Can I just tell you what to listen to??

Danger Burger

Thread Killer
Obviously i dont mean that too strictly, but I know of a few bands for a while now that i just dont feel enough people know of and i would love for you guys to check them out and let me know what ye think.

My own personal taste in music:
Generally open minded, towards the rock side of things, but a little of all sorts. I know all the lyrics to Shakira's Laudry Service, but thats a story for another day. Always enjoyed proggy stuff, starting with an interest in Tool, but moving towards bands like Rush and Yes etc. I like the beatles, punk rock and enough to have a reputation among my friends of having no taste in music because i like most things. Iv also been accused of being a fascist and a hipster because i always talk about bands not everyone has heard of. Thats mainly because i dont much see the point in talking about Metallica seeing as we all already know everything about them! So enjoy if you do, and dont if you dont!!

I wont go into too much depth on the who and the when of it all (or maybe i will?), as Wikipedia should fill you in on that if you're interested, but i'll add some youtube videos to point ye guys in the right direction and say what i think of them (Im talking as if anones reading this... But you'l only know that if you are) and you simply have to say what you think! Hopefuly i'll add to it every now and then!! Thanks and enjoy!!

Also, if anyone wants to throw up a hidden gem of their own with a link or three that'd be more than cool!?

King's X

Beast of a band. Hard Rock from the 80's and still trucking!! They blend a few of genre's together with a magnificent result. Three members (one who recently survived a nad heart attack) Doug (DUg) Pinnick on bass (reeeeally on bass) and vocals (reeeeally on vocals), Ty Tabor on guitar (and so smoooth) and Jerry Gaskill completing the set on the cannons! VH1 rated them as the 83rd greatest artist of Hard Rock... And i assume their opinion is a little higher on the food chain than mine.

Enough talk, time to blast it! (and make sure your speakers are worthy)
[YOUTUBE]J2SYPzKzD94[/YOUTUBE]

As far as i'm concerned... Job done. If that song doesnt make you nod your head, then this band is not for you. Its a track off their second album, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska and you should go buy it and here the whole thing. Thundering bass, nonstop riff mastery and the smoothest vocals this side of the milky way put with great lyrics and a cool enough music video make this one of my favourite songs of all time. There is just nowhere to find fault in my eyes!!

They stayed the pace for a good while with that style of music which you can explore all by yourselves and after a while delved into other areas, even swapping vocal duties between the two non drummers like in this song named Shes gone away from the Please Come Home... Mister Bulbous (2000). The album also had a song for charlie sheen, long before it was cool to sing about charlie sheen!! Its a cool enough song, and pretty different from the last! So try and enjoy again!

[YOUTUBE]x9InOx83oFI[/YOUTUBE]

And last but not least is a personal favourite from an earlier album (1996) called Ear Candy. I thought i'd use a live recording here (despite not having heard a live version of this before) because any other live recordings of theirs i hear on youtube are of a phenomenal quality, and really show the staying ability of a band who have been together 30 years, with a frontman over 60 (who looks younger than i do for goddsake!) So heres the final link, hopefully not the weakest... Let me know what you guys think of King's X.

[YOUTUBE]3BNm0G9Jq5E[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back