• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena Injured?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
- We're hearing that John Cena is injured. We will have more details on this later this evening but the word is that he has some sort of neck injury. It may have happened at the RAW live event at Madison Square Garden over the weekend. Stay tuned for more details.

- John Cena is currently working through a neck injury. The MSG match this past weekend was changed from a singles match to a tag match with Cena and Batista vs. Kane and Chris Jericho with Cena sitting on the apron for most of the match. Apparently Cena has been having these troubles with his neck for a few weeks now, likely before SummerSlam. One source reports that WWE went John Cena in yesterday for some medical tests on his neck.

Until he is 100% cleared to wrestle, WWE is probably going to book Cena to protect him from getting hurt anymore until the Unforgiven pay-per-view match. We should have more details on Cena's injury later on.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. But it appears as though he might have a neck injury. Oh well. It's not like he's exactly been pushed too the moon since he returned at the Rumble. Maybe it's better for WWE if he goes away for a couple of month, then maybe they might appreciate him more when he returns.

Well, like everything else injury related posted by the crack WZ news staff, ill call bullshit first. Gee I wonder if this has the same seriousness as Jeff Hardy's big neck injury two weeks ago?? :lmao:

Just watch how they book him. If he is used sparingly, then there may be something to it. Although being booked in a 20 minute multi man main event match in two weeks isnt what I call using someone sparingly. And if he really IS hurt, then WWE needs to just let him heal for fucks sake. This is your entire future right here. And neck injuries are extremely serious delicate things. He came back way more over from his first "injruy" (yea right) so him going away for a decent amount of time to heal can only help him id say.

Yeah, as long as it is a Wrestlezone Headline, or a Ryan Clark headline, I'm calling bullshit on this one for now anyway. Like Norcal said, a wait and see approach is needed at this point with "injury" reports coming from these websites as of late.

But as stated earlier, it's not exactly like they've been pushing Cena to the moon lately as is. A few months off again might do the guy wonders, and having him return and win the Rumble again would be a nice touch. I still say that Batista wins the gold in the next few months, setting up a rematch at Mania with Batista saying that Cena can't beat him. This would be nice to get Cena off of TV and the two away from each other.

Like others have said I wouldn't bet on it, if it was WZ that reported it. With that said if Cena is injured and out for a couple of weeks/months it won't harm him any. Cena gets stale very quickly so it might do him some good to be out. With Cena gone it leaves Batista as the "face" of Raw, but as soon as he comes back Cena will be on top.

It's on the official site too. Jeez, I don't love the guy but I don't wish him in physical pain. Unless it's caused by me of course.

This, unlike the Jeff Hardy or Randy Orton "injuries" has the legit smell all over it. Well, I wish him good luck in his recovery, and will do anything in my power to make the foreseeable Raw shows as enjoyable and Cena-less as can be.

I was at the house show on Sat Night at MSg and sitting in the fourth row...It did not seem that Cena was hurt during the tag match...in fact it looked like Batista was hurt, but the things that struck me as odd during the match was that Cena did not work most of the match, as batista took most of the punishment. While Cena was very energetic as usual...he was very slow and it looked like he had a stiff neck. I'm getting the feeling he was hurt earlier in the week...maybe at Summerslam??? Who knows...

It couldn't have happened at a better time, really. I highly doubt that Cena/Batista was going to be the current program, rather than a drawn out "subtle mention" kind of thing. And if that's not the case, who would Cena have feuded with? JBL? No. Done that. Kane? No, he's with Batista/Mysterio. So really, its better for him to go out now than to do it when they're knee-deep in a program.

Sounds like nerve damage and I hope it's nothing more serious. I'm not a fan of his but Like the guy or not, I don't think anybody would want to end their career cut short cause of a broken neck. Hope he takes it easy and fully recovers before returning to action.

Makes the Raw PPV outcome potentially more interesting, though.

If he needs surgery then there is no way he will be back by the Rumble or Mania for that matter. I hope its a work because I can't see wrestlemania missing a star like him. Thats why he rehabbed so quick last time but this is the Silver anniversary of Wrestlemania. It's a shame if he misses the show. WWE will need to bring back Austin or something to make up for the loss of a star like Cena. I really hope this is just a way to further the storyline between him abd Batista without drying it up before WM.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I hope it keeps him out of wrestling. He is boring and annoys the living hell outta me.

THEY BOO HIM! Why can't Vince understand that?

So much for listening to the FANS!

They used to boo him. You sir are a typical internet fan. John Cena is one of the premiere athletes in the world. He is a top notch competitor. His reign was stale up until Save us RKO I agree. But his return at the Garden in January was the biggest moment of the year aside from Flair retiring. He hasn't been stale lately either. Vince has learned not to shove him down our throats this time. Cena lost at GAB,NOC,and SummerSlam. 3 Straight PPV's. Losing a competitor of his calibur is never good for the buisiness.

This seems like a legit injury and a pretty bad one. It is a costly loss for the WWE because one of their biggest stars is out of action. Hopefully it isn't too serious and it doesn't get worse. Cena's been pretty good since coming back, not winning every match, but looking strong in the process and also not being the focal point of the main event scene. If anything, this injury opens the door for CM Punk and Batista to lead RAW.

Man, all these injuries as of late. I have been noticing that Show is starting to limp again too. I hope his knees aren't thrashed again As for Cena, I so appreciate what he brings to the table in both skill and charisma. A wrestler of his calibre is very hard to come by these days, so a serious neck injury is bad, especially at this stage in his career. Like it or not, Cena is a part of the future of this industry and we need guys like him out there or we will be stuck with guys like John Morrison and the Miz, blech! They wrestle well, but they wouldn't know what to do with a Mic if Ric Flair was standing right next to them feeding them the lines in their ears. Hopefully this is just a simple matter of rehab, if not, hopefully Cena has a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

If this is legit, it honestly might be a good thign for WWE. In my mind, the ratings have been stronger and tv has been better because there's no Cena or Batista or anyone for that matter staying in the title hunt forever. This opens up a huge hole on the roster that hopefully a young guy can come up and claim. Cena is easily still the most over guy on the roster and the fans always react to him either good or bad. There's no one person that can take his place, but it does open the door for some superstars to expand their horizons, which is always a good thing.

If this is legit, which I think it is, then I wish John Cena a speedy recovery.. THANK GOD HE'S INJURED! Yeessssss! This opens the door even further for young talent! John Cena has been so stale, so boring as of late.. I'm hoping he can find a way to re-invent himself when he finally comes back.. *Cross fingers for rapping heel*

If this is legit, which I think it is, then I wish John Cena a speedy recovery.. THANK GOD HE'S INJURED! Yeessssss! This opens the door even further for young talent! John Cena has been so stale, so boring as of late.. I'm hoping he can find a way to re-invent himself when he finally comes back.. *Cross fingers for rapping heel*

Is that necessary?

This is another killer injury for the WWE business-wise. They will lose a few PPV buys over Cena not being involved, and the match just lost a superstar, albeit one that many of us are a little tired of. Still, it happened at a pretty good time if you break it down. I personally hope he comes back just in time to build up another match with Batista, this time with proper build up and a match at Wrestlemania. It keeps the two of them(hopefully) away from the belt, and it also will have many more people watching since the two of them are tremendous superstars. It also throws away the possibility of their feud culminating at Survivor Series or another lesser PPV. That feud is made for Mania, and if Cena can return at say, the PPV before the Royal Rumble, a nice long road to round 2 at Mania would do wonders for the WWE.

Right now though, there is no need to rush John Cena back from injury. It actually gives Raw a little balance and we won't have to see Priceless job to Cena for a while, or atleast until he loses a big match and needs instant gratification the following night. With the return of Rey Mysterio, Raw replaces a star face with a star face (even though Cena>Rey in the over dept.). Now all they need is the return of Orton and things could start falling into place to make the show better because as of late, the show has been lackluster. After the scramble, here's hoping we get a new challenger for Punk (since I believe he will sneak away with a victory), and some new matchups.

Is that necessary?

This is another killer injury for the WWE business-wise. They will lose a few PPV buys over Cena not being involved, and the match just lost a superstar, albeit one that many of us are a little tired of. Still, it happened at a pretty good time if you break it down. I personally hope he comes back just in time to build up another match with Batista, this time with proper build up and a match at Wrestlemania. It keeps the two of them(hopefully) away from the belt, and it also will have many more people watching since the two of them are tremendous superstars. It also throws away the possibility of their feud culminating at Survivor Series or another lesser PPV. That feud is made for Mania, and if Cena can return at say, the PPV before the Royal Rumble, a nice long road to round 2 at Mania would do wonders for the WWE.

Right now though, there is no need to rush John Cena back from injury. It actually gives Raw a little balance and we won't have to see Priceless job to Cena for a while, or atleast until he loses a big match and needs instant gratification the following night. With the return of Rey Mysterio, Raw replaces a star face with a star face (even though Cena>Rey in the over dept.). Now all they need is the return of Orton and things could start falling into place to make the show better because as of late, the show has been lackluster. After the scramble, here's hoping we get a new challenger for Punk (since I believe he will sneak away with a victory), and some new matchups.

Neck surgery usually takes almost a full year to rehab so Idoubt he will be back by Mania but hopefully because I miss his cheezy promos and the IWC bitching about his ring work already. I am glad some fresh faces are getting a chance on all 3 wwe shows though. TNA likes to push Old washed up veterans. While WWE is pushing Rhodes,DiBiase,Primo Colon,Ortiz,Bourne,Kendrick,Shelton etc. isn't that kinda backwards??

I'm not John Cena's biggest fan, but his injury comes at an unfortunate time for him and I wish him a speedy recovery, it's a huge loss for the WWE and like they've been doing alot lately, they got to make up new stuff now on the fly. I wonder if his match with JBL at GAB is what started his neck problems, then his match with Batista is what brought it out to the open. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that he'll be able to have that Angle neck surgery that will only keep him out for 3-6 months, rather than the year long recovery. That way WWE can have Cena/Batista2 for the title at Wrestlemania. If not, if he is out for a year, i expect the WWE will either put the title on Orton or Jericho after Punk has it for a little bit longer, if it's Orton, my guess is Orton/Batista at WM, if it's Jericho I think Jericho/Undertaker WM. WWE needs to start taking it a little easier on Cena. He is their profit generating future, they have to make sure he'll be around for many years to come.

SRY for earlier post

As much as I'm thrilled that Cena is out with injury, it's still a huge loss for the WWE and like they've been doing alot lately, they got to make up new stuff now on the fly. I wonder if his match with JBL at GAB is what started his neck problems, then his match with Batista is what brought it out to the open. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that he'll be able to have that Angle neck surgery that will only keep him out for 3-6 months, rather than the year long recovery. That way WWE can have Cena/Batista2 for the title at Wrestlemania. If not, if he is out for a year, i expect the WWE will either put the title on Orton or Jericho after Punk has it for a little bit longer, if it's Orton, my guess is Orton/Batista at WM, if it's Jericho I think Jericho/Undertaker WM. WWE needs to start taking it a little easier on Cena. He is their profit generating future, they have to make sure he'll be around for many years to come.

I love how people say that they are thrilled with Cena being injured really nice people here on wrestlzone. You are right Cena is the marketing mega machine we haven't ahd since Austin/Hogan. He sells out the ass but if something were to happen to Cena I think the new guy to take over would be CM Punk. Think about it. Parents love him because hes straightedge that makes him a great rolemodel for kids. He is a very sound wrestler and he can cut a promo. He has a very unique style in that he incorporates Judo and Brazilian Jujitsu along with standard mat and submission wrestling. Indy Marks love him so you make them happy and the IWC likes him better than Cena. Vince needs to take better care of Cena or start looking at CM Punk as the future.

"John Cena is suffering from a herniated disk in his neck and will be out indefinitely." I think this is has been the greatest summer ever after reading that statement. Hate me if u want but I have no sympathy for Cena. He plain and simple sux and I hope he takes a VERY LONG TIME to come back. Those of u who think WWE will suffer with this "loss", I disagree. Raw was doing just fine when he injured his triceps and with the fresh new talent Vince is pushing on Raw, it will be a breath of fresh air without stupid wannabe wrestler/rapper Cena. I don't agree with putting Mysterio into the matchup cause anytime he is pushed into the main event it never ends well for him. Rey and Cena should never have been World Champions and if Brock never left and Batista had never been injured, they would never have been. Cena and his stupid gimmick are lame, gay and very boring, and all 3 of his reigns were worse than JBL's WWE Title run (Yes I really just said that). I thought the "E" in WWE stood for Entertainment. Cena is anything but entertaining, I don't care who says he hasn't been that bad recently, he still sux and I hope he never becomes champion again. Bottom line, Cena's gone and I am VERY VERY VERY glad and I hope he never comes back.

"John Cena is suffering from a herniated disk in his neck and will be out indefinitely." I think this is has been the greatest summer ever after reading that statement. Hate me if u want but I have no sympathy for Cena. He plain and simple sux and I hope he takes a VERY LONG TIME to come back. Those of u who think WWE will suffer with this "loss", I disagree. Raw was doing just fine when he injured his triceps and with the fresh new talent Vince is pushing on Raw, it will be a breath of fresh air without stupid wannabe wrestler/rapper Cena. I don't agree with putting Mysterio into the matchup cause anytime he is pushed into the main event it never ends well for him. Rey and Cena should never have been World Champions and if Brock never left and Batista had never been injured, they would never have been. Cena and his stupid gimmick are lame, gay and very boring, and all 3 of his reigns were worse than JBL's WWE Title run (Yes I really just said that). I thought the "E" in WWE stood for Entertainment. Cena is anything but entertaining, I don't care who says he hasn't been that bad recently, he still sux and I hope he never becomes champion again. Bottom line, Cena's gone and I am VERY VERY VERY glad and I hope he never comes back.

Wow I can't believe you said this is the best summer ever because John Cena suffered what might be a very serious neck injury. If you can't stand Cena as much as you say, don't watch Raw then. Don't order PPV so you dont have to see him. Grow up. Just because you don't like the "character" John Cena, does not mean you should be excited the man is injured. While I never saw JBL's title run, At this point, I would much rather have Cena then Jiggly Boobs Layfield as WHC.

Also, i disagree that Cena and Mysterio should have never been WWE/WHC. I think they both deserved it. Cena was and still is MEGA over with the fans, and just because Cena haters like you don't like him, it doesn't matter. You are like 1% of the fans out there. As for Mysterio, I might be a little biased cause he's one of my favourites, but he deserved it too. Mysterio has worked his butt off in ECW, WCW, WWE for many years. He deserved at least one World title run in his career. I think Mysterio is a fine replacement for John Cena in the scramble. Anyways I'm hoping Cena has a speedy recovery after his surgery and is back for another match with Batiata at WM, hopefully an Iron Man match.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Cena is in bad need of a gimmick rework.

The good guy Rapper who respects you but must fight you thing is incredibly boring.

Also hopefully he finally buys some wrestling gear when he gets back cos wrestling in jean shorts and sneakers just makes the whole thing feel cheap and backyardish. Like Superhero's wrestlers need duds that define who they are. Cena's defines him as a guy who wears jean shorts.

I honestly don't know WWE anymore.Anything could be a work anything could be real.But I think I'm going to go out on a limb and say its not a work.WWE wouldn't take one of their most over talents and pull it from a Pay-Per-View.It's a bit weird tough.Cena has always had biceps problems but not back.I'm being to think this was a little problem that Cena ignored.And now it's been built upon thus causing the injury.

I wonder how long he's going to be out tough.If he dosn't get back soon that really ruins the Batista/Cena thats been "wanted" all so long.Big blow on Cena,really.That feud would have sent merch sales through the feckin roof!

this is a major blow to the wwe i read cena could be out from 11-16 months. and i dont think this is fake people he is going to a doctor in texas wed who did austins neck surger. cena wants the quickest way back before mania but this could kill wm altogether i wanted to see these two again. this could very well kill raw for a year. now punk i like and aside from y2j and hbk and batista. there is no upper card talent i hate jbl he needs o retire. mysterio is a joke and kane is still being made to look like a jobber

If Cena needs a neck fusion and is out for a whole year, what a huge blow to the WWE. That means, he would miss WrestleMania and maybe even Summer Slam. I guess it seems that this injury is indeed true and that the affect of it may be bigger than we all thought.

Im thinking that this is going to be a good chance for someone new to step into the main event. Last night they stuck Rey Mysterio is the mix. not that he is someone new but at least it will be a way to enhance the kane rey angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back