Cashing In On Punk Again?

MoizH28

Pre-Show Stalwart
I posted this in the Raw session since Raw is a supershow every week now. Since everyone is talking about how D Bryan wont have a WM title match I thought of a way he could.

Why not have Bryan cash in on CM Punk after Elimination Chamber as a heel. Dont have punk tap but have him pass out in the Labelle lock, therefore D Bryan gets the title. Test the Raw audience with him as a heel if he gets a reaction then keep him champ past Wrestlemania if not have him lost at WM. A title match between Bryan and Punk would be a wrestling clinic also I think most of us forgot but WWE did tease this before but Punk got injured.

So do you guys think this can work?

Correct me if i am wrong but werent the two briefcases contracts to their respective brands title? Therefore Bryan couldnt cash in on the WWE champion. I know WWE has a habit of not standing by their rules, but i am sure Bryan will cash in on the world champion whoever that person may be. I am curious as to what they will do with that briefcase because right now nobody buys Bryan in a world title match. I see a heel turn coming for him, but i believe it will be after he is the first to lose.

DB has to cash in on the belt which resides on Smackdown.

Therefore, unless Punk somehow becomes WHC on SD!, this can't really happen.

DB has to cash in on the belt which resides on Smackdown.

Yes, I believe that's true, so the scenario can't occur as things are presently set up. But the idea proposed raises a couple of questions.

We still don't know how much of Punk's "malcontent" role was kayfabe. We're still not sure if he was truly threatening to quit the company for good or if the whole thing was an act, and he's actually just a regular employee. But if he did receive some special privileges in order to make him stay, I wonder: Does he have creative control of his own character, a la Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan? Or is he just an employee who performs as directed?

If he does have some semblance of control of how his character is depicted.....would he be willing to lose his title (assuming he wins one) to a mid-carder like Daniel Bryan?

Of course, it might be that he would be thrilled to lose to a hard-working, technical marvel like Daniel. But if you were C.M. Punk and had the ability to approve or veto a title change like this, what would you do?

Just food for thought.

Yes, I believe that's true, so the scenario can't occur as things are presently set up. But the idea proposed raises a couple of questions.

We still don't know how much of Punk's "malcontent" role was kayfabe. We're still not sure if he was truly threatening to quit the company for good or if the whole thing was an act, and he's actually just a regular employee. But if he did receive some special privileges in order to make him stay, I wonder: Does he have creative control of his own character, a la Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan? Or is he just an employee who performs as directed?

If he does have some semblance of control of how his character is depicted.....would he be willing to lose his title (assuming he wins one) to a mid-carder like Daniel Bryan?

Of course, it might be that he would be thrilled to lose to a hard-working, technical marvel like Daniel. But if you were C.M. Punk and had the ability to approve or veto a title change like this, what would you do?

Just food for thought.

If Daniel Bryan can cash in the Blue case for the Red Belt, if I were CM Punk, I would gladly drop the Title to Daniel Bryan. After all…

Edge cashed in on Cena to win his first WWE Title
Rob Van Dam cashed in on Cena to win his first WWE Title
Edge cashed in on Undertaker to win his first World Title
CM Punk cashed in on Edge to win his first World Title
CM Punk casahed in on Jeff Hardy to win his second World Title
Jack Swagger cashed in on Chris Jericho to win his first World Title
Kane cashed in on Rey Mysterio to win his first World Title
Miz cashed in on Randy Orton to win his first WWE Title
Alberto Del Rio cashed in on CM Punk to win his first WWE Title

6 out of 9 of these cash ins were for the respective Mr. MITB’s very first WWE / World Championship, so technically they were all Mid-Carders. 2 out of 3 were for the respective Mr. MITB’s first World Championship (Edge’s second cash in and Kane’s cash in). Of all Mr. MITBs, CM Punk should appreciate the MITB concept. Daniel Bryan has the skills to be World Champion. He could work on his mic skills, but in the WWE, it’s the word “Wrestling” first, then the word “Entertainment”. Give him at least a one month reign. If I were Punk, I would not veto being a part of WWE History. Being the first to win the Money In The Bank Ladder match twice, and being cashed in on twice.

To the main topic, I don’t think Mr. Blue MITB can cash in his case for the Red Belt. Stranger things have happened, but as it stands right now, no.

I like your idea but I also think it has to be for the Smackdown title. I however think the best way this can be done is with a heel turn. I don't think anyone will take him serious as a champion as a face. I think he needs to cash in on a big face like Orton or Sheamus and that be his heel turn. Any fan of his from the ROH days know he makes a good heel and I think we may have seen it with Nexus if he wasn't fired. Now with the briefcase is the perfect time for it to happen.

Why not have Bryan cash in on CM Punk after Elimination Chamber as a heel. Dont have punk tap but have him pass out in the Labelle lock, therefore D Bryan gets the title. Test the Raw audience with him as a heel if he gets a reaction then keep him champ past Wrestlemania if not have him lost at WM. A title match between Bryan and Punk would be a wrestling clinic also I think most of us forgot but WWE did tease this before but Punk got injured.

This is something I would not mind seeing happen. The only problem is that Bryan's blue briefcase is meant to be cashed in on the world title holder on Smackdown. Punk would have to move brands and the belts would have to swap, meaning someone from Raw would have to win the World Championship to take it over to the red brand. WWE always figure a way out of those types of situations though so I'm not concerned about it.

As far as the angle goes.... It can work. Bryan says he is cashing in to get a title match at Wrestlemania. If he cashed in at Elimination Chamber then he guarantees that he is in Smackdown's world title match. I'd still rather see him cash in his opportunity as a Wrestlemania match instead though. They can still have him feud with Punk if Punk jumps brands between now and then. The match would definitely be a potential show stealer and the build for it could be incredible. Either way works though because whether he cashes in at Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania the important thing is that Bryan gets a world title match at the biggest show of the year thanks to his blue briefcase.

Just pretending that this situation could occur since it can't in reality, I think that it would be a very interesting story and something I would really like to see. I feel like Punk and Bryan match up very well and seeing them put on a story like this would be very entertaining. Bryan obviously has incredible grappling skills and CM Punk is very underrated when it comes to grappling and submissions. I do think that a heel run for D Bry would be pretty interesting, it's I could see him being more of a whining heel and whining about how he beat Punk and Punk rubbing in that he didn't make him tap, definitey would have potential. Maybe sometime in the future this could actually happen, that would be something to see.

The Money in the Bank in the Blue Brief Case, is for a title shot for the WHC on the Blue Brand aka Smackdown. So unless Punk wins the rumble and challenges the WHC to a title match at WM, Bryan vs Punk ain't happening. I doubt well see anyone pull the classic Edge move and lose one Elimination Chamber match, and insert themselves into another one.

Also Bryan vs Punk wont sell a PPV, hell I doubt it would get decent ratings on cable TV due to the vast majority of people not giving a fuck about Danial Bryan, but thats just speculation. Byran has just began to get TV on Smackdown again in the past few weeks after going missing for a month.

I still think its in everyone's best interest to have Bryan drop his MITB to Wade Barrett and push Barrett to the MOON. Barrett's got the total package, size, mic skills, hes good in ring, and did I mention he can cut a promo, wrestle with the top dogs, and he gets heat from the audience.

Generally speaking, I think the SD! MITB briefcase is brand exclusive. It's true that brand exclusivity doesn't quite mean the same thing now as it did 6 months ago but I believe that WWE wants to keep any and all things connectiong to the WWE & World championships firmly planted within the respective brands that feature those titles.

Could WWE have Bryan cash in on CM Punk? Sure, no reason to suggest that they could. Me personally, I prefer the way they seem to be going about things right now. If the idea is to build Bryan up as someone who'll eventually be able to take on Mark Henry by having Henry just constantly beat him down, thereby forcing Bryan to raise his game, then I'm all for it. Such an angle sets up a match that could tell a great story, can provide an interesting clash of styles and could potentially result in the creation of a new main event face that defeats the most dominant heel SD! has seen in a very long time when former World Champions like Randy Orton & Big Show have failed to do so.

Having Bryan go heel and cash in on CM Punk just makes Bryan just another in a long line of past winners that's cashed in MITB when a champ is vulnerable. It'd probably create a backlash among internet fans, though that's kind of a moot point as the IWC tends to bust WWE's balls about anything and everything anyhow.

While the scenario is certainly a possibility and CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan would undoubtedly be a great match, I do not want this to happen. I feel that it would be a step backwards for Bryan if he turns heel. Right now, it may look as if Bryan is being made to look weak but what is also noteworthy is that WWE is also building up sympathy for him. He looks like the guy who has no chance whatsoever and when he wins at the end, it is going to make for a great story.

All in all Bryan has a better chance of getting over by standing out from the pack, ie by cashing in on the MITB fairly, than by falling in line, ie turning heel.

Just food for thought.

I created an account solely to respond to this post.

I understand what you mean when you say "employee," but we must not forget that sadly, WWE wrestlers ARE NOT employees of WWE. Instead, they are independent contractors. This gets the WWE out of paying a lot of money in taxes. Not to mention, they don't have to provide benefits.

On topic, I was thinking about this earlier today. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk would be a much better WrestleMania main event than Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry. Seriously, I would mark hardcore.

Have a nice day.

Daniel Bryan's briefcase is colored blue. Meaning that briefcase is solely for Smackdown. So Daniel Bryan cashing it on CM Punk makes no sense at all. While CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan is no doubt a great match, that won't happen too soon. Not unless Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, where he can choose which champion he wants to face. Well that makes no sense too because that would be too much push for Daniel Bryan who hasn't prove anything at this point in the WWE.

Really? We've had the MITB PPV two years in a row, each time with one match per brand, the briefcase of which is exclusively related to the world title for its specific brand. This is NOT the same as when there was one briefcase won at Wrestlemania which could be used on either brand. The Smackdown MITB can only be cashed in on the WHC, and the Raw MITB can only be cashed in on the WWE Championship. This is explicitly stated on a regular basis on WWE programming and has been since before the 2010 PPV. I can't believe people still need this explained every few weeks.

Correct me if i am wrong but werent the two briefcases contracts to their respective brands title?
You really think that's going to stop the WWE booking committee if they decided Punk vs Bryan was the way to go? Such minor hinderances are easily ignored or explained away in storylines. Stop thinking of wrestling as a real sport.

While I agree that facing CM Punk would be just awesome for Daniel Bryan, it wouldn't be that great for CM Punk.
Sure, it might be a great match and it might steal the show, but Daniel Bryan is not a big star. HE'S NOT! For CM Punk to keep (or rather regain) his momentum he must face a big marquee value name at Wrestlemania like the Miz or maybe even Stone Cold. If the WWE wants to position Punk as the next big thing after John Cena, having him face Daniel Bryan is definitely not the way to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back