Celebrity Involvement

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I hope to God Almighty that this doesn't jinx everything, though it probably will since I'm the dumbass that's decided to bring it up. I can't help it though, I'm too damn curious for my own good sometimes. So, apologies in advance if I've doomed us all.

The thing I'm curious about is to what degree celebrities will be involved at WrestleMania. In all the heated debate, speculation, controversy and fantasy booking scenarios, the idea of celebrity involvement at WrestleMania has been all but forgotten.

WrestleMania celebrities can definitely be hit & miss, often depending upon who the celebrities are and what they'll be doing. The only celebrity involvement I'm aware of is the reported use of alternative rock artist Mark Crozer to perform Bray Wyatt's entrance theme. There's almost always some recording artist to sing "America The Beautiful" at the opening of WrestleMania, though I've read nothing on who that'll be this year. There's a strong possibility of some members of the New Orleans Saints being in the audience.

All in all, as long as we don't have any celebrities actually wrestling in any of the matches, I'm good.

With all the hoopla surrounding Batista's disastrous return, Punk's walk out, Daniel Bryan, and Taker VS Lesnar, celebrity involvement at Wrestlemania is flying underneath the radar this year. I don't expect anything great from the live performance of Bray's entrance music, because live performances at Mania are usually forgettable or awful.

I get the whole point of mainstream appeal, but more often than not, WWE uses C and D list "celebrities," or celebrities, who are washed up and past their primes to try and legitimize WWE as a real force in the entertainment industry. But 95% of the time the end result is a massive failure, an embarrassment, or a forgettable experience that's a big waste of time. I'm thinking about Mickey Rourke's involvement at Mania 25 after The Wrestler, Snooki's match at Mania 27, and Kid Rock's awful performance at Mania 25.

I think with Hogan being the guest host, because he will have 4 or 5 segments on the show, that he will take up too much time for much celebrity involvement this year. They always show someone famous in the crowd and of course they'll have a performance but I think that'll be it. Hopefully I'm right

They don't need any celebrity involvement. It gets annoying when the celebrities get put in matches. I can understand bringing in someone to sing at the beginning or a band to perform during a wrestler entrance, but for goodness sakes, no celebrity matches! This is the 30th edition of Wrestlemania. They need to focus on providing a spot on the card for as many wrestlers (the deserving ones anyway) as possible. Hulk Hogan is hosting the event, he's still relevant enough that he can get the WWE a large amount of publicity for the show. There is no need to ruin things by wasting a match on using a celebrity in an in-ring role. That's all it ever ends up being. A waste of a spot on the card, which ruins a match, and ultimately frustrates fans. Give the fans what they want. The best wrestlers in the federation facing each other at the biggest show of the year. Hulk's more than enough as far as celebrity involvement goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back