• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Card for ROH First Television Taping

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Ring of Honor will tape the first episode for Sinclair Broadcasting on Saturday 8/13 at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL.

Here is the most updated card:

ROH champion Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong.

ROH Tag Team champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli)

ROH TV champion El Generico vs. Jay Lethal.

Eddie Edwards vs. Michael Elgin.

Also appearing will be Jay and Mark Briscoe, The All Night Express, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Mike Bennett, Tommaso Ciampa, The Embassy and The Bravado Brothers.

For ticket details, visit www.rohwrestling.com.

Pretty impressive, and a few names that the casual fans shall recognize while getting to know a few unknowns.

Main event should be good, Strong is one of my personal favorite workers and with Davey, they constantly put out high speed, hard-hitting matches. Davey will get some good exposure off this, he needs it, for those who don't know Davey Richards he's compared by some to that of Dynamite Kid and Chris Benoit.

Then you got the more known names - WGTT will be in action against Kings of Wrestling wish will be one of either their final or one of their last Ring of Honor appearances. Jay Lethal will get a chance to shine, hes been great since his return and to see him in the TV Championship fold is great.

Overall looks pretty good. This is a great beginning for Ring of Honor with the SBG deal. Can't wait to see the new set/production.

looks very tasty!

It's all about KOW quite frankly and im kinda shocked that cabana isnt booked considering his popularity increase as of late and the fact that its chicago...would be nice to see him and punk turn up for one night only also.

Yeah, I'm also a little confused as to why Colt isn't on the show...

World and tag title matches will be solid showings... does anyone see Benjamin becoming RoH Champion at some stage?

Yeah, I'm also a little confused as to why Colt isn't on the show...

World and tag title matches will be solid showings... does anyone see Benjamin becoming RoH Champion at some stage?

i wouldn't be totally suprised if he did become ROH champ one day but i cant really see him in the company for a long enough period of time to get to that stage...I dont think it will be long before WWE or TNA come calling for both him and haas.

I am really looking forward to seeing these matches. Richards and Strong have wrestled quite a few times over the past year and each time the matches have been very good at the worst. It's a perfect main event to start the television run.

The same can be said about WGTT and KOW. They've had numerous matches since "Glory By Honor" last September and they have all been really good. This is possibly Hero and Castagnoli's final match, so it will be a perfect send off to the Kings.

El Generico and Jay Lethal should be a great match. I am a huge fan of both guys and they should deliver an outstanding match. I hope ROH gives them some good time and I hope it is the main event of the first show. I think this will be one of the better matches on the card.

Eddie Edwards and Michael Elgin are two of my favorite wrestlers on the ROH roster. Edwards has had an amazing year putting on great match after great match and Elgin is an absolute powerhouse who is different from everyone else on the roster and is a lot of fun to watch. I think Elgin is going to be the one to end Davey's title reign, but I don't think that's going to happen until next summer at the earliest. This is the match I think I am the most excited for.

Overall, I am loving the line up for the first set of television tapings.

It looks like a very promising card and something that will get people watching and further expose ROH to general wrestling fans.

I'm just excited at the possibility of another promotion taking off.More promotions is just good for wrestling period.And with all the talent WWE and TNA have released ROH could really round out it's roster nicely.

Im liking the look of this, Jim Cornette has decided on a damn good card. Kings of wrestling vs Worlds Greatest tag team.......Furk yea. Will there be any available coverage online, does anyone know? It doesn't air in Australia i don't think. I'd love to see this card in it's entirety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back