• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Celebrity Involvement

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's still roughly 3 weeks to go until WrestleMania and I've noticed something strange. Apart from Donald Trump's induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, WWE hasn't done anything that involves celebrity participation at this year's event.

There's still time and I might very well be jinxing it but I personally hope that there's no real celeb participation at WrestleMania. I know WM is supposed to be a huge spectacle, which it is, but I absolutely LOVE the fact that 100% of the attention and hype has been focused on the wrestlers. As I said, I might be jinxing things, but there's usually been some sort of celebrity involvement mentioned long before now. I haven't even heard an announcement in regards to a celebrity singing America The Beautiful. Like I said, such announcements have always been made before now. Personally, I have no interest in a 10-20 minute mini concert or watching celebs wrestle in a match.

Based on what I've read in regards to Triple H, he seems to be someone that's more of a "wrestling" guy than an "entertainment" guy. Mark Madden said something in an editorial, last week I believe it was, in which he said that Triple H isn't ashamed to be a wrestling guy in a wrestling company. After all, Vince has tried to use various buzz terms like "sports entertainment" to convince people that WWE isn't a wrestling company, even though it most certainly is and the buzz words aren't fooling anyone. The lack of celebrities running around all over the place during the build to WM has me wondering if Trips has more influence in the WM format this year.

I think it probably has more to do with the fact The Rock is there, Vince doesn't need to fork over a load of money to b list celebrities to stink up the joint and supposedly get mainstream interest when his current WWE champion is a legit movie star and all over the place promoting 2 upcoming blockbusters while carrying the belt.

The Rock, Brock, and The Donald are more than enough. Of course The Rock and Brock are and were wrestlers, and they definitely owe WWE for giving them their start and a home to come back to. They are celebrities for other reasons now, though, and their crossover appeal far exceeds that of most other celebs WWE could bring in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back