, hope his recovery goes well. Him and HHH are the most dedicated to the business and that truly is respected.

But I think this is the right time to send over Edge. They should do it and do it now even if it's only for the time between Cena's injury. And as for Cena, they should build up the Batista/Cena feud till WM (if injury permits early recovery) with Cena in vignettes and hype it by turning Batista heel and having him tell Cena that he's lucky he's injured because the amount of infliction he planned to do to him would be beyond what he's experiencing. So we have a heel Batista vs face Cena at WM.

Edge can start a feud with Punk so we see enough of just JBL/Punk, cross brand Edge from RAW to Smackdown, have him even continue his storyline with La Familia and Taker I guess or something else then after Edge/Punk feud, set a Sid/Punk feud up (If Sid really comes and is real good enough to face for title at mega event) for WM while Edge makes something for himself on SD for Mania.

correction on cenas injury update NOW IT APPEARS THE SURGERY WAS SUCCESFUL AND CENA WILL ONLY BE OUT 2-4 MONTHS. THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR THE WWE AS NOW CENA COULD BE BACK BY THE RUMBLE AND BUILD FOR MANIA MATCH. THIS IS POSITIVE TO SAY THE LEAST AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WORSE AND BE LIKE 16 ONTS INSTEAD. RAW CAUGHT A HUGE BREAK HERE ON THIS ONE.

The good news seems to be that Cena will only be out a few months which I think is the best scenario for both Raw and the rest of the roster. It allows Cena to be refreshed as well as revamped, and it lets some new talent have a few months to feud and build themselves up. I'm liking Cena sort of being down in the lower main event lately. Now that he's not the focal point of the show he's far better than he used to be, if nothing else less annoying. Raw could definitely benefit from this, and with this new diagnosis, I don't think it could be much better.

I can't see why everyone is saying this a good for him as he can return 'refreshed'. He only came back 8 months ago and people went nuts when he came back. He still gets mixed reactions with the crowd every single week so its not like his return from January helped him very much. I can't see how being away for 3 months is going to suddenly refresh his character. I'm a huge Cena fan and I do wish him a speedy recovery. That live crowd was awful this past week. When the General Manager announced he was injured and wasn't able to compete at Unforgiven, half of the crowd cheered for that.

I really hate it when the crowd cheers because a superstar is really legitimately injured. Heel or face, nobody should ever cheer when somebody gets severely injured. The guy entertains me every single damn week, and thats all that counts. He draws ratings and always puts on a decent match no matter who he is wrestling. He is a huge asset to the WWE and I can honestly say, that Raw wont feel the same without him. Nobody should still be saying he is booked like 'superman' as he has lost more pay per view matches than he has won and has lost some high profile matches. But most importantly, he hasn't got close to holding the belt since he returned. Sure he has had some title matches, but he never won them cleanly to win the belt.

I also can't understand when people say "Raw and I will receive a break from him". The guy hasn't been the focal point of the show for quite a while. Sure the Batista vs John Cena match was the focal point of the show a few weeks ago, but that was mainly for the first time ever match that people wanted to see. Cena always delievers every single night and is dedicated to the business. His pay per view matches this year have impressed me greatly. Cena vs Triple H, Cena vs Batista and Cena vs JBL (Parking Lot Brawl match) have all been matches that Ive throughly enjoyed. I also enjoyed his match with Jeff Hardy on Raw from a few months ago.

I hope he returns around December as I think that would be the best time for him to return as he can get a proper build up to the Royal Rumble and to Wrestlemania as I assume he will be involved in a high profile match at those events. Hopefully this is the last injury he has for quite a while as the WWE really needs him right now in my opinion. I wish him all the best in returning to the ring and when he does, you can bet your ass he will return more focused and determined than ever before.

I think it would be great for Cena if he came back in January and won the Rumble again. I think at that point Batista will be WHC anyway so they can start to build their feud up again for Wrestlemania. I think HBK is the only man to ever win the rumble back to back so this would be great for Cena's career. Plus he's kinda on a losing streak lately so the time off will do him so good. Those are my thoughts and I just wanna say I wish John Cena a speedy recovery and hope he comes abck as soon as possible.

So, Cena's out 2 to 4 months. I guess the next step for him is focusing on his movie, which should be released this year? i dont know. But what I know is: WWE and Cena were lucky, AGAIN.
As everybody else, I'm hoping to see a big comeback at the Rumble. Not sure if in the Rumble match though, I would like to see him in a 1 on 1 vs Batista, but i guess that wont be possible...
Hopefully the guy will have a speedy recovery.

Good news that he won't miss WM25. A matchup against either Mysterio, Batista, the Undertaker or finally one on one with the lights on bright against Randy Orton (damn Triple H for ****ing himself into that match), would be a much needed fix to what is sure to be a super card for the ages.

Now I disagree that he should come back and win the Rumble. It's too predictable at this point, and makes last year look like a sham, in some sort of weird way. Someone mentioned that only Michaels has won back to back Rumbles, untrue, Hogan and Austin did as well. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Cena comes back to win the Rumble, I'm just not sure that's what should happen.

Well I'm glad to hear that Cena's injuries are not as bad as first thought. I mean really who honestly wants to see any of these guys be severly hurt? So this opens up a lot of questions. Though still in a program with Batista, Cena was in the ME at Unforgiven, where he could very well have won the title. Now with him out from anywhere from 2 to 4 months obviously that wont happen. So where does that leave Batista? To feud with Kane possibly till Rey comes back, then have Batista play as Rey's bodyguard against Kane or something?

As far as his return. I really don't think it'd be a good idea to have him come back at the Rumble. They did it last year, and it will quickly become old. Much like a tie in the Royal Rumble. It's old and repeatitve. So when he comes back I'd love to see it be around Survivor Series. If not possibly in a match against Batista at the Rumble even. I just hope Cena doesn't rush back to the ring. I still think that he came back too early and risked getting really badly injured... However it is Cena, and overall I guess it's his choice once he's cleared to wrestle, which you gotta respect.

I have a feeling what we're going to see is Cena return to have a match against Batista at Survivor Series (assuming he's healed enough by then) in order to not only accomplish the "rematch scenario", but also how he'll blame his injury on Batista.

Batista won the first one...Cena wins at Survivor Series. Then, it depends. If one of them holds the title, they might screw up WrestleMania by having the rubber match there for the title. I think that would be better suited as the non-title feud, though, similar to how we had Batista/Umaga and HBK/Flair last year.

When Adamle said Cena was out indefinitely, I knew this wasn't good. Cena may miss a year's worth of action because of his neck-fusion surgery, that's a pretty big setback. Unlike his last injury, I doubt he will be able to make a surprising early return this time, the WWE is going to have to wait it out. I am not a fan of Cena, but I was interested in his feud with Batista, and that will be put on hold obviously. I am now wondering if the WWE is going to take advantage of this and turn either Cena or Batista heel. Batista could turn heel by admitting that he is glad that he injured Cena, or Cena could turn heel by screwing Batista out of a World title shot when he returns. It looks like WWE made a good move giving the World title to Punk and having Triple H retain the WWE title against Cena at NOC, because it would have been a waste if Cena currently had either title. He would have lost the title to an injury, just like last year, hindering a potential star's push.

Hmmm...I'm thinking this might be a work. Is that possible? It's just a bit suspicious that they first say "Cena out for a year" and then "Cena back by the Rumble". Dodgy doctoring there, eh? And realistically, Cena was totally stuck. They've kept the belt off him for ages, they've mostly kept him out of the title picture, they've had him feud with JBL (a really over heel) - and he still gets booed. Massively booed in that recent mini-feud with Batista.

And what good is a face that gets booed? They're stuck. They can't give the belt back to Cena, the boos would be ridiculous, and they can hardly turn him into some kind of upper-class jobber (a la Kane or JBL), not after they pushed the unbeatable "Super Cena" for so long. And he's fast running out of possible non-title feuds.

So I think this is a work. They can cope without him for a couple of months. The little kiddies will still buy his merchandise, and I think they're banking that the success of straightedge Punk will mean that the kids won't turn off their TVs. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cena comes back with a revamped gimmick, maybe even as a heel, claiming that the surgery has "scarred him". Certainly there's no way Cena and Batista on the same brand is going to work in a million years when they're both faces, not when they appeal to basically the same crowd marketing-wise. Surely someone at the WWE has the brains to realise this? I think they already have.

I can't see why everyone is saying this a good for him as he can return 'refreshed'.
While it isnt good he is injured it is good that he has some time off. i want him to come back fresh. and by fresh i mean a heel. it would be the best thing for him.

He only came back 8 months ago and people went nuts when he came back. He still gets mixed reactions with the crowd every single week so its not like his return from January helped him very much.
If the crowd still booed him its about time they freshen up his character, its as stale as the bread in my cuboard.
I can't see how being away for 3 months is going to suddenly refresh his character.
It will if the WWE uses their brain and creates a new fresh gimmick for him. they will have three months to think of a good gimmick. that hopefully is a heel.
I'm a huge Cena fan and I do wish him a speedy recovery.
I am not a huge cena fan but I also wish him a speedy recovery. an injury that big is something i wouldnt wish upon anyone.
That live crowd was awful this past week. When the General Manager announced he was injured and wasn't able to compete at Unforgiven, half of the crowd cheered for that.
What you have to remember is some and i do mean some not all of them might think its a work. but yeah the people who cheered becouse of that should be disgusted in themselves.
I also can't understand when people say "Raw and I will receive a break from him". The guy hasn't been the focal point of the show for quite a while. Sure the Batista vs John Cena match was the focal point of the show a few weeks ago, but that was mainly for the first time ever match that people wanted to see. Cena always delievers every single night and is dedicated to the business. His pay per view matches this year have impressed me greatly. Cena vs Triple H, Cena vs Batista and Cena vs JBL (Parking Lot Brawl match) have all been matches that Ive throughly enjoyed. I also enjoyed his match with Jeff Hardy on Raw from a few months ago.
When he was fueding with JBL i really thought the wwe was putting most of their focus on that but i might be wrong.
I hope he returns around December as I think that would be the best time for him to return as he can get a proper build up to the Royal Rumble and to Wrestlemania as I assume he will be involved in a high profile match at those events. Hopefully this is the last injury he has for quite a while as the WWE really needs him right now in my opinion. I wish him all the best in returning to the ring and when he does, you can bet your ass he will return more focused and determined than ever before.

Now while i think it sucks that he is injured, if he does the same thing as last year I will stop watching him ever again. it seems to me that that is what they are doing but i fucking hope not.

now back on complete topic, I hope that Cena dont come back before he is ready. The worse thing this guy can do is comeback early and injure himself again. He is to big of a superstar to end his career for a month or twos ratings. I hope this is what i feel it is. A work to turn him Heel. but I doubt it. I hope he gets better soon and doesnt over do it just to come back sooner.

I'm glad he is only out for a short while as I don't wish injuries on anyone, especially wrestlers I have never been a fan of. I think he will be involved in the Rumble match, but I just hope they don't have him the Rumble as I would like a young promosing wrestler like Jeff Hardy or MVP win the Rumble. I would hate if he is in the main event at Wrestlemania as he would have been in it for 5 years running so I think they should put him in the Money In The Bank ladder match at Wrestlemania as it will give him a chance to do something different as he uses the same 5 moves every match (throwback, 5 knuckle-shuffle, sit-down powerbomb. FU and STFU)

While it isnt good he is injured it is good that he has some time off. i want him to come back fresh. and by fresh i mean a heel. it would be the best thing for him.

He sells way too much merchandise to turn heel. And if he does continue his feud with Batista, it should be Big Dave who turns heel. Raw has already got decent heels and by the time Cena comes back, Randy Orton would have returned so therefore could overshadow a possible Cena heel turn as Orton is arguably the best heel on Raw right now.

If the crowd still booed him its about time they freshen up his character, its as stale as the bread in my cuboard. It will if the WWE uses their brain and creates a new fresh gimmick for him. they will have three months to think of a good gimmick. that hopefully is a heel.

It depends because some weeks he actually gets cheered a fair bit. It changes on a week to week basis. But his gimmick does need a little changing but so does Batista's.

an injury that big is something i wouldnt wish upon anyone. What you have to remember is some and i do mean some not all of them might think its a work. but yeah the people who cheered becouse of that should be disgusted in themselves.

Exactly. Nobody should wish an injury upon anyone. The fact that half of that crowd cheered when they were told Cena is injured, made me sick to my stomach. I doubt many of the live crowd thought it was a work anyway as Cena was pulled from his pay per view match.

When he was fueding with JBL i really thought the wwe was putting most of their focus on that but i might be wrong.

Not really. The focus was on Priceless and Cryme Time as well as Cena and JBL. The newly crowned champion CM Punk was also a main focus on Raw at that time. But the Cena vs JBL feud was argubly the best feud on Raw at that time.

Now while i think it sucks that he is injured, if he does the same thing as last year I will stop watching him ever again. it seems to me that that is what they are doing but i fucking hope not.

I hope he doesn't return at the Royal Rumble too. I doubt the WWE will go down that route again as I think either Jeff Hardy or Mr Kennedy should and will win the Royal Rumble match in January.

now back on complete topic, I hope that Cena dont come back before he is ready. The worse thing this guy can do is comeback early and injure himself again. He is to big of a superstar to end his career for a month or twos ratings. I hope this is what i feel it is. A work to turn him Heel. but I doubt it. I hope he gets better soon and doesnt over do it just to come back sooner.

Yeah, he shouldn't return before December in my opinion. I don't think the WWE is stupid enough to take that risk again anyway. But knowing John Cena, he will want to return as soon as possible as he has an amazing work ethic that is unmatched at the present moment. I don't think Cena will turn heel right now as like I mentioned earlier, he sells merchandise and is the biggest face in the company right now. He isn't the most over face because unfortunately, some people still can't see what makes John Cena the biggest superstar in professional wrestling today. He is slowly getting more respected, but some fans will never cheer Cena and that is purely their own personal choice. I would much rather prefer a Batista heel turn as he just looks like more of a heel than what Cena does right now, in my opinion.

He sells way too much merchandise to turn heel.
Who said you have to be a face to sell merchendise? it dont mean shit.
And if he does continue his feud with Batista, it should be Big Dave who turns heel.
I like batista as the Tweener like he is now he is more interesting this way.
Raw has already got decent heels and by the time Cena comes back, Randy Orton would have returned so therefore could overshadow a possible Cena heel turn
I just think that Cena should go heel. he was great as a heel and going heel once in a while is good for them.
as Orton is arguably the best heel on Raw right now.
:headscratch: he is on raw now? i must of missed his return.

It depends because some weeks he actually gets cheered a fair bit. It changes on a week to week basis. But his gimmick does need a little changing but so does Batista's.
Cheered a fair bit yes. but no where near as much as booed.

thought it was a work anyway as Cena was pulled from his pay per view match.
but if they was turning him heel or making it as a storyline it wouldnt matter if he wasnt in it. he dont need the title to become heel. or to continue his fued with batista.

Who said you have to be a face to sell merchendise? it dont mean shit.

I don't see Edge or JBL making money by being the top merchandise seller. Face's always sell more as they are popular with the fans and especially with the children.

I like batista as the Tweener like he is now he is more interesting this way.

Batista as a heel would be more interesting. Right now Batista is a face. He was only a tweener for the Cena/Batista feud.

I just think that Cena should go heel. he was great as a heel and going heel once in a while is good for them.

I wasn't a huge fan of his rapper gimmick and I can't see him going back to it. Cena's current character isn't heelish at all so he would therefore need a whole gimmick change which is rare nowadays as hardly any main eventers completely change their gimmick.

:headscratch: he is on raw now? i must of missed his return.

Out of all the heels on the current Raw roster, yes Randy Orton is the most over heel. Watch when he returns how much heat he'll get.

Cheered a fair bit yes. but no where near as much as booed.

Some weeks the cheers outweighs the boos. Especially in his feud with JBL, Cena was mega over as a face for those few weeks. The second he got placed in the Championship Scramble, they booed him again.

but if they was turning him heel or making it as a storyline it wouldnt matter if he wasnt in it. he dont need the title to become heel. or to continue his fued with batista.

I'm pretty sure the WWE doesn't just pull superstars from big time World Championship pay per view matches just for a fake angle or a heel turn. The best way to turn him heel at the moment is if he attacks Batista when he returns. Theres a good chance it might fail though as the fans might want the hardcore Cena back. Turning on Punk wouldn't work and a Cena/HBK feud has been done before. I think its best if he stays face for the time being.

Man this guy was just starting to win people over and even though he was winning people over i think he has gone stale. I feel for the guy. He busts his ass day in day out. This has got to be his worst year ever. I just hope he comes back fresh and from a speedy recovery with a new fresh heel rapper gimmick as well like from smackdown when he started off.

When I heard about it being "neck-fusion" I instantly thought of Kurt Angle from right after Wrestlemania X-9. He missed somewhere around 4 monthes I believe. But then I also think of guys like Rhyno and Edge who missed well over a year. Lita too. So that's a big gap on recovery time.

All in all, I'm not "happy" that Cena got injured, just like I'm not feeling sorry for a guy who knew that was part of the risk he was taking. But what I am, is believing this is the best thing for a guy that only returned from missing several monthes of action.. yet was still the same and didn't seem to get any different type of response.

John Cena came back and won the Rumble, only to continue right where he left off and ultimately pissed people off with in the beginning. Then he went into a WAY TOO LONG feud with J.B.L., and utterly this entire year for Cena should be chalked up as a disappointment.

I think he needs to come back, STAY OUT of the title picture (like he has for the most part) and change his direction. A heel turn is possible, but he's the top face and sells the most. A heel turn is a risk in money coming in, and I believe that's why it hasn't happened yet.

But Cena staying the same without any change in character, or heel/face wise.. they risk running Cena too far down everyone's throat and end up turning him into someone NOONE wants to see, regardless of how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back