Calgary Region, Fourth Round: (3) Hart Foundation vs. (26) Outsiders

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hart Foundation

• Outsiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

the-hart-foundation--large-msg-122866504419.jpg

3. Hart Foundation

Vs.

04.jpg

27. Outsiders

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Hooo Boy. A real tag team against a mash up tag team. Outsiders have made it farther than most of the "experts" here ever thought they would. I really think that is a result of popularity more so than skill. Skill will win out on this one. Plus I just can't get rid of the top four seeds. Hart Foundation.

Well, the cute ridiculousness that is the Outsiders making it to this point of the tournament ends in a Hart Foundation win. No explanation necessary.

Winners: The Hart Foundation

I do love me a good Outsiders promo. Problem is that this isnt in WCW & a microphone doesnt mean shit in a match. No freaking way that Hall\Nash go over in this one. This is in Calgary against the hometown team who is much better.

Anvil can match\beat Nash in the strength department. Bret is faster & can out wrestle both of The Outsiders- no problem. Nash tears a quad trying to get across the ring to tag in Hall & it is all downhill from there. Pink & Black take down the Black & Red.

The Hart Foundation would've gotten a better challenge from Bockwinkel & Stevens or The Rock N' Roll Express. Even though this would be an easy victory for The Foundation purely based on skill, I believe The HF could drag a decent match out of The Outsiders. I don't think anyone has to worry about Nash & Hall going through to the next round based on familiarity, the voters know The HF better than Bockwinkel & Stevens and The R&R.

Sorry Outsiders, but survey says...that's 1 more for tha good guys!

Seriously? The Outsiders made it this far? I voted for them in the first round but could have seen them going out there. They should have never made it past the Rock n Roll Express and no way in hell should they have beaten Bockwinkle & Stevens but I shouldn't be surprised. It has to end here though. Bret Hart was better than both Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and The Hart Foundation was a way better team. The Harts always worked well together and would systematically dismantle The Outsiders.

Seriously? The Outsiders made it this far? I voted for them in the first round but could have seen them going out there. They should have never made it past the Rock n Roll Express and no way in hell should they have beaten Bockwinkle & Stevens but I shouldn't be surprised. It has to end here though. Bret Hart was better than both Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and The Hart Foundation was a way better team. The Harts always worked well together and would systematically dismantle The Outsiders.

It's good that Brain makes my posting easier by just reading my mind and posting it on here. Guess that's why he's the Brain? Now my head hurts.

Anyway, there's a match with The Bolsheviks against the Hart Foundation at Wrestlemania 6... watch that match and replace the singing of the Russian National Anthem with Scott Hall's survey, and you'll have the finish to this match - a 10 second squash when Anvil knocks Nash out of the ring, Hart hits an Atomic Drop, Anvil grabs Hall in a bear hug, Hart hits the Hart Attack, and gets the pin as the Saddledome breaks the sound barrier as they cheer their native sons.

One more for the good guys... The Hart Foundation.

I'm a big Nash and Hall fan, but they WERE more singles wrestlers who wrestled together in a team now and again (although they did win multiple tag-team titles in WCW), and here they are against one of the greatest teams of all time.

I'm pretty sure this would be a really entertaining match, watching Big Sexy and the Anvil trading the heavy blows, while Bret and Hall would almost certainly have great exchanges in the ring. However, I can only see the Hart's going over here.

Bret counters a Razor's Edge into a roll up for the deserved win here with the arena exploding for their favourite sons.

Hart Foundation are a good little midcard tag team. The Outsiders were headline acts during the 1990's boom period ...hell they were the guys responsible for the launch of that 1990's boom period.

Whatever has been booked, lobbied or argued is irrelevant because The Outsiders are going over. Hart Foundation are not politically savvy or over enough to justify beating The Outsiders to the booker.

Jim Neidhart is the weak link - he would do the job.

Here is a video of The Outsiders (& Masahiro Chono) beating arguably the greatest tag team of all time in the Steiner Brothers (& Keiji Mutoh) in front of 53,000 fans Osaka, Japan & selling $5 million worth of nWo merchandise that same night in the process.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=_uCZWHBtQJw[/YOUTUBE]

The Outsiders win. Survey says...one more for the bad guys!

I don't like The Hart Foundation. I think they are overrated, and I always found Bret to be pretty bland, but they go over in this match. The Outsiders were a solid team, but half the time they were champions Nash was hurt and X-Pac would fill in. Most of their title reigns were the result of Bishoff just handing them the belts or them breaking up a team to recruit part of said team into the nWo. Besides, 90% of their time as champs Hall was off the wagon and doesn't remember them, so if he can't remember them they don't count.

Live Yáz;5013493 said:
I don't like The Hart Foundation. I think they are overrated, and I always found Bret to be pretty bland, but they go over in this match. The Outsiders were a solid team, but half the time they were champions Nash was hurt and X-Pac would fill in. Most of their title reigns were the result of Bishoff just handing them the belts or them breaking up a team to recruit part of said team into the nWo. Besides, 90% of their time as champs Hall was off the wagon and doesn't remember them, so if he can't remember them they don't count.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Live Yaz again

This is exactly my point. I'm in no way a fan of anything to do with the Hart family. I think Bret Hart was a great in-ring technician, but was as stale on the mic as you can get. Anvil was just big and brawny and liked to drink. Thankfully, he has a hot wife and managed to squirt out Natalya. :D

Regardless, the Hart Foundation were very decorated champions and weren't midcarders, as painful as it is to say that. They beat Demolition for one of their tag title reigns, so it's not out of the question for them to beat an inferior tag team that were put together because of the nWo.

The Hart Foundation should take this one. I love Hall and Nash but to be honest I remember them losing quite a lot, only to have Bischoff hand them the belts again, since that's not happening here I don't see any reason why The Outsiders should win.

The Hart Foundation lost their fair share too but overall they were just a better team, they had better chemistry and since Bret has a winning record on both Hall and Nash I don't see any reason for them to go over here.

Harts win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back