Poor Carson Palmer.

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm not a Bengals fan by any means, but if must suck playing for a team that can't seem to find a defense. From 2005-2007 Carson's number's were amazing. He threw for 12,002 yds, passed 86 Touchdowns with 45 ints, and had a QB rating of 93.9. Only one man had better stats than him, and that is obviously Peyton Manning. For the record Manning had 12,184 yds in the air, 90 touchdowns, and only 33 interceptions. Mind you that Manning had been in the league 7 yrs by this time.

I'm not saying that Palmer is better than Manning, but he is one hell of a QB that goes unnoticed most of the time. He plays for a up and down team with no direction. He was what Manning was to the Colts when he was drafted by the Bengals. His injury this year gives him the ability to watch tape, and unfortunately watch the Steelers. He is a great QB, and I feel that he is the next biggest threat to worry about next year. The Bengals don't have that hard of a schedule next year. Next year we could be seeing come back player of the year award could be between Brady, and Palmer.

There is no doubt in my mind that while he was off with an injury Palmer was studying film watching the best defenses like the top two in the league Ravens/Steelers. Manning doesn't have that problem to face year in and year out, in fact no one does. Palmer wasn't looking great at the start of the year, but neither was Manning. Look at what he accomplished. I realize that the Bengals have hardly a defense, but if you look at how they played at the end of the year there is hope. Not to mention that Benson is the biggest steal of the year, as he looked solid in his Bengal season.

Mind you that the Bengals walk in to the free agency with $29.75 million under the cap. That will easily allow them to search upon free agency, and I'm guessing they will be looking for defensive players that can change their team like everyone else in the league. The question will be how much will money talk for the Bengals. Palmer as I have shown is an elite QB who desperately needs a good defense. Keith Rivers was drafted last draft, and he was taken out early in the season by Ward, but I'm sure he won't disappoint next season.

The AFC North is always led by the Steelers, but as we have seen this year second place in the AFC North can be a great team like the Ravens. At the same time last year the Browns were a hot team for the first time in 10 years. Even with the Steelers having 2 championships it is known how competitive this division has been since the arrival of Palmer. He took the Bengals to the playoffs in his 3rd in the league, and not that shabby for a number one pick, and he was league MVP in his 3rd year as well!

Everyone seems to think that one of the most productive duo of WR's in the NFL was born without Palmer. Look at this season without him, and you can see how much it affected those two on the field. From 05-07 he threw 76 TD's to the both of these men. That is astonshing, and even Brady doesn't have those stats with two WR's. It has been Manning/Harrison in Indianapolis, so not even him.

They are a team who has been patient, and it almost seems right for them make a name for themselves next year, and they will. Even if they lose one of those two dynamic WR's I still think Palmer can win games with one of them, and thats if they don't draft one, or buy one in free agency. If Chris Henry can grow up, then he is easily a star, and possible future pro bowler. Henry showed promise in 2006 when he registered over 600 yds as a third WR for the Bengals while pulling in 9 TD's.

Hell, they could even take Michael Crabtree or any other top name WR in the draft. Then again I don't think they will need a WR that early as I think Palmer can pass to anyone, and he doesn't need first round talent to do that. I honestly think they'll be looking to protect Palmer with a LT. Which they will draft in the 1st round of the this year's draft. Eugene Monroe will be the best pick at their spot in the draft. He is another Virginia LT that will dominate the position in the nfl. Bengals are the sleeper from the north.

A fucking Men, another Who Dey mark on the forums, hell yeah. Carson Palmer, fundamentally and physically is just as gifted as any of the elite quarterbacks in the league, the problem is, see Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason. The Bengals franchise has had some gems at the QB position, yet the incompetency at the upper level to not build a proper team around those players.

Carson Palmer has the misfortunate situation of having a team that got rid of all of their good Offensive Lineman, either due to mismanagement or retirement, and played behind terrible defenses throughout the years. In 2005 when the Bengals were actually decent, it was because their defense led the league in takeaways and wasn't on the field for 45 minutes a game. Palmer and his offense had a chance to play with a lead, and dictate rhythm and pacing of the game.

This year was just a giant misfortune from beginning to end. From Chad Johnson essentially being a worthless bitch in the offseason, to TJ getting injured, Palmer, Johnson and Housh never had that chance to get into rhythm. The Preseason was that chance to do it, and none were on the field at the saame time. It's the exact same reason for Peyton's slow start, no preseason. Then you have the complete abscence of an offensive Line and Palmer eating the dirt about a dozen times in the first 4 weeks which ended up in his elbow being injured. It's a shame, but that's on Mike Brown and his refusal to keep guys like Steinback and Big Willie.

This upcoming season could be interesting, but the WR core begins and ends with TJ Houshmandzadeh. If TJ takes off, then the one guy that was reliable is gone. In my opinion, you get your penny on the dollars for a trade of Chad Johnson, and you make TJ the go to guy on the team. That's neither here nor there.

2009 could be interesting for the Bengals and Palmer. They do play a very weak schedule this year, and under palmer, they have played teams like teh Ravens fairly well. For a while the Steelers and Bengals were only able to beat each other at the others home, but now the STeelers have easily begun to pull away in the series once again. With Mike Zimmer as D Coordinator, and Palmer healthy with a good core, I'm cautiously optimistic.

The 2009 schedule points towards success. Eric Mangini is a complete and total clown and over rated as a head coach, see Herm Edwards. The Browns suck and always will suck. Palmer has had his success with the Ravens int he past. Yes there is a good core there with young talent, but that defense isn't getting any younger. The Steelers though with Big Ben and Tomlin remain the team to beat, and until the Bengals can beat them, then it's still the Steelers Division.

I remember watching CBS and hearing Cowher say " The Bengals will be a surprise team. The last 6 years they've been offensively minded, but 08 was the year their offense struggled, and their defense exceeded expectations". That does make sense, Palmer should be healthy, their defense is improving, and the draft can only help.

Now onto Carson, the man was one hell of a QB up until January of 05, he carried the offense on his back, and was the reason Lewis still had a job, and was the only reason they made the playoff once in Lewis' tenure as head coach. The Bengals still have some problems, like the cancer that is Chad, and i believe Houshmanzadeh is a FA who will likely sign elsewhere unless Cinci offers him an absurd amount of money.

Anyways, if Palmer is fully healthy i expect big things from him this year, if i can recall their schedule isn't too tough, they do play Pittsburgh and Balt twice, but i don't think Baltimore will be as good defensively because of their free agents, and money problems. If Palmer doesnt throw for over 3500 yds and have at least 25 td's his season will be a disappointment. Unless he gets injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back