• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena Files For Divorce + Wife Hires Linda Hogan's Attorney = Cena's Fucked

Well he's got a pretty much iron clad prenuptial as they have been reporting. So to hire Linda Hogan's scumbag lawyer says there's crap she is going to blackmail him with. With what Linda did to Hogan and the homosexuality claims, my bet is she will give the "you can't see me" as I'm taking little Jimmy from behind stuff may come out.

But I don't get as he has the rights to take all gifts back he gave her. SO that says to me he knew he was up to things behind her back.

You know he seems like a great guy and does a lot of charity work. But a lot of perps do until their deep dark secrets are revealed. So don't go idolizing the guy and slamming his wife until you have all the facts.

Well he's got a pretty much iron clad prenuptial as they have been reporting. So to hire Linda Hogan's scumbag lawyer says there's crap she is going to blackmail him with. With what Linda did to Hogan and the homosexuality claims, my bet is she will give the "you can't see me" as I'm taking little Jimmy from behind stuff may come out.

But I don't get as he has the rights to take all gifts back he gave her. SO that says to me he knew he was up to things behind her back.

You know he seems like a great guy and does a lot of charity work. But a lot of perps do until their deep dark secrets are revealed. So don't go idolizing the guy and slamming his wife until you have all the facts.

That doesn't mean anything. He could have done that after seeing so many other famous people, wrestlers, actors, etc., get raked over the coals for not having a prenup.

But you are right in that no one should judge him or her before facts come out. Just because the guy does a lot of charity work, doesn't make him squeaky clean. And just because Linda Hogan acted the way she did doesn't mean former Mrs. Cena is AS bad.

But in the meantime, people will take sides and it will give many of us something to talk about until Over The Limit :p

One of the key things that a judge will look at when deciding the validity of the prenup is how much time the parties involved had to take in the ramifications of the prenup before getting married. IE, whether they had a chance to fully absorb the implications of it. Given that Liz Cena and John have been dating since high school, it's reasonable to believe that both of them entered into the prenuptial agreement with clear heads, knowing exactly what they were getting in to. It wasn't a quick romance where there she could claim she just signed it to get married, not knowing exactly what it meant.

This is a major point in John Cena's favor. The more the judge believes that both parties signed the prenup with a complete understanding of it, the less likely it is that the prenup will be tossed out. Now, this will also depend on which judge they get and what state it's filed in, each state has different laws regarding the relative value of prenuptial agreements...but generally speaking, the fact that their decision to wed was anything but hurried, meaning they both knew what they were getting in to works for John Cena, not against him.

Unfortunately, I do not see how this will not get nasty. IF something comes out that can hurt his image or make him less marketable, then he loses alot of future money.

Unfortunately, I do not see how this will not get nasty. IF something comes out that can hurt his image or make him less marketable, then he loses alot of future money.
The days of alimony are dying, thanks to the prenuptial agreement. While there is no such thing as an ironclad prenuptial agreement, for reasons I'll get into in a second, the rise of the prenuptial agreement has increased the leverage for the more wealthy party, and in a divorce settlement, they are far less likely to accept a non-child related garnishment to their income. This is especially true for professional athletes, who earn the majority of their income over a few years. An alimony settlement (which would be the only reason Liz Dontcare would be interested in John Cena's future income) would be based on what John Cena is making now, necessitating a court date in the future to get a reduction- of which no one can predict the result of years and years in advance.

Now- why isn't there a such thing as an ironclad prenuptial agreement? While you can sign away all kinds of things, you can't sign away your right to air dirty laundry from the course of your marriage. (Lawyers? Pretty sure that's prior restraint.) So while Liz Dontcare might have an agreement which says that she'll accept x and y in the event of divorce, she can also go to the media and say, well, use your imagination. If it can't be proven false, it's not slander/libel.

Do the math. You have John Cena, who's marketability depends on his squeaky-clean image. What would cost him more; a more expensive divorce settlement outside of the prenuptial agreement, or the resulting loss of income from maybe true, maybe untrue revelations about their marriage?

How much money did Tiger Woods' ex-wife get to keep her mouth shut, again?

Strategically, this woman's best financial option is to sit there with a media gun to John Cena's head. Expect a quiet settlement with undisclosed terms, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a sum leaked to the media.

[Heel] Green Ranger;3897124 said:
Anyways, the big difference between Hogan and Cena in this divorce is that Cena still has a multi-million dollar job to bring home the bacon. Hogan's divorce came pre-TNA and he was pretty much going bankrupt because of it all. Even IF Liz manages to take Cena for a ride and take a good amount of his assets, a single year of work and WrestleMania pay-day will likely be more than enough for Cena to keep living his life the way he likes to.

This is a very, very key difference. Cena will be absolutely fine, even if Liz Cena somehow, despite the prenup, despite the short period of time they were married, gets even more than 50% of Cena's assets because he still has a decade or so of quality money making ahead of him, while Hogan's wrestling career was pretty much over. Hogan has limited opportunity to make back the money Linda moneygrubbed away, while Cena has the opportunity to earn back every dime she will get. What do you think will happen the next time Cena's contract runs out? Vince gives him another huge multi-million dollar contract. Cena won't be hurting for cash long term no matter what happens with this divorce.

I don't think Cena has TOO much to worry about. As many posters say, he will make whatever money he loses in the span of...what...a year? A few months?

It's the mental aspects I'd worry about. WWE is trying to keep his spirits up after all. Might be a reason why he stuck around instead of taking some time off. Trying to keep his mind off of things by doing the thing he loves.

Plus he's the face of the WWE. You know he has Vince backing him up.

I dont understand why there should be mud flinging/messy revelations, they seemed happy enough when she was at ringside a couple of months ago and they hugged/kissed after his match.

But why when it comes to money all this shit happens? she signed a pre-nup and she knew what she was getting into when she married him.

Or could it be, when they talked and the divorce was starting, she thought "well hold on, if that attorney got Linda Hogan all that money, maybe I should try him too"

Sucks that she's maybe going down that road, if theyd got kids I could understand it, but from a personal standpoint as im married with kids, then fair do's.

I think he should give her a million & a house and thats it, and think herself lucky she's gonna get that, why would she need his future earnings like Linda did to Hogan.

I don’t think she is actually going to succeed. They didn’t get married before he became famous and make big money therefore she can’t claim that she help in his success. She signed a pre-nup knowing what he had and what she could get if it didn’t work. Also do you really think WWE is going to make Cana go at this alone knowing this could get nasty and make the face of the company look really bad? I don’t she has a chance. Let’s say she does write a tell all book. Are we really that oblivious and think Cena is positive and does the right things 24/7. In a Randy Orton interview he talks how Cena is a totally different person backstage or behind the scenes. Cena could write the tell all book before her. There was a celebrity divorce last year can’t remember. But they settlement was way high and they wife said no and took husband to court, and only got a 1/4 of it. Look it up on TMZ. Sometimes you know when to hold and when to fold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back