Carson Palmer to Seattle, Could it Happen?

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Carson Palmer is going to be making $11.5 mil., and according to some the Bengals are going to ask him to take a paycut, and those same people are expecting Palmer to say no to said paycut, which would then lead to him being cut or traded

does anybody think that if all that happens, that Palmer could end up in Seattle?, He is a former USC QB from the Pete Carrol era, so the two already have history together, Hasslebeck is clearly nearing the end of his career, and Whitehurst looks to be a pretty shit QB, and not the answer they're looking for, so they're likely to go looking for a new QB, and Cinncy could be looking to move their QB, so does anyone think this could happen?, and if so does anybody think it would be a good move for those involved?

It would certainly be a good fit for him. Palmer is a guy that is dying for a change of scenery as he hasn't done well in Cinci. You give him a new area and a new team and it's hard to say what he could put together. I'm not saying he'll be an All-Pro, but he could resurrect his career. Also it would help Seattle as they ahve a good number of pieces up there and while bad aren't awful like the Bengals. I could see it happening and working.

IPalmer to Seattle is a possibility. And so is Palmer to a lot of teams. I don't see any way Palmer stays in Cincy after this season. I think Palmer can still be a good QB but really needs a change. The 49ers, Carinals, Vikings etc all will probably make a play for Palmer. Seattle has as good a chance as any to land him.

I pointed this out in a couple of other threads and the move makes a lot of sense. Cinci is most likely going to move on and Seattle could potentially need a qb. Matt Hasselbeck is a free agent and it's starting to look more and more like they won't resign him. They also aren't going to have a low enough pick to get one of the top rookies in the draft (Luck, Mallet, or Newton).

Palmer will most likely be gone from Cinci as that team needs to start over with a new regime. Pete Carroll knows him very well from their time together at USC and we all know how much Carroll loves giving his former Trojans a chance at redemption. Palmer needs a change of scenery badly and going to Seattle could pay off. The NFC West next year will still be a very weak and winnable division.

Other teams in play for Palmer could be the Vikings, Niners, Titans, Panthers, Redskins, and Cardinals. There is going to be a lot of qb changes this offseason and Palmer is one of many veterans along with McNabb, Bulger, and Orton who could be looking for new homes.

Considering it is looking like the Bengals are going to have a top 5 pick I could see this going down. I'm not sure how much trade value the Bengals would want in return, but I could see Seattle giving up a 2nd rounder to land Palmer. With Hasselbeck being a FA this upcoming offseason and questions revolving around Seattle's QB position it would make a whole lot of sense. The Bengals (if they traded or cut Palmer) would be in position to land a guy like Newton, Locker, or Mallett. Hell Luck could be available if things went there way or they traded up to do so.

This could be the end of Palmer in Cinci as I see them going towards a rebuilding stage and getting rid of many of their older players and looking to start new and fresh this coming offseason.

I doubt it happens. Seattle already has Charlie Whitehurst and Pete Carroll's already shown that he's not going to show any favoritism to/go after those who played under him at USC.

I doubt it happens. Seattle already has Charlie Whitehurst and Pete Carroll's already shown that he's not going to show any favoritism to/go after those who played under him at USC.

Charlie Whitehurst is garbage and has proven that fact multiple times this season. Carroll already went after two USC players this past off season that no one would really touch. He not only gave Mike Williams another shot at receiver, he actually made him a starter near the beginning of the season. He also went after Lendale White after White had many behavioral problems elsewhere. Lendale ended up getting cut but he was still given a shot. Carroll also drafted a te that played under him in the 6th round last year and signed another of his former corners to the practice squad. He may not be showing favoritism per say but he has shown he has no problem going after his former guys.

it would be a good fit for both i feel and i def can see this happening...i see the 49ers and Vikings going really hard for a vetran QB like Palmer or McNabb though...but Seattle is still a very good and likely place for Palmer.

As a Bengals fan from the Cincinnati area i see this playing out differently. Now that Marvin has re signed i see the Bengals doing some new and better things. He said the only way he would come back is if Mike Brown would actually put more into the scouting and player personnel decisions.

Palmer looked pretty good the last three games of the season and there was a reason. He had receivers who actually ran a route all the way and tried to catch a pass instead of two who were too busy planning their next horrible reality tv show.

It's already obvious tha TO isn't coming back. And judging by Chad Johnson's (i will never refer to him as ochocinco) lack of production and recent comments about Marvin i see him finally getting cut!!!!

The Bengals should draft AJ Green with their first pick and in the second round try for Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, or Cam Newton to mentor under Palmer a few years.

Seattle invested a ton of money and draft picks in Whitehurst so I don't see them giving up on him after one season. It was a stupid move considering how un-proven he was but they have to at least give him a chance now. Palmer has regressed the last few years and they would have to invest a lot of money in him too likely. Can't have that much money invested in two unsure QB's.

Minnesota is the most likely as they don't pick high enough to get one of the top QB's and Joe Webb clearly isn't the answer yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back