• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena doesn't need to be heel!

I Suck Ass

I survived the Rapture
This is for the people who are constantly saying Cena needs to be a heel. Well, he doesn't. It's pretty simple. If you ask someone that has never watch a wrestling show in their life to name one wrestler, they'll say 1 of 4 names: Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, or Cena. That's how big he is. Why would you take your biggest moneymaker and your role model for kids and turn him heel? Both in wrestling and in business, it wouldn't make sense.

Let's look at wrestling. I've heard 2 suggestions, 1 bad, 1 mediocre. The bad one is "Cena vs. Taker at WM27". NO NO NO NO NO!!! Taker vs. Cena wouldn't be great and it would take a lot of time and effort to get there. Taker would have to win the title from Kane and eliminate him by TLC. Cena would have to eliminate Nexus and get into an in-between title feud, like Cena vs. Miz, and then he would have to win the Royal Rumble. Someone younger that needs the push will win the Rumble, and the way it looks now, Taker won't be getting the title. The mediocre one was to have Cena lose to Barrett. This is the thread, so I won't elaborate. http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=133119 Basically, it says that Cena can lose and then it would test the waters of heel Cena. But why have Cena lose? Nexus is coming to it's end, and to have Cena lose at HIAC would make no sense.

Now let's look at it from a business standpoint. Cena is one of, if not the top seller in WWE, both to kids and adults. In a way, he even sells heel merchandise, because the Cena-haters buy up the shirt of whoever Cena is going against. Why would you get rid of that? It would lose thousands of dollars. There is no sense in it from a business standpoint.

I will conclude with this. Cena has the look and skills of a face. And please don't say "Cena sucks", "Cena only knows 5 moves", or anything like that. I just wanted to prove to the people that say that Cena should turn heel how stupid of an idea it is.

The WWE is entertainment and story lines. Turning Cena heel is NOT good for business, but it would be a refreshing change to see happen and would shock every one. We all love a good surprise once in a while right?

The WWE is entertainment and story lines. Turning Cena heel is NOT good for business, but it would be a refreshing change to see happen and would shock every one. We all love a good surprise once in a while right?

Yes we do, but as much as I am interested in seeing a Cena heel turn, I'm kind of afraid of what it's going to be. When we say "Cena needs to turn heel" we picture our own, ideal image of a heel Cena. We're not picturing what WWE's thinkin'. Which probably includes Cena wearing suits, being boring ( that's a change ), speaking in a robotic manner.

Who knows. It's not good from a business stand point, that's obvious. But I'm not a business company, I'm a fan, I would benefit from seeing him in a different light from time to time. Should he be heel? Maybe, if done right.

Turning Cena heel is great for business. Imagine the shock and awe effect it would have. I am a true Cena hater, but if he were to turn heel, I would love every minute of it. The Nexus storyline is almost dead, and adding Cena to the mix would be a whole new vision and it would open up a great deal of storylines. The ratings aren't good right now, so obviously, something needs to happen and Cena(FACE) isn't the answer, as you can see right now. So, if Cena loses at HIAC, the ratings for Raw the following night, would be through the roof.

Cena is not going to go heel and that would be the dumbest thing that the wwe can do. Forget about the money for a sec im talking about this at a non buisness standpoint. the thing is that raw has way to many big heels like Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Chris Jericho(im not sure he is leaving yet) and Edge and the only top 2 faces are Cena and Orton(and maybe John Morrison depending on how his push works) but if you turn Cena hell then it would be orton verse everyone else so why would the WWE do that?

If Cena does not continue to be the top man to bring in the money and all the merchandise then WWE sure would turn him heel. And when that day happens Cena will become an interesting character again.

You know how many people will tune in to see what Cena will do next?! As soon as McMahon can make a new face to the company, someone to sell out stands, then you better believe Cena will be heel. Think about it, this will take Cena to heights that he's never been. Instead of being a child's hero, he will have respect from fans like us who really know whats up. This will unlock a whole new arsenal for Cena, cause thebullshit moves he does right now won't work for a heel. Cena will be a great heel(once again).

What they need to do is have Cena lose at Hell in the Cell PPV. Have him join Nexus but remain face. The possibility from this storyline is huge. This would be like old idea of have the Rock and Jericho be tag team champs and feuding over the WCW title they hated each other, same idea here Cena would hate be in the Nexus but he would go with it. But Cena sadly will not lose and all this speculation will be for not.

Um not to burst your bubble or nothing
Hogan, Rock, Austin all had heel turns when they were way over with the fans
and spent half there careers atleast as heels, Hogan likely woulda continued to be the "American Hero" if society hadn't changed towards anti-hero's, but he did change and it was a huge success for WCW and the wrestling business in general.

And it's entertainment, having him turn heel is not going to break the business, it will go on. Half the crowd may just switch from booing him to liking him (depending on if he still sucks), and probably get more viewer tune in to see what's going on, atleast in the short term, but the kiddies certainly wouldn't like it

Anyway it's a mute point atm he's the only character that can fill the kiddie fiddling PG Face rating, much like Hogan was in the 80's, til that changes i don't see it happening. Nexus is useless anyway it was just a poor man's NWO and Wade needs to go solo which it seems is the plan.

It's innevitable he will turn heel in the future, personally i don't care either way as an entertainer he's just average PERIOD!!!!

What they need to do is have Cena lose at Hell in the Cell PPV. Have him join Nexus but remain face. The possibility from this storyline is huge. This would be like old idea of have the Rock and Jericho be tag team champs and feuding over the WCW title they hated each other, same idea here Cena would hate be in the Nexus but he would go with it. But Cena sadly will not lose and all this speculation will be for not.

No way. Having Cena be in the Nexus and a face is super dumb. I mean, it's still Cena. This is JBL-HBK all over again.

What I would want to see is have Cena start off against Wade Barrett. Right before they lock up Cena will lie down and get himself pinned. Then he'll stand up with a smirk on his face and cut this huge promo on the fans and his haters, and basically unleash hell on everybody. Just once. That'd be some historic shit right there.

if Hogan can go Heel and WCW was still reeling in the cash, Cena can go Heel and WWE will still reel in the cash. Oh and those worrying about too much Heels on Raw, haven't you guys heard about a couple of them being shipped to Smackdown as Smackdown gets ready to go Sci Fi? I think that's where this Edge storyline is getting at. Other than that, there's a couple of Faces, Daniel Bryan, Morrison, R Truth, Hart Dynasty, and so on, ,WWE is smart, they'll find a way to use their material.

Whoever thinks Cena will lose at Hell in a Cell is a tard. WWE has been talking about breaking up the Nexus for a while now. There was even news released on this site about it. Cena is the WWEs #1 money maker. He is the guy the kids look up to. He hasnt worn out of that kid favorite role yet. For the tools on this site that just want to see someone turn, get over it.. WWE cannot afford to have a psychopath (Orton) be their number one face with the fans they are targeting. Back in the Attitude Era, yes I could see this happening. This is a new generation. Stop living in the past

1st of all dude if cena loses to barret how does that make him an instant heel?? he'd just be following barrets "orders" thus still making him a face..he wudnt lose any of his original fans and actually nexus merchanise wud peak get ur facts straight

then it wud only be a matter of time b4 cena himself causes the demise of the nexus being part of the group..so its a pretty good scenario

Cena may not need to turn heel, but he needs some sort of attitude adjustment himself. He's stale and forced down our throats on a weekly basis. I have an idea, let's actually have him wrestle. No five knuckle shuffles, no poorly executed STF's, no half-assed, renamed death valley drivers. Actually have him wrestle...

I remember watching a documentary about wrestling, forget what it was called...but it had a young kid in an indy promotion called The Prototype, the future John Cena. Back then his finisher was the proto-plex, that back suplex spin to front move he does and guess what??? It actually looked like a damn move back then, not the half assed move it is today in his small...VERY small move list. My point is, The Prototype looked pretty damn good in the ring...I'd like to see that side of John Cena.

I get tired how WWE limits their move list to give them a certain style or feel. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch some old Hogan matches in Japan and compare them to his WWF matches during the same time period.

Well with Jericho apparently leaving soon...apparently Edge going over to smackdown theres two heels gone so you have Wade Barret, Sheamus, Miz....to faces Orton, Cena and dont forget HHH in this as well....and from a business stand point didnt Hogan turning face help WCW ratings for a great while over WWE at the time? And like alot of the rumors are saying WWE wants Miz to be "the Man"....and in all honesty if you didnt notice the night after MITB Miz had huge cheers and i said this before the fans want Miz face...so just flip flop Miz make him the work horse and make Cena Heel ala hogan style...i mean kids love HHH too dont forget and Orton got a large fan base i dont think WWE would lose money honestly if this happen

Whoever thinks Cena will lose at Hell in a Cell is a tard. WWE has been talking about breaking up the Nexus for a while now. There was even news released on this site about it.

I remember a time when everyone was talking about Cena turning on team Raw and becoming heel. I remember a time when the Wwe were suppose to unveil a new logo on the 900th episode of Raw. I remember a time when the Rock was suppose to be working with the Wwe over the summer. Now look at were we are today.NONE OF THESE THINGS HAVE COME TRUE.My point being that the Wwe almost always change up storylines.Just because its on the website doesn't make it true. I think that 9 times out of 10 even the Wwe have no clue how a storyline is going to turn out.So calling someone a turd just because you think your right there wrong is not cool.In closing I don't think Nexus will win but who knows.Anything can happen in the Twilight.....................I mean Wwe.

Cena becoming a heel wouldn't be the end of his career.What? Shoot half of the crowd doesn't like him already.What? People are just waiting to have more of a reason to boo him like Michael Cole. What? Like someone said earlier What?...not one those "let's put him in a suit and make him talk extra boring"type heel role.What?He would need something more creative.Look at Hogan,Austin and Rock they still sold plenty of merchandise when they were heels...and were freakin entertaining.. WHAT?

I feel the time is finally right for a Cena heel turn. Orton is posed to take the top face spot, and Triple H's return is right around the corner. A heel Triple H versus most of the roster has been done before. A face Triple H against a heel Cena is new, as would be a lengthy feud with Edge.

My feeling is Cena should lose at HIAC and 'reluctantly' join Nexus. Wade faces Orton, and Cena helps Wade get the title. He'll then acknowledge that the future is here, and that he's going to lead the charge, thereby turning heel. He'll soon oust Wade as leader of Nexus, become champ, and use the numbers game to have a lengthy title reign.

Thing is, I don't give a crap what's good for business or how much merchandise they sell or even what all the little kids who have taken over the fanbase want. All I care about is what entertains ME, which is something Cena has failed to do for years. Having wrestlers appear once every week of the year is a lot of airtime and exposure, mostly all of them need to turn every now and then to stay fresh and interesting to the audience. So excuse all of us for wanting a better show instead of a few more dollars in WWE's already loaded wallet.

Orton may be able to take over the spot, but I really don't see any easy way to turn Cena heel. As for the Hogan, Stone Cold, and Rock all being heel during their careers, that worked for them and I will admit that. But I really don't see it working for Cena. Maybe if he brought back the rapper gimmick, or started some new gimmick, but for now, it makes no sense. And Giblet55, I totally agree. He does need a few new moves. I'm not here to defend Cena. I'm not the biggest Cena fan myself. I'm just here to say that Cena needs to stay face. And Karaoke Superstar, I want better wrestling too. But I want it to make sense. I don't want to see Cena lose after nearly beating 4 members of Nexus to Wade Barrett. I don't want to see JBL/HBK all over again. I want to see Cena win, and see Nexus disband and actually start their careers. And if Cena doesn't entertain you, here's an idea. DON'T WATCH HIM!

People were saying orton couldnt become face after his fued with triple h and cena .. look what happened ? He's arguebly the top face , baby face , or anti hero in the wwe today .. make a poll and see .. they can experiment with him for at least 2 ppvs before deciding to keep him heel or not .. its not dumb maybe it'll turn out good IF it happens .

Cena may not need to turn heel, but he needs some sort of attitude adjustment himself. He's stale and forced down our throats on a weekly basis. I have an idea, let's actually have him wrestle. No five knuckle shuffles, no poorly executed STF's, no half-assed, renamed death valley drivers. Actually have him wrestle...

I remember watching a documentary about wrestling, forget what it was called...but it had a young kid in an indy promotion called The Prototype, the future John Cena. Back then his finisher was the proto-plex, that back suplex spin to front move he does and guess what??? It actually looked like a damn move back then, not the half assed move it is today in his small...VERY small move list. My point is, The Prototype looked pretty damn good in the ring...I'd like to see that side of John Cena.

I get tired how WWE limits their move list to give them a certain style or feel. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch some old Hogan matches in Japan and compare them to his WWF matches during the same time period.

Damn straight. Took the words out my mouth. Here's the thing. I wouldn't want to necessarily see a full heel turn on Cena. However, give him that ability to pull some heelish tactics as a way to do what he's gotta do.

Remember Cena's debut with "Ruthless Aggression"? That's when I found him most entertaining: Not as a rapper and definitely not as SuperCena. And you know why I found it most entertaining? Simple: To me, Cena was at his most believable a character. Even a small change in moveset could do wonders to keep him fresh. Maybe a new finisher...maybe a new entrance music!

John Cena's "gimmick" is very similar to CM Punk's: Just a small tweak in the gimmick can make him go from "fan favorite" to hated heel or somewhere in between. Sorry John, you're not Ric Flair: You need a change.

Side note: I'm really insulted they call Cena's submission the STF (stepover toehold facelock). It's quite clear that most executions of the move are the STS (stepover toehold sleeper). That simple commentary mistake kinda feeds into the complaints that Cena can't wrestle.

I can really see Cena going heel... Just not this year.

Till his marketability goes down, he will be a face for that time.

Hogan going Heel and forming the nWo was the last ditch effort to get WCW to turn a profit and it did. Tons of ad space bought, and ratings record broken every week. It needed to happen, and WCW would of gone under, and all those guys who left, would of went back to the WWF or ECW.

WWE isn't hurting one bit. John Cena is selling merchandise and DVDs like no other. The WWE isn't in a spot where they need to make a major storyline evolving a heel turn with Cena.

Once the Merchandise and DVDs take a drop in sales, and most of his fans get older, which should be a couple years from now, You will see that Heel change. Till then... Enjoy the Face of Cena.

funny thing is..out of the FOUR NAMES you said. Only SuperCena teenie tiny little kiddy SuperCena hasnt been heel. I wish he would make it big in the movies so I wouldnt ever have to see a Cena thread again. And I mean turning heel after being a megaface.

Cena never had a ruthless aggression gimmick...that was name of the era WWE was in at that time...he had no gimmick...rapper gimmick was his first gimmick. And he could be a great heel, he was a good heel when he was the rapper. But not now he a cash cow, selling merchandise and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back